JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code search: PVR Prima PVRHD1TB (from Myer)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Code search: PVR Prima PVRHD1TB (from Myer) Reply with quote

G'day...

1. Device: Prima PVRHD1TB
2. Type of device: HD Personal Video recorder (1TB HDD)
3. Year: 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811/8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Note1: This device was sold by Myer stores (formerly Grace Bros) in Australia in 2010-2011. One of those re-branded China-made devices.
There are some reasons to believe that it is very similar to Telefunken TEL002 PVR, but this is not 100%.

Note2: Both Prima and Prima Electronics are listed in the lookup tool, and the LUT search brings up some protocols/codes for TVs and DVDs by Prima. Obviously intending to try those, just wondering if there are any other suggestions before I go and do that.

I guess, if there is someone here from Oz who owns(ed) this device and can work out protocol/codes, that'd be a quickest way.
Also, I am prepared to travel anywhere to Sydney metro area with my learning remote if you have an original remote for the subj and could let me to learn the main codes (would take literally 5 min).

Thanks,
:-DS
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed this device onto my Harmony Remote and pulled of the codes. The RMDU file is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12397

Any good ?
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is. Thanks a lot Alan.

I haven't checked all buttons, but the functions I tested so far (~70%) work fine - meaning I should be good from now.

Thanks heaps again for your quick and efficient help. As usual.

The upgrade can be posted to the file section, I guess.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'll post it up. Thanks for the quick feedback
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question Alan, if I may:

When you say "installed on my Harmony remote" - where did you install it from? What is the source of that config? Are you sure that all the buttons of the original remote are present in that Harmony config?

The reason I am asking is that I don't have a User Manual for the device (can't Google it out either), and now (with the Upgrade you posted) can not find the way of playing back the recorded files, which made me think that maybe few buttons (like "Playback menu") are missing from that upgrade.
I can not tell as I don't know what exactly the buttons are on the original remote.

Thanks again.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harmony remote uses the Logitech database to download the IR codes and then 'mimic' the original remote. But that database is produced by users uploading the values so it is quite possible a function is missing.

I've checked again and the only unction I didn't bother mapping was 'Teletext'. I guess you are looking for a function called 'PVR', 'List', 'Library'.... ?

However, seeing your comment in your OP that the Telefunken box might be similar so I tried that one. And you are right, all the codes are identical, but the good news is that there are about 12 additional functions defined, including 'Program', 'Media' & 'Device', so hopefully one of those is what you need.

I've loaded it at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12407 so please install that and check all the Custom Buttons and let me know which, if any, have an effect on your box so I can put them into the original remote.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Alan, I can not install it because I don't have Slingbox, and the ZIP file only contains two 65-byte long binary files (apart from readme).
This goes beyond my JP1 expertise - I only have 8811's and 8910's remote controls, and I don't know what to do with those BIN files you posted.

If you could somehow convert those into RMDU file as you did for Prima PVRHD1TB, that'd be great.

Or if I am missing your point all together, please guide me through, thanks.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my fault. I normally work in the Slingbox area building Custom Remotes so I built it from force of habit Very Happy

URL now has the RMDU file

Al
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan, that's much better.

Those extra few buttons in this upgrade allow me now to navigate and manage the recordings.
Below is their function descriptions:

PROGRAM - menu to program the automatic timer recording

MEDIA - menu to access/manage/copy the recordings, media selection, file manager, etc.

DEVICE - set devices (i.e. internal HDD or external USB device) for recording and for timeshift.

GOTO - during playback: Go to specified time.

AUDIO - select/change the audio track (if multiple audio tracks are available)

TV/VIDEO - (function name's a bit misleading) - selects the output video mode (i.e. 1080i@50Hz, 576p@60Hz etc.). May not work during playback.

The rest of the button names is self-explanatory.

It looks like I am still missing one or two non-critical button, but I should be able to figure them out from the unused EFC codes.

Thanks again, and I suppose this upgrade can now be posted for both Telefunken TL002 and Prima PVRHD1TB digital STBs.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Yes, I'll upgrade the Prima and post theTelefunken
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: