JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IrScrutinizer 1.0.0 + included IRWidget sketch: baud rate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEC1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: IrScrutinizer 1.0.0 + included IRWidget sketch: baud rate Reply with quote

When I use a serial monitor set to the baud rate to correspond with #define ARDUINO_SERIAL_BAUDRATE 115200 in the IRWidget sketch bundled with IrScrutinizer 1.0.0, I get meaningful output when output from an infrared diode+amplifier is received with a carrier frequency from a remote, but when I use it with IrScrutinizer, the data is meaningless.

How can I adjust the baud rate to 115200 (best option for fastest response) in IrScrutinizer to correspond with the IRWidget, or do I have to change the baud rate to a particular setting?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, the baud rate is hard compiled in, and set to 9600. Embarassed You will have to change the code, to be exact package HarcHardware, class Arduino. Actually, if you are seriously interested in the topic, I would recommend to have a look at that code anyhow. It is not that hard to understand and modify. After all, this is what free software is about. Wink

On request, I can compile a version with (e.g.) 115200 and upload to the diagnostic area.

Of course, this will be fixed in the next release.
NEC1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite changing the baud rate of the aforesaid Arduino sketch to 9600, I am still having problems using it with IrScrutinizer.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not an problem report that helps us helping you.

The Arduino and its serial interface can be finicky at times, I regularly connect and disconnect it on my Uno. Also the RXTX-library does not enjoy my complete confidence...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: