JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bin for Best Buy Viva HD (Easy Home)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you have totally lost me now. What on earth are you talking about with the buttons 1-4? You never mentioned them working before, which BIN file is that ?

And I have told you already you cannot mix different remotes.

And please stop sending one line posts, I am not psychic and I need ALL the information I can have. For example you STILL haven't told me which of the 2 BIN files you use?

And please answer my question about Custom 11 ?
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding buttons 1-4:

i was just asking if you can assign them so when i click on them it goes to the channel.for example if i click on 1 it goes to channel 1.I just thought u might have some codes to make it happen.

The only codes i have used is code 55 from the device dvr recording which when i press stop it makes the channel goes backwards.Now im using code 149 from satellite.The power works fine.The record button makes the channel goes up.for example from channel 2 to channel 3 and so on.

as for custom 11 im not sure where u got that from or what u refering to
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeorfao wrote:
as for custom 11 im not sure where u got that from or what u refering to
When I sent you the 2011 BIN files, I asked you to test EVERY single button on the remote including all 15 Custom buttons that you get when you right-click on the image and tell me what happened.

You replied that NONE of the buttons had any effect. But when you selected Custom 11 it should have triggered the TV guide. So I don't understand what you have done.

And you obviously don't understand how these IR codes work so let me explain. When you transmit a code, you are sending 3 pieces of information using a specific IR Protocol. Tese are the device code, the sub-device code and the button code.

Now there are dozens of different IR Protocols. When I installed the Easy Home Viva on my Harmony and analysed the signal it told me that it uses the NEC1 protocol, which is pretty standard. It also told me the device number was 1 and the sub-device number was zero. And it told me what the button codes where for all your buttons.

Unfortunately you told me that only about 6 of those button codes had any effect on your receiver. I find this odd as the installation on the Harmony went very well and the signals were well-defined. So all we can do now is try all the remaining numbers to find the functions.

We have now tried the first 70 codes and we have found nothing, although you worry me with the Custom 11 question as you don't appear to be testing it properly.

Now, the Slingbox can only be set up using a specific IR protocol and device and sub-device numbers so it is not possible to combine 2 different remotes that use different protocols and/or device numbers, so your satellite suggestion doesn't help.

My concern is that an IR burst is simply a stream of '0's and '1's and that your Code 55 is simply a coincidence that a few buttons mimic the real one.

Once you have convinced me you are testing the Custom buttons I can produce the next batch of codes to test
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i think im getting a hang of this.
i have gone thru every button especially the customs.bunch of them had no functions.others did but those functions doesnt interest me.from the ones that interest me are as follows:

custom 28-channel down
green button-channel up
blue button-goes to channel 2
white button-goes to channel 3

now we just have to find two more codes.one that makes it go to channel 1 and one that makes it go to channel 4.

please send me more test codes
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeorfao wrote:
ok i think im getting a hang of this. i have gone thru every button especially the customs.bunch of them had no functions.others did but those functions doesnt interest me.
But they will interest other people so please keep reporting on ALL functions not just the ones you want.

mikeorfao wrote:
please send me more test codes
OK, http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12410 now has the next set of codes (70-130) as C2012. Again you aren't telling me which BIN file you are using, even though I keep asking, so I have included both PL & RV.
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey

i cannot open that link.It says:

Sorry, but you cannot edit files in this category.

As for the bin,you probably forgot but i mentioned several times that the rv bin keeps saying error and that it wont work with my slingbox.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeorfao wrote:
hey

i cannot open that link.It says:

Sorry, but you cannot edit files in this category.

I fixed the link above, and here it is again
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12410

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeorfao wrote:
As for the bin,you probably forgot but i mentioned several times that the rv bin keeps saying error and that it wont work with my slingbox.
OK, sorry about that. Although in my defence you only mentioned it once and that was in the other thread from this one. The other times you called it the 'second' file, and I had absolutely no idea which one you meant.

Not sure what was wrong with the link as it works for me, hopefully Vicky has fixed whatever the problem was.
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link worked ok now.

Based on the c2012 bin the follow commands is what i was looking for:

Digit 2-goes to channel 4
Digit 3-goes to channel 1

Based on the c2011:
blue button-goes to channel 2
white button-goes to channel 3
custom 28-channel down
green button-channel up

For me please please make a final bin with those functions in the proper place.For example,the code from blue button put it on digit 2,the white button code put it on digit 3 and so on.

like i said im not concerned about the other functions.As long as the power and digits 1-4 work im happy.I just wanna be able to when i click on digit 1 it goes to channel 1 and so on.

The channel up please put it on cursor up and channel down please put it on cursor down.The reason for this is that wd live tv remote doesnt have channel up/down buttons and does have cursor up/down.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for the first time in the 3 years I have been helping people on this forum I am absolutely speechless. I don't think I have ever read such a selfish and arrogant statement. Do you seriously think I have spent hours working on this problem just to provide a special remote exclusively for you ?

This forum is for ALL Slingbox users and the whole idea is we all work as a team to produce fully working Custom Remotes for EVERYONE who is unlucky enough to find themselves with a device that is not supported by Sling Media.

I'm not going to say anything else at this stage as I am so angry with you I will probably say something I will regret later, so I am going to sleep on it and decide how to proceed in the morning.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've calmed down now after a good nights sleep. And thanks for the PM you sent where at long last you did as I asked and tested it properly, finding 14 functions in C2011 and 12 functions in C2012.

There are still quite a few functions missing, but you gave me enough so that I could match it with another Custom Remote I had built that obviously uses the same internal hardware. And that included all the missing codes as per Vicky's breakdown of the remote buttons.

So that is uploaded at : http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12410

Once you confirm it works I will distribute it for other potential users of this device.

It's been a long road...........
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan,

thanks for replying back.Im truly sorry for any headaches i have cause u.
I thought it would be something simple and once i started to figure out how it works i realized that it fustrating in time consuming.

i thought it would just be as simple as you getting the codes from logitech and already knowing its functions and then make a bin.I realized now that with those codes you are blind to their functions,so thats y u asked me to tell you their functions.

Thanks for making the bin and im gonna test it now.Let you know soon
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi alan

i have tested the new bin and safe to say that everything works wonderful.
You can now make it for distribution.

i clicked on evey button and it does what is supposed to do.I noticed that zoom function,teletext window they are in the colour buttons and they are fine there.

Thank you so much for the bin!!!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad it's all sorted
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks once again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: