JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony RM-Y913 learning fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laudou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

I am trying to learn all the functions from a Sony RM-Y913 remote with a URC-8910. I can learn most keys except the three function keys which give me an error message: VCR/DVD, Sat/Cable, TV.
Is there a special way to acquire those codes?

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. What device does that remote control?
laudou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Sure. What device does that remote control?

Sorry. I should have given that info. It is a Sony KF50WE610 DLP TV. That set does not have HDMI inputs but two component video inputs marked DVD and TV/DBS. I am using the component video inputs.

Thanks
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The function keys don't generate an output, they put the remote into VCR/DVD mode, Cable/Sat mode or TV mode. It is a three device remote - like your 8910 is an 8 device remote.

You can program the Sony remote to control various brands of DVD players, Cable boxes, etc by entering codes after selecting the two functions other than TV. (You can't change that one)

Also if you have the necessary cable, there are upgrades in the file section for Sony TVs that can give you more remote control options than the OEM remote. (discrete functions)
laudou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
The function keys don't generate an output, they put the remote into VCR/DVD mode, Cable/Sat mode or TV mode. It is a three device remote - like your 8910 is an 8 device remote.

You can program the Sony remote to control various brands of DVD players, Cable boxes, etc by entering codes after selecting the two functions other than TV. (You can't change that one)

Also if you have the necessary cable, there are upgrades in the file section for Sony TVs that can give you more remote control options than the OEM remote. (discrete functions)

Thanks so much for your reply. I would like to be able to select the TV output from my URC-8910. Since the remote does not have any key showing the possible inputs besides the one marked TV/Video I was wondering how I could tell my One For All remote how to select the appropriate input. I looked over several Sony tv upgrades available in the file section and I realized that they were for tv sets with HDMI inputs which my tv set does not have. Would the TV/Video key select each of the available inputs at each push of the key?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of ways to get to the necessary information. One is to go to http://hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm to get the OBCs for nearly any Sony function.

The second (and more useful if the component under consideration isn't a Sony) is to use the JP1Master spreadsheet. This will help you find an appropriate upgrade. In this case you want an upgrade from a circa 2004 Sony TV so you're looking for file IDs (column A) in the 1000 range. Dates are in column T. I chose Sony KV-35V68 because it had 8910 in the title and it looks like it has everything you need.
laudou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
There are a couple of ways to get to the necessary information. One is to go to http://hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm to get the OBCs for nearly any Sony function.

The second (and more useful if the component under consideration isn't a Sony) is to use the JP1Master spreadsheet. This will help you find an appropriate upgrade. In this case you want an upgrade from a circa 2004 Sony TV so you're looking for file IDs (column A) in the 1000 range. Dates are in column T. I chose Sony KV-35V68 because it had 8910 in the title and it looks like it has everything you need.

Thanks again for all that info. It looks like I have work to do for a few hours. I believe that I will find what I am looking for thanks to you.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go to too much trouble, have you tried setup code TV 0000?
laudou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

To tell you the truth I have taken a look at the different files you suggested but I have not tried anything. I am saving that for tomorrow. But I intend to test the upgrade designed for the same remote I have. I will compare the OBC numbers of that file with those I learned from the original Sony remote. If they match I will simply use the upgrade you suggested. It should work fine.

Thanks again
laudou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Sony RM-Y913 learning fails Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Hi

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to program all four devices on a UC-8910 thanks to your help. All the desired functions are working fine.

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: