JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05BR custom codes for windows media center

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coupster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: RCRP05BR custom codes for windows media center Reply with quote

Could someone assist me with a custom code. I've been using a harmony remote for a few years and that unit saw its better days. I just picked up a RCRP05BR and pretty much figured out how to program it for WMC. I'm trying to add a couple custom keys that send like a F key or a "alt +c" This was doable with the harmony but I haven't found a list of codes for those keys. I did find some hex values(i think) but not sure how to convert.
I found this list http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Using_a_Microsoft_remote_control_in_Windows
It says button 'F2' = 3B how would i convert that for the remote

I do have a cable on its way but coming from china it might be weeks with the holidays to get here.

Thanks for the help
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were going to do this, I'd open an existing Windows Media Center (WMC) upgrade in RemoteMaster (RM) and then compare the hex values to the documentation website. You can see that our Hex is the same as there HEX, that is good news for you, because that makes things easy. Our HEX often doesn't have a direct correlation. Ours might be reversed or complemented or both, in which case you would have a lot more work to do to get the results you need.

So in this case I'd just create a new function and enter the hex "3B" in the hex column in RM. It computed an EFC of 219 or 00219 if you have selected the correct remote.

So you can test it by tapping
setup 0 0 2 1 9
making sure that the remote is pointed at the WMC when you press the 9.

If it works, you can assign it to a button or a shifted button on your remote, using keymove instructions found in the wiki.
coupster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow, thank you so much vickyg2003. It took some looking around and a tiny bit of figuring out remotemaster (zip file) and map files and other things it wanted to load but I got it working and was able to convert the hex into EFC5!

This site rocks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you figured it out.
Quote:
This site rocks!

Yes it does! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: