JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New user and some questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugeman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: New user and some questions Reply with quote

I have been reading about JP1 for 2 weeks now Shocked . I built my own Cable and used it to save my functions with IR that I had programmed into my new URC 8911. I then kept reading how to use IR and KM and was trying a few small things like volume punch through. I uploaded someones settings for a Hitachi TV and finally got my select (enter) key working properly while in TV menu. So as it stands The URC 8911 is great and I am happy.
Now I would like to be able to create a button (key stroke?) to do a mulitple function.
Turn on the DVD, Switch TV video input three to component video one, and turn the Pioneer amp from TV/Sat to DVD/LD. This would be to simplify the turning on and watching of DVD's. I would then like to turn it back with another button (key stroke).
Is this possible Question
I use the Pioneer amp for all my audio
Panasonic DVD-S35
URC 8911
rickety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are describing is referred to as a "macro". Provided that you know the codes to do each step that you want, you can build a macro within IR, define what key you want it on, and enter the steps.

Your macro would need to:-

switch remote to your TV mode
select video 3
switch remote to your Pioneer AMP mode
select DVD input
switch remote to your DVD mode
turn on DVD

Now some of these steps might need more than one key in you setup, but I hope this helps understand the process. I showed the DVD "on" last so that the remote is left in DVD mode. Making sure the remote is left in DVD mode so that the remote can do chapter selections etc.
Hugeman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Macros Reply with quote

I thought it might be a macro but was unsure of how to do it in KM or IR? I have a Macro to turn on my components in order that I set up through the remote's setup. Doping it through KM or IR might be more difficult but I look forward to trying.
Thanks. Very Happy
Panasonic DVD-S35
URC 8911
rickety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'll find it difficult with IR. The advantage is that if (when) you make a mistake, as you've got the steps saved and it is easy to add and delete steps and re-upload, it takes about a minute to redo a macro. When you do it with the remote itself, if you made a mistake, you have to re-enter the macro from the beginning.

Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: