JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dune BD Prime rmdu not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Dune BD Prime rmdu not working Reply with quote

I've been using JP1 remotes for years. Once I found the Atlas 1056, I found the perfect remote. I've added devices over the years, now operating a Vizio TV, Pioneer receiver, AT&T Uverse DVR, Clearplay DVD, and XBox 360. Now I'm trying to add a Dune HD media player, which uses the same remote control as this rmdu:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9254

But I can't get this device to work. Is there anything wrong with this rmdu? It appears to use the NEC 1 protocol, which is one that some of my other devices are using, so that shouldn't be the problem. One thing I notice is that after loading this device, RMIR won't let me chose "Save" - that option is greyed out. I can only chose to "Save As", but when I save that and upload it to my Atlas remote, it doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on this Dune thread, I think you should try both NEC1 device 1 and device 0.
wified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been set to device 1. Is there a way to set it to BOTH device 1 AND device 0? Or are you saying that I should just switch it to device 0 and try that? Thanks.
wified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it to work. From that thread, there are two different rmdu files there. I was having problems with the one in my first post above. But, downloading this one works:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7835

This one that works is set to device 0. I am using it for the Dune HD Smart B1. So, this is the rmdu file that you need for recent Dune HDI players to work with JP1.

UPDATE: I don't know what difference it makes, but this works better with the device being blank, as opposed to having a 0 entered in as the device. So, that's what's working for me.

Last edited by wified on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
wified

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Newer Dune HD remote codes? Reply with quote

I found the following codes for the Dune HD remote, which appear to be a later version of the remote codes than the rmdu above:

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/rc/

I can't figure out how to get these into RM, which I'd like to do, because there are some keys coded that are not in the original rmdu.

Thanks for any help in figuring out how to get these into RM.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RM, open up the Dune 3.0 upgrade that you're already using. Add additional functions by entering the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal number shown in the third byte.

For example
SHUFFLE/PIP 00 BF 47 B8

Multiply 4 by 16 and add 7, getting 71. In RM click New, and enter a name such as "Shuffle/PIP" in the Name column, and 71 in the OBC column. Be sure to assign the function to some button using either the Buttons or Layout tab.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try taking the 3rd byte from the left, convert to decimal and enter it in the OBC column. BF in decimal is probably the Device.
wified

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the original rmdu:

Protocol = NEC1
Protocol = 00 5A
Device is blank.
Sub Device = 191
Fixed Data = 20 FF 02

So, the BF = 191, so that's the Sub Device.
What does the last column/byte mean? the "B8" in the above example? Just ignore that when entering into RM?

Thanks so much for your help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4th byte is the binary complement of the 3rd byte. This is a feature of the NEC IR protocol. It serves as a check byte to show that the command was received correctly. B8 and 47 are the complement of each other; RMIR knows this rule, and supplies the 4th byte so you don't have to enter it.
wified

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. Thanks so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: