JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sanyo DWM-4500 Code One For All URC-8811B00

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yozjick2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Sanyo DWM-4500 Code One For All URC-8811B00 Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, so I hope that I am following all of the rules. I have a One for All Remote URC-8811B00 to replace the URC-10820B00 that my dog ate (and I shamefully never blinked the setup code to save it for future reference - I have learned my lesson).

1. Device: Sanyo DWM-4500
2. Type of device: DVD receiver (player)
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811B00
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, DVD/0670 (controls DVD functions -play pause etc.) AUX/0219 (controls Volume, Power, Mute)
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but honestly it may as well have been Greek to me.

I am curious if there is a code for this URC-8811B00 remote that will control all of the Sanyo DVD function (as my destroyed URC-10820B did).

As a point of interst, I have moved the working AUX keys to DVD function so I can control everthing, but I am just looking for the one correct code so in the future I will know the correct set up code. Thank- you for any and all help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lookup Tool tells us that Video 0670 shoots NEC1 device 60.196. Audio 0219 shoots NEC1 device 60, which can also be written as 60.195 (by convention when the device and subdevice add to 255, we drop the subdevice).

The NEC Combo executor can send any subdevice for a given device. Audio 1801 and Video 1919 send volume as device 60 and play, stop, etc as device 60.196, which is the behavior you're looking for. Both show Sanyo as one of the brands, and do shoot the same signals as 0670/0219 for vol and play, stop, pause, etc. AUdio 1801 and Video 1919 look similar, so I son't know which would be better.

The 8811 does not carry the NEC Combo executor. It is a much older design than the 10820B00. I think your keymove solution is the only way without a cable.
yozjick2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-You for the response. I appreciate it. I knew it was an older remote, but I still thought I would try (and codes have been written down this time). I hadn't used it in years as the TV button no longer functions, but at least works for my DVD player.
If the TV button worked, it would be perfect.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: