JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No stupid question but here is one stupid old man !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonydix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: No stupid question but here is one stupid old man !!! Reply with quote

I was trying to use an upgrade on my URC 7550 remote. I was puzzled because having opened the upgrade I couldnt find anywhere to send the upgrade from RMIR to the remote. I was playing with all the options and in advanced I saw fill memory with $ff. I was trying to leave this option but something must have touched my touch pad and low and behold the remote is filled with &ff. Ugh !!

I had made a backup of the remote contents before this disaster but now the remote wont talk to RMIR.

Is it now a paper weight or can I rescue it ?

I feel pretty dumb.

Thanks for any help
Tony
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7550 is a JP1 remote, and has an EEPROM. Filling the EEPROM with 0xFFs shouldn't brick it. However, at the least, you do need to do a 981 reset or even remove the batteries, wait for a while, and then replace. After the reset, or battery replacement, you're looking for a double blink, which tells you that the remote itself has successfully loaded a minimal image.
Then I think RMIR should work.
tonydix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The 7550 is a JP1 remote, and has an EEPROM. Filling the EEPROM with 0xFFs shouldn't brick it. However, at the least, you do need to do a 981 reset or even remove the batteries, wait for a while, and then replace. After the reset, or battery replacement, you're looking for a double blink, which tells you that the remote itself has successfully loaded a minimal image.
Then I think RMIR should work.

You are quite right. Batteries out for 6 hours, replaced and get 2 blinks. Reloaded old code and we are back working again. Many thanks
Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: