JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22d which should have fixed this problem.

Hello Graham,
I tried RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22e. It is downloading perfectly. I even succeeded to change the activities.
Many thanks for your quick reactivity and keep on with this great work.
Charles
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted a full installation package for RMIR v2.03 Alpha 23 in the Tools/Main file section. I have also revised the necessary RDFs, maps and images for JP1.4, JP2.x, JP3 and XSight remotes that are posted separately in the Tools/RDF Files section (and have remembered to include the XSight remotes this time Embarassed ). I have also updated these RDFs in the SourceForge repository.

Edit: The package also includes a revised version of jp12serial v0.20, now compiled for all of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is still numbered v0.20, however, as the changes are minor.

Alpha 23 supports an additional RDF entry for segmented remotes. The segment structure for these remotes supports punchthrough separately for the Volume, Transport and Channel button groups. Not all such remotes support all three groups but the General tab of RMIR has shown columns for each group even when the remote does not support them all. This can now be controlled by an entry of the form

Code:
PunchThru=VC

(note the US spelling Smile ) in the RDF [General] section. This would make only the Volume and Channel columns show. Naturally T is used for the Transport group (the order of the letters is irrelevant). If the entry is omitted, all three columns are shown. The RDF Specification document in the package has been updated with this new feature.

It appears from the testing of my own remotes that JP1.4 remotes support all three groups, JP2 remotes support only Volume and Channel, and JP3 and XSight remotes only Volume. It is only XSight Lite/Plus and clones that are referred to here, as the Color and Touch ones have a different internal structure. I have added entries in the RDFs in accordance with this assumption. Please feel free to change them if I am wrong for some remotes.

I have also amended the RDF for the URC-7962 to prevent macros being put on the Power button. Investigation showed that the issue reported here appeared to stem from a macro put on this button that, when used, corrupted the firmware of the remote. The identical macro put on any other button behaved as intended. Adding the button restriction for this purpose showed that there was a long-standing bug in RMIR that prevented restrictions on macro bound buttons from working correctly. This is now fixed in Alpha 23.

To me, however, the biggest new feature in Alpha 23 is that I have finally got rid of endless downloading Very Happy when RMIR cannot interpret something in the remote. In such situations, RMIR will now display the following error message:

I hope no-one ever sees this message for real, but the recent spate of endless downloads reported in this thread suggests that is probably wishful thinking Rolling Eyes . I've posted this image so that if any user posts a raw download as a result of this message and I fail to see it, other experts will know what prompted it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted a full installation package for RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24. This is the first version to support the latest remotes that have UEI support through the simpleset.com website. For this reason the announcement is in a separate thread. I suggest that comments, bugs etc. related to XSight continue to be posted in this thread and those related to Simpleset remotes in the new thread.
eXim82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 Solution! Reply with quote

Hi all

Yesterday i found a solution to make my Xsight Plus working on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Windows 8 maybe works too) with RMIR and the official webapp on http://ez-rc.com . I used a Soltution for another problem i had. My PS3 Controller wasnt able to charge on Windows 8/8.1 and used the following soltution to makes it working. So i adapted the same solution on my Xsight Plus and it worked! Dont forget to install the conduit software, the drivers for the Xsight. Maybe you have to change the connection mode in RMIR to JP1 USB manually...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/11/08/help-after-installing-windows-8-1-my-usb-device-doesn-t-charge-or-it-disconnects-and-reconnects-frequently.aspx

Enjoy!

Greetings from Switzerland
Stevest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. It works on my Windows 8.1. Now, I don't have to use my old laptop to program the remote. Very Happy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find. That worked beautifully. I've updated the first post of the this thread with this new information plus a shortcut for US Xsight users with the registry key to change without going through a lot of detective work. Just download the reg files linked there and double click the one for your model to apply the fix.
foggy69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work mathdon and eXim82 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys probably are aware - but geez - now <$30 shipped on eBay for an Xsight Touch:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=arrx18g+-battery
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note that I did some re-work on both of my setups last weekend with the latest version - no problems at all!

I assume the minimum 0.1 secs is hard-coded - but no one has found a way to make faster macros?

xnappo
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
I assume the minimum 0.1 secs is hard-coded

It appears to be. The delay is set in tenths of a second and a value of 0 appears to be invalid.
TooMuchTV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good Night activity goes to the Home screen when it is finished. I've tried to get the activity to go to the Activities screen instead but it will not work.

My goal is for a system off macro assigned to the power button to go to the activities screen when done, but it seems that the reference to the home button is the only one that works.
Feuerbard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latest alpha - all work ok on Xsight Color (id 8002) on Windows 8.1 with registry path from first post (manually edited for 8002 remote )
jsmithee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

To me, however, the biggest new feature in Alpha 23 is that I have finally got rid of endless downloading Very Happy when RMIR cannot interpret something in the remote. In such situations, RMIR will now display the following error message:

I hope no-one ever sees this message for real, but the recent spate of endless downloads reported in this thread suggests that is probably wishful thinking Rolling Eyes . I've posted this image so that if any user posts a raw download as a result of this message and I fail to see it, other experts will know what prompted it.

Hi mathdon, I posted a dump from a xsight plus remote where I get this message after adding a tvonics pvr with the software. The remote operates the device perfectly though. HTH.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, jsmithee. Thanks for letting me know of this issue. Please post a link to your dump, as I can't find it.
blackssr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Xsight ARR18G and RM-IR Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am actually doing very well with this remote (ARRX18G) and RF extender. I used the web site to set 8 activities and all are working perfectly. It is a nice alternative to the Harmony 900. I can not figure out how to rearrange the soft buttons for each device or activity. Maybe once I figure out how to use RMIR I can accomplish this? Is it even possible with either the web or RMIR to rearrange soft buttons?

I have been getting an error message when i download remote into RMIR. "Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID=01 11. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 3/1, for specified variant it is 2/1."

Win 7 64 bit SP1
IE 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 15 of 45

Jump to: