JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete's for Samsung DVD/VCR Combo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Discrete's for Samsung DVD/VCR Combo? Reply with quote

Has anyone mapped one of these things? Mine should be here tomorrow and before I go out and search all of the codes I was hoping that someone would have already done the hard work....

Specifically, I have a DVD-V3800 and am looking for:

discrete on/off
discrete output selection (DVD,VCR, Flash memory slot)

if there are no discretes, are there any tricks with Samsung players to do the same thing (like on my Philips DVD, play-play turned the machine on)

Thanks in advance....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get it, learn a few buttons to see what protocol, device code, etc it uses, that will often clue one of the experts (usually Jon A) into what set of codes it matches and whether discretes are available.

As for the workarounds, you can figure that out pretty quickly on your own. In other words, when the unit is off, try pressing PLAY and see if it turns on.

Btw, I just noticed that you're from Rochester, NY so say "hi" to the Frantic Flattops for me.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have all of the buttons learned tonight but the basics are:

Protocol: NECx2
device: 5
sub-dev: 5

It appears that all of the buttons have the same codes attached to them for control of the VCR or the DVD (unlike the silly bolted-together experience I found on my Philips combo)

haven't started to look to find unused codes to see if there are discrete's in there. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find the various models of Samsung DVD/VCR combos use pretty much the same commands.

You can find some of them here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/

I looked at the DVD-V7070 one. If you decide to base on that, you ought to change the protocol to "NECx2" and delete the Parm override (for clarity). If you select any of the basic NEC forms and override the Parm value to 31 (as that update does) the result is NECx2, but it's clearer to directly select NECx2.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 setup codes that match that profile, those are: 0432, 0643, 0715 and 0820. The 0432 and 0715 codes are both in your 15-2117, and the 0432 and 0643 codes are in your RCU810 (offset by 17 they'll appear as 0449 and 0660).

There's one Samsung DVD file in the file section that also uses the same protocol and device codes as yours, so it might be useful as a starting point for your own upgrade, but it doesn't have any discretes listed, and if memory serves, Samsung is known to be a TOAD:Samsung DVD-V7070.txt
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the related devices in CCF files for any commands missing from that upgrade. I don't know whether your model would have these commands, and function names from CCF files may be unclear (I don't know what most of them mean) but they may be worth trying:

244 Memory
248 Clear/Reset
149 videoplus
153 Clock
152 Pre Selection
042 Mute
101 Picture
103 Up
228 OK
234 Decodeur
139 Left
138 Right
008 ??
006 ??
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

There's one Samsung DVD file in the file section that also uses the same protocol and device codes as yours, so it might be useful as a starting point for your own upgrade, but it doesn't have any discretes listed, and if memory serves, Samsung is known to be a TOAD:Samsung DVD-V7070.txt

As the author of that upgrade, and if I recall correctly (I don't use this unit. It's in the kids' system in the basement, where I fear to tread! Shocked ) I believe that the "VCR select" and "DVD select" functions are BOTH discrete "On" functions, and then you can use the "Power" toggle as an "Off" in a macro following one of those.

(Weasel words follow) I may be "misremembering", but I think that's correct.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go, trying to weasel out of things again!!! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: