JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the very quick support. It works now.
If I find another bug, I will post it as soon as possible.
feelfree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Hi, feelfree

Please do a raw download as follows. Connect the remote, open RMIR, open the "Remote" menu and click on "Raw download". In the window that opens, click the "Download" button and when the download finishes, click "Save". Accept the default filename, which I expect to be "8008.ir". Post the file for me to look at.

Thanks for your support! Raw file is here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12559

(Maybe the last device, an unsupported(?) DAB Radio is the root-cause? I tried to learn all signals from the original remote, but only a few buttons do work).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feelfree, please replace the RemoteMaster.jar in the installation folder with this one, v2.03 Alpha 22b. This should fix your problems.

This has been very helpful, feelfree, as I have found four bugs. The main one preventing downloading from finishing was that the power macro for the Good Night activity (sorry, I'm translating your German Sad ) had a button press in it (DAB/Soft7) that didn't have a function assigned. I've not come across this before, and am not sure how it got created. The second one arose as you have a device, "BD/DVD", with a "/" in the name. The storage format for .rmir files uses "/" as a separator in some contexts and I had not accounted for the possibility of one appearing also in a device name. The third concerned something in one of your Activities that I had not allowed for, and the last was just something I spotted that was not to do with your setup. But all in all, you have helped me sort out more bugs than I hoped were still present Very Happy .

To everyone, you may like to update to this version as it fixes four bugs, though I think (but am not absolutely certain) that they only affect the XSight Lite and similar remotes. I will update the main package when I get back, but am away from now till Monday.
Stevest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor interface bug:

an activity's name on the activity's tab label changes in a special case.

How to reproduce the bug:

1. You have to have two activities at least.
2. Choose an activity by its tab.
3. Double click in the name cell (like renaming)
4. Click another activity's tab label (like changing activity).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the jar file for RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22c, which replaces the RemoteMaster.jar file in the installation folder for Alpha 22.

Istvan, this fixes your latest bug. It also fixes a bug affecting non-XSight JP2/3 remotes that was unfortunately introduced by one of my other recent bugfixes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Great work. I have one request. Since these big Xsight files take a while to save, could you possibly show some sort status like Saving and Saved, like you do with upload and download? Maybe doing the same for loading would be useful too. Sometimes if I don't wait long enough, I'll close RMIR too soon and end up with a partially complete file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Great work. I have one request. Since these big Xsight files take a while to save, could you possibly show some sort status like Saving and Saved, like you do with upload and download? Maybe doing the same for loading would be useful too. Sometimes if I don't wait long enough, I'll close RMIR too soon and end up with a partially complete file.

I've done the same myself, so I understand completely. I'll look into it, and while doing so, I'll also look at changing the "Downloading..." message when it switches from actually downloading to interpreting the download, as there have been quite a lot of bugs that made the interpreting phase fail while the download phase itself has completed. These are not trivial changes, however, so I give no guarantees.
cki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Hi, feelfree

Endless downloading means that there is some situation in your remote that RMIR cannot interpret. There can be a lot of special cases that need to be handled. I had hoped that I had by now found them all, but am not surprised that you have located another one.

Hello,
first of all: thank you very much for this great work.
I also have an endless download problem. I uploaded the ir8008 file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12593
There is a small typo in USB8008 (URC-8610 XSight Lite).rdf. I think in line 14 it should be ImageMap=XsightLite.map with lowercase "s". After that the map file is also found in Linux.
Thanks for your help.
foggy69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently bought a Nevo C2 remote, which as far as I am aware is a re-badged Xsight Colour remote.

Having read through this informative thread I found the PID number for the remote which is 8006 and amended the Xsight Colour RDF and map files from Alpha 22 test 13 to get the remote to work.

I then used a very old Windows XP laptop which I had to use to program the remote on the EZ-RC website to run RMIR. Using 2.03 Alpha22, when I tried to create a new file I got 'RMIR cannot create a new remote image for this remote'. This didn't matter too much as I could download the image from the remote. Once the image was downloaded and saved though, I could not re-open the file with RMIR.

I then tried using my Windows 7 64bit desktop machine and set-up RMIR with the 2.03 Alpha 22 and the RDF and map files from the XP machine. With this machine, I get the continuous downloading and although some of the image appears to download I can't save it. I have tried the two RemoteMaster.jar files that have been posted recently with no luck.

I would love to get this working properly under Windows 7 so I can permanently retire the XP laptop.
Cheers
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foggy69, please post a raw download of your remote. To get this, connect the remote, open RMIR and under the "Remote" menu, select "Raw Download". On the panel that then opens, do "Download", and when it has finished, do "Save". The default filename will be 8006.ir, which is OK. Post this file for me to look at.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cki wrote:
I also have an endless download problem. I uploaded the ir8008 file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12593

Thanks, cki for finding this one Very Happy . This was another issue concerning devices composed entirely of learned signals. You had a function of this device in an Activity Assist, something that I had not allowed for.

Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22d which should have fixed this problem.

Quote:
There is a small typo in USB8008 (URC-8610 XSight Lite).rdf. I think in line 14 it should be ImageMap=XsightLite.map with lowercase "s". After that the map file is also found in Linux.

I see that it is not the only case-sensitive problem with XSight files. I will fix them later, as you know what to do for your own case. Thanks for pointing it out.
foggy69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham

The RAW file is here, plus the rmaster.err and a complete file downloaded from the remote if needed.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12594

Cheers
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, foggy69. Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22e.

The issue causing the download to fail was an inconsistency in your setup data. There were cross-references to data items that did not exist. In particular, it looks as if you had set up the Channel Up and Down buttons on the Blu-Ray device to send TV Volume Up and Down, but due to missing data items it did not work. I was able to load your raw download into my XSight Touch and check this - those buttons sent no signal. I have now set RMIR to skip such inconsistent data.

There was also a real bug in RMIR concerning the loading of a .rmir file for XSight remotes that your setup brought to light, and that is fixed, too.

This version also largely meets mdavej's request for a running progress bar during saving and loading of files. I want to see if I can improve on this, however. I think it may be possible to give a message when a download "locks up", instead of leaving an endless "Downloading..." status. No more time at the moment, so that will have to wait for later.

Foggy69, was the setup you posted created solely with the remote and EZ-RC, or could some corruption have occurred in your earlier testing with RMIR? I am curious as to how the cross-references to missing data can have arisen. Do please check what RMIR shows for your remote, to see that it is correct, and if you do an upload then also check that everything still works as it should. Your setup is quite complex and so is a good testing ground for RMIR. As far as I can tell, everything is now working, but testing here is no substitute for real use. Please report any problems you find.
foggy69

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon

Your update works a treat, thank you for your work and I am glad that the data I provided was helpful for you Very Happy

The remote was set-up using EZ-RC. I had tried downloading and uploading to the remote via RMIR a number of times, but it was very buggy and I had reset it via EZ-RC a number of times. Some settings on EZ-RC appeared to have changed slightly despite saying that I didn't want to upload anything from the remote, but I didn't notice any problem with the bluray set-up. Some corruption might have happened then.

I loaded the rmir that I had originally created and the buttons that you mentioned seem to be mapped correctly but I got the following error
when I try to upload it to the remote so I expect the file is corrupted.
'Upload verify failed: read back 253 bytes, but expected 524288'

I have factory reset the remote, checked the set-up on EZ-RC and downloaded it, saved it to RMIR. On RMIR, I have thoroughly checked all the macros, favourites, buttons and devices and after making a couple of little changes to the set-up, uploaded them back to the remote. Everything works as expected.

As a Philips Pronto user of many years, this set-up for the Nevo was quite simple. Now it is possible to make backups, it is time to unleash the activities and macros fully Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
...This version also largely meets mdavej's request for a running progress bar during saving and loading of files...
Looks good to me. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 14 of 45

Jump to: