JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need EFC for Enter/Select/OK on oCosmo CE4001 (Sony Code)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mestizo122

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Need EFC for Enter/Select/OK on oCosmo CE4001 (Sony Code) Reply with quote

1. Device: oCosmo CE4001
2. Type of device: Television
3. Year: 2013
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast (Gray with Red Select Button)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes (but really getting lost)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes (but got lost)
9. Partially working setup code? 11100 and 11317 (had to reprogram power button to toggle) - Sony Codes
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, tried codes 00174 and 14149 to no avail.

TV Link - (http://www.amazon.com/oCOSMO-CE4001-40-inch-1080p-Glossy/dp/B00AEP8TG8)

Trying to program a remote from a Comcast (Xfinity) cable box. It is the silver with red OK button. In the battery compartment there are some pins which I am assuming are the JP1.

I have looked around, trying to figure out this EFC things, and don't have a great understanding of it, but understood enough to program my Vizio Soundbar to the controller, and lock the volume control to leverage Aux instead of TV.

I have originally used the setup code 11100 which allowed Power, volume (before locking to AUX), the arrows, and the Input (TV/VCR) button to work. For me to select the input with the original controller I have hit the Enter/Select/OK button, but that does not work with the Comcast/Xfinity remote.

I then found another Setup Code that was 11317. For me to use this code I had to reprogram the power button so it toggles, but the input button and arrows still work. Still no Enter/Select/Ok button.

I have tried a few different EFCs: 00174, 00140, 14149.

The process I used to change the mapping:
Press TV (1 blink)
Press and hold Setup (2 blinks)
Type 9 9 4 (2 blinks)
Press Setup
Type one of the above EFCs
Press OK button (2 blinks)

Am I doing this wrong, is there a better EFC to use?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that you're doing the keymove procedure correctly, since you're able to program the power toggle on 11317. This could be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but here are two EFC suggestions, both for use with 11317:

12101 (standard Sony device 1, OBC 101, but sent using Sony15 instead of Sony 12 IR protocol)
53292 (Device 151, OBC 74-- seen on some Sony models)
mestizo122

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, unfortunately that is a no go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: