JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few good questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tshephard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: A few good questions... Reply with quote

Hey - slogging through, reading a lot, I can .wav my 2138 for my PE BDP23-FD (hurray!) (I've ordered some 9960/9964s so some questions are about those.) In looking and learning, I still have a few ?'s

1 Most everything seems to have 2 'Enter' s now - 1 for the cursor and 1 for the number pad. Are these rarely/often/never the same? (I ask because a really comprehensive file (BDP-320) shows 1 Enter, and I know the OE remote has 2 physical buttons with the same label.) Is there a common nomenclature - perhaps 'OK' for the cursor rather than Enter?

2 For the URC-9960 RDF, the keypad is listed twice - once as 1-0, and then once as Input 0-1 (for Audio). Is this right (like an OE 'shifted' keypad) (I suspect it is) and is this a unique, 9960 solution?

3 Can updates be stacked? How - many updates in a single .wav, or multiple .wavs one after the other?

THX for playing along!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Most remotes use OK or Select to indicate menu choices.
2) I don't understand the question.
3) A WAV file can contain multiple upgrades. Loading two WAV files in succession doesn't work: the second always overwrite the first.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2) A couple of the 9960 RDFs have a group of buttons tuner_1 through tuner_0 ($55-$5F). Not being familiar with the Kameleon, I have no idea what purpose those buttons serve, tuner input selection perhaps. I've never seen such a thing on other remotes.
tshephard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After working through 2 of these a bit more, I find the 0-9, Input 1-9 to be consistent and apparently particular to these remotes.

However, in every Remote Master file I go into that uses Input 0-9, they are reversed (I have to change the assigned functions from 0-9 to Input 0-9, and vice-versa.) While admitting my noobness, I suspect that some configuration file (RDF?) was constructed backwards for this particular pair of group of keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: