JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Parallel Port JP1 on Win7-64bit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan3211

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your prompt response.

When I look at the Advance Tab under Properties within Device Manager, I see the following:

Resource Type Setting

I/O Range E010-E017
I/O Range E000-E003

I used E010 and E000 and got the same result of "No Response from the interface"

Is there anything else I could try?
alan3211

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, After much trial and error I was able to get the interface to work. I had to change the Com Port to LPT1 and the port address to E010, do a reboot and had sporadic success with different JP1 remotes.

I finally figured out that when using the Parallel Port cable that I was 100% successful if I removed the batteries from the remote. Some remotes worked with the batteries inserted but all remotes passed the Interface Check without batteries. Does anyone know the reason for this behavior?

I now have two different directories, one with Release 8.03 that I use with an old JP1 USB cable and this newer directory with the Parallel drivers. Is there a way to combine or merge these directories with just one IR executable that will support both interface cables?

Thanks to everybody on this thread for getting me this far.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What JP1 USB cable do you have? I don't think IR 8.04 changed anything regarding USB cables. 8.04 replaced the parallel port driver with one that works under Windows 7 x64.

The IR directory has the jp1parallel.dll and jp1usb.dll interface libraries. Perhaps you can check the dates on those files and compare them between the two directories.
alan3211

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but I believe the JP1 cable is one that I got years ago from Tommy Tyler. When I execute the 8.04 IR.exe (the one that supports the Parallel interface), I get a failure on the Interface Check when I attempt to use the USB cable.

The problem is probably the fact that I am a novice at this and don't know what I am doing. I downloaded and created a directory for the 8.04 executable totally separate from the 8.03 directory. There are probably files not in the 8.04 directory that need to be there. If I knew which ones to copy over from the 8.03 directory it would probably work.

Ideas??
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the JP1 USB cables but you do need to install a USB driver since those cables used a Delcom chip inside. In IR, under the Interface Menu, make sure JP1 USB is highlighted and selected.

8.03 had gwiopm.sys and was replaced with inpout32.dll in 8.04.
I also see jp1parallel.dll and jp1usb.dll were added in 8.04. This could be the result of using a newer version of the communication library. Unfortunately, I don't know much about this library or what has changed in it.

It may be easier to use one or the other depending on what cable you are using.
quantum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Remote Control Programmer version 8.04 Reply with quote

I downloaded the Remote Control Programmer version 8.04 that was apparently modified to work on windows 7 64 bit. Is this supposed to be different than the other 8.04 version I downloaded? It looks like the size of some of the dll files is different.

I have a parallel port interface for my radio shack 15-2116 JP1 remote that I built according to the instructions a number of years ago. I used it to program the remote back a number of years ago probably on windows 2000 or windows 98. However, I now have Windows 7 (64 bit) and need to program the remote again. It does not work. I get the error "No response from Interface. Make sure the interface is connected to the PC, and that you've specified the correct port."

What I have tried:

1) Checked that the address of the parallel port is correct as specified in the driver from device manager (0x378).
2) Took out batteries on remote control (I used to have to do this)
3) Plugged in JP1 cable after flipping it 180 degrees
4) Ran the menu option "driver status". This says "serial/parallel driver is functioning properly."
5) even tried copying *.dll to c:\windows\system32\. Do the drivers need to be installed somehow or can it read them correctly from the local execution directory?
6) Tried right click run as administrator.

Does anyone know how to get this working? Thanks.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only aware of one IR8.04 version being released. IR8.04 was modified to work with the new parallel port drivers found at http://www.logix4u.net/parallel-port/26-inpoutx64dll-for-win-xp-64-bit .
quantum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had downloaded the one from:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11605

It does look like there is only one version there.

I think my cable may be having some issues. I was able to get it working finally after unplugging everything a couple times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: