JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for upgrade/codes for Soniq T201 STB/PVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Looking for upgrade/codes for Soniq T201 STB/PVR Reply with quote

1. Device: Soniq T201
2. Type of device: Digital HD STB with PVR function
3. Year: 2011 (?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811/8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes (the only Soniq upgrade from there doesn't work on this device)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes (no Soniq devices listed)
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but only found protocols for Soniq TVs there.

Soniq is a brand which operates mainly in Australia.
The device in subj was/is sold mainly through JB HiFi.
As I mentioned, the Soniq QMD502H upgrade from the file section did not work on the T201.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
-------

Also, if anyone here from Australia owns this device and have a JP1 learning remote, maybe they can learn one or two codes and post them here, and I will figure out the rest.

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for upgrade/codes for Soniq T201 STB/PVR Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:

11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but only found protocols for Soniq TVs there.

Go back and check that again.

There is a Soniq Sat upgrade Cable/1576 that appears to be a PVR. That setup code uses Nec1 Device 0. Give that a shot and see if you get any response. Companies that use Nec1 Dev 0, often use that on numerous boxes, although the functions often a different.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
I think 1576 should actually be 1567. 1576 is GI cable.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad Embarassed

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, nice to "see" you both again.

I have seen and tried Protocol=NEC1 and Device1=0 - didn't work.

Can you please refresh my memory (haven't touched JP1 stuff for a while) as to what meaning/significance the number 1567 has in this case.

When I try to setup the CABLE button to this code in my URC8910, it says "Invalid Code".
When I manually program the NEC1/Dev=0 in Remote Master, I can't see where I should set this 1567 code. I just set the Setup Code in the Setup tab to this number, and select Cable in the Device Type dropdown box.

Doesn't work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Lookup Tool tells us that your remote doesn't have 1567 built in. But you can use the EFCs listed in the Lookup Tool under Cable 1567 to make a candidate upgrade and then upload that to your remote.

It actually doesn't matter what setup code you assign to an upgrade. UEI tries to use the same setup codes for a given set of IR signals, but you don't need to.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Yes, the Lookup Tool tells us that your remote doesn't have 1567 built in. But you can use the EFCs listed in the Lookup Tool under Cable 1567 to make a candidate upgrade and then upload that to your remote.
Yep. Exactly what I did - no joy.

Also, the device itself is in such state that it will accept only very few remote commands. It is in the initial setup mode, so it will respond only to either POWER or UP/DOWN or OK/ENTER.
Makes it easy to miss the code if we guessed the protocol right, but the button codes are wrong...

Unfortunately, there are only POWER, CH+, CH- buttons on the box itself, so there's no way for me to get past that initial setup menu without the correct remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this one a try
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12610

digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Give this one a try
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12610
Vickypedia! :-)

Your upgrade works beautifully, Vicky.
Major functions all seem to be in their places, although I haven't tried each and every feature.

Another increment of the successful help number. Efficient as always. Thanks a lot to everyone. Personally - to Vicky and 3FG. I love this forum.

See you at next device... :-)))
:-DS
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
It is always nice to help people that provide prompt feedback!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: