JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Simpleset Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasmart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Go to the Diagnosis Area of the File Section and select Upload. Then post a link to the upload in this thread.

Graham, Thank you for the pointer. I have uploaded the file to that section http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12674

I appreciate your efforts on the development of this software. It really opens up the functionality of these cheaper (when compared with the harmony) remotes. I've been using the various iterations for a few years now.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasmart, please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24b. This should solve the problem of your URC-7130 failing to load. However, there was also a problem with the RDF. The Power Macro for the Combi mode was not showing up on the Activities tab. Correcting this needed a change to the RDF, not to RMIR itself. So please also use the revised RDF for the URC-7120/30/40 that I have put in revision 5 of this RDF package. These links have not changed from those for the previous versions, but I have repeated them here for ease of use.

If you have any more problems with the URC-7130 in RMIR, please let me know. You mentioned it being temperamental with v2.02a. This may mean that there is still some problem with this remote that we have not yet solved. Please do not feel that you are troubling us by reporting errors or difficulties. That is the only way we get to know of things that need attention.

Edit: Note for tranx - Alpha 24b also fixes the learned signals dialog bug that I mentioned in a post a few days ago.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon thanks for the note

- with Alpha 24b: in the Layout tab of the Device Editor, I can assign a function to a shifted key by double-clicking the title of the function or dragging, or replace one, but cannot remove one using the 'remove' button.

In the Buttons tab, using the 'remove' button there, I can remove a function from a shifted key.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranx, thanks for letting me know. It was a simple but subtle oversight. Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24c.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mathdon - in RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24c, 'remove' does work fine on shifted keys in Layout.

Three more bonuses:-
Re. Macros
1. Up to 10 so far, more with JP1 than without it (while any limit with JP1 is unknown)
2. - including a function assigned to a shifted key, which was recognised successfully in a macro as you predicted.

Re. Keymoves
3. Much more useful now they can be tracked with RMIR.
Before, the other ways of limiting global effects of a macro were to use one or both activity modes if feasible, or to learn a command on the same button for some devices, but now Keymoves do it more transparently.

Last edited by tranx on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:48 am; edited 3 times in total
jasmart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good re the feedback being useful.

Alpha 24b resolved the issues. It now detects the remote and allows a download, upload and restore of a saved rmir file. Great work

I'm really impressed with the speed of the resolution. I work in IT and wish I could get a turn around like this on fixes on the professional side! Wink

thanks again
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With v2.03 alpha 24c and OFA6440, commands on shifted keys not seem to work when keymoved, but is this to be expected please? (it's hard to think of a need for this because the function could be keymoved instead, which does work)

e.g. 'source' command is Kemoved (last in the list on RMIR keymove tab) to TV button3 from TV's shift-menu key, but does not work, even when 3 is pressed twice. (if keymoved to a non-numeric button, still doesn't work)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12675
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
With v2.03 alpha 24c and OFA6440, commands on shifted keys not seem to work when keymoved, but is this to be expected please?

Yes, it is to be expected. Each device type has a list of what are regarded as "standard" buttons for that type. This is built in to the remote, and is recorded in the RDF in the [ButtonMaps] section. There may be shifted keys that are standard, and non-shifted ones that are not standard, so it is not precisely a question of whether or not the key is shifted.

RMIR allows you to put functions also on non-standard buttons, but it does this by creating a keymove. If you look in the Keymoves tab, these system-created keymoves are shown with a gray background. You will see the keymove for TV/Shift-Menu there. You cannot "chain" keymoves, so when you create your own key-style keymove to make TV/3 act as TV/Shift-Menu, it would send the function allocated to TV/Shift-Menu if there was one, which there isn't, rather than performing the keymove assigned to that key.

Hope this makes sense. It means that there is nothing wrong with either RMIR or the remote, the behaviour is entirely to be expected.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Before, the other ways of limiting global effects of a macro were to use one or both activity modes if feasible, or to learn a command on the same button for some devices, but now Keymoves do it more transparently.

I have just discovered that there is an even better way to limit the global effects of a macro. It supports device-specific macros (DSMs) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. I've no idea whether or not it does so through a 9xx command, but it certainly does with RMIR. To use this facility, all you need do is open the RDF with a text editor and add the new section

Code:
[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0

after the [General] section, separated from it and the following section by a blank line.

This will make the Special Protocols tab visible in RMIR. If you click the New button on this tab, a dialog will open. In the drop-down Type box there will be only one choice, DSM. The rest of the dialog looks very much like that for creating an ordinary macro, except that you can now specify both the Device and the Key in the "Bound Key" section.

Please give it a try and confirm that it works for you, too. If it does, I will add this to the posted RDF.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
..I have just discovered that there is an even better way to limit the global effects of a macro. It supports device-specific macros (DSMs) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. I've no idea whether or not it does so through a 9xx command

Unfortunately not through 9xx commands, so this is indeed a major bonus Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
...with RMIR. To use this facility, all you need do is open the RDF with a text editor and add the new section

Code:
[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0

after the [General] section, separated from it and the following section by a blank line...Please give it a try and confirm that it works for you, too. If it does, I will add this to the posted RDF.

Yes it works, both in RMIR and on the remote itself with test DSMs applied to buttons. However in the Special Functions tab, with a DSM highlighted, the 'edit' and 'clone' buttons don't seem to do anything
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
However in the Special Functions tab, with a DSM highlighted, the 'edit' and 'clone' buttons don't seem to do anything

Sorry about that. Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24d. That should fix the problem.

Edit: This will not have been working properly on any JP1.4 or later remote, but has gone un-noticed as I think the only one to support any special protocol has so far been the extender for the Atlas 1056B03.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
tranx wrote:
However in the Special Functions tab, with a DSM highlighted, the 'edit' and 'clone' buttons don't seem to do anything

Sorry about that. Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24d. That should fix the problem.

Fixed!
Many thanks for DSMs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mathdon wrote:
Edit: This will not have been working properly on any JP1.4 or later remote, but has gone un-noticed as I think the only one to support any special protocol has so far been the extender for the Atlas 1056B03.

tranx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: error file Reply with quote

Mathdon, my reason for posting all this is that I have only just noticed on desktop the following error file which refers to RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24d, although I don't know when it was generated.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12677

Some of the things I had been doing were setting up 6440 with alpha 24d and starting to do the same with OARUSB04G. I think I had used the same example of OAR remote before but had forgotten what configuration had been made on it, if any.

Sorry to be so vague but at some stage some errors appeared, which I cannot remember and did not understand, (possibly something about a mismatch of something which had 2 instead 3 characteristics) although I think it was while I was downoading from the OAR remote to RMIR. Two or three popups about errors appeared but I closed each one in turn until the download finished and think it contained a long list of CBL upgrades but just one CBL device and many learns, all of which I then deleted.

I had converted the working upgrades for 6440 to specify OARUSB04G instead, and then loaded them into RMIR, (which was still open after download from the physical OAR remote as above). I saved the resulting .rdf and closed RMIR but had noticed that no Special Functions tab was shown (for DSMs). I then modified the .rdf for OARUSB04G as you had advised for 6440.

When the image was opened again the Special Functions tab appeared and at first glance everything else in the OAR image looks fine, and the OAR remote seems to work ok with the rdf loaded, except for the macros and keymoves which I have not yet entered, but thought I ought at least to post the error file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure this error file was generated when you were first setting up Alpha 24d. I can cause it myself by setting RMIR up afresh, so that you are asked to choose the directories holding the map and rdf files and doing Cancel.

In investigating this, I discovered that when you do choose these directories and RMIR opens correctly, it doesn't exit properly. A symptom of this is that although you have closed RMIR down, if you try to open rmaster.err then you are told that you can't as an application is still using it. I've spent quite a long time trying to find what is causing this, but without success.

I don't think either of these two issues are of great significance, as they only concern the initial setting up of RMIR, but nevertheless I would like to know what is causing them, so if any other developer has ideas, please let me know.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: