JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA OARP05S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2 is right, you don't want to remove any device types from the RDF, regardless of whether the type in question is supported by the remote itself. Every device type falls into one of 4 groups: TV, Cable, Video and Audio.

This is most evident on non-LCD remotes that only have 4 device buttons because the manual itself will tell you that cassette players use the VCR button, and HOME AUTO devices use the Audio button, etc. In LCD remotes, HOME AUTO usually has it's own device type, in non-LCD remotes it will be part of the CD device group if it's available, otherwise it's part of the AUDIO device group.

In the JP1 world, we will try to keep each device type in the correct master group, but on some 2 and 3 device remotes there aren't enough device modes available, so we will group them under the best device mode available.
wnewell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I worked with this, I think it's just an RMIR problem. When the upgrade is loaded into rmir, it doesn't change the device type from its alias to the actual type. IOW's if it's a Home Auto device type in the rmdu file, it stays that when loaded into rmir instead of changing to Audio. In ir.exe it gets changed to Audio. I removed Home Auto from my rdf, but agree it should probably be left in for distribution. Hopefully, some the the problems I've found in rmir will get fixed someday as it's easier to use for me, being a linux user.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know that this flaw exists in RMIR, why don't you just change the device types in your upgrades to the right ones for your remote, at least until such time that RMIR is fixed.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple minor tweaks to make to the RDF before I'm ready to call it 100% complete. But I'm hoping somebody can help clarify a few things for me first.

When I view my map on the "Layout" tab of RM, there are 4 buttons across the bottom that don't actually map to physical buttons on the remote. Three of these are Dev4, 5, and 6. However, the circles for Dev4 and 5 are outlined in yellow, but Dev6 is not. In that respect, RM is treating it the same as the Setup button and the three Multi-Macro buttons.

My question is why? I'm not sure how RM has determined that Dev6 is special, except that the button code for Dev6 ($41) doesn't appear in the #3 ButtonMap (code $42 appears twice there, which I think is a blooper).

Which brings me to my second question: Anybody have any idea where that last remaining non-physical button came from, and/or what it's supposed to be? RM just labels it as "button3F" (which it appears to be picking up from the ButtonMaps section since that's the only place I can find a $3F in the RDF).
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go look at the RCA in more detail (when I write the extender some day) but I can tell you from the Atlas remotes, there were special keypresses that the remote internally changed from the key that was pressed to another key value. One of them was $3F, and that $3F ended up in the button list. (unfortunately)

I thought that Greg was going to go into RM and put some code that "if button is not defined but is in the button maps, don't put it in the list of buttons" but I'm not sure. (we talked off line about this a long, long time ago but I can't remember the outcome)

As for the $42 duplication: Given that I did the work to figure out the button maps, I'm gonna have to go look at the repeat of $42 to make sure that is not a typo. I'd bet that it is though, I've never seen a remote that has a duplicate button code in one of the button maps. The stuff that I used to generate the original rdf is on my other Mac (at home) so it'll be a day or so till I can fire it up and look.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

The duplicate isn't totally unprecedented. The 15-13x's have a duplicate ($2C). I brought this up when we first made the RDFs, and binky confirmed it was correct.

Are you saying if we make 3F a phantom it could walk on something else?
R2-M0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Edit: Completely rewritten. Forgive me stumbling around a little blindly here, folks. I learn best by getting my hands dirty with a little trial and error, but it ain't a pretty sight for others to have to watch...]

I gotta think that first $42 in the #3 Audio map needs to become a $41. The same sequence in all the other three maps is "$09, $01, $0A, $11, $12, $40, $41, $42" -- in other words, all eight device buttons. And I can't see any reason why you would want the Dev6 phantom device button to be inactive in Audio mode.

Of course, I also can't see any reason why you'd want to let the user try to assign a function to a phantom device button via RM, but...

With that straightened out, and with unclemiltie's explanation for that oddball $3F button, I think this RDF is looking pretty solid. I've updated the file I previously posted to add PVR to the alias list and to change that $42 to a $41. I also pulled the Pause Protocol not-a-comment into a separate readme file.

I'll let WagonMaster know about this latest version so he can include it in the next Big Bundle o' RDFs that he's working on.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: the extra dev buttons in the list

The reason is there is likely an 8-device in the works and they're planning on using the same firmware (and hopefully not the same signature, but I'll bet that they do) This is exactly what they did with the Radio Shack 15-13x remotes. All of the same sigs, more or less devices and a different button set but the lists are all the same.

What's odd in this one is that all of the keys are the same in all of the lists, so why make the 4 button lists and not just one?
R2-M0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
What's odd in this one is that all of the keys are the same in all of the lists, so why make the 4 button lists and not just one?

I find it weird that the three MultiMacro buttons (OnDemand $35, Macro1 $34 and Macro2 $36) appear to only be listed in ButtonMap #0 for some reason, along with a couple other seemingly unused button codes ($F1 and $F2, for example).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I find it weird that the three MultiMacro buttons (OnDemand $35, Macro1 $34 and Macro2 $36) appear to only be listed in ButtonMap #0 for some reason, along with a couple other seemingly unused button codes ($F1 and $F2, for example).

For a "cable replacement" remote, I find that it makes perfect sense that On Demand and the two other Multi-Macro buttons which are specifically for cable remotes would only be available in cable mode.

BTW: I got a real chuckle and felt a total connected to you when I read this little ditty.

Quote:
Forgive me stumbling around a little blindly here, folks. I learn best by getting my hands dirty with a little trial and error, but it ain't a pretty sight for others to have to watch...]

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2-M0 wrote:

My question is why? I'm not sure how RM has determined that Dev6 is special, except that the button code for Dev6 ($41) doesn't appear in the #3 ButtonMap (code $42 appears twice there, which I think is a blooper).

I just checked and verified that this was indeed a typo. The first $42 should be $41.

i.e. the list should be .... $41, $42, $3F, $3E, $3D

-bill
pxpto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2-M0 wrote:

I just uploaded a revised version of the RDF file that includes all the things we've learned about this remote since UncleMiltie's original draft.

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7071

I get "The file you selected does not exist" error.

Where can I find the RDF for OARP05S?

I installed RemoteMaster.v2.02a + "RDFs required for RM-IR and IR - Version 1.32.zip" + "Maps and Images required for RM-IR - Version 1.32.zip". Is there an updated Maps/RDF list?

Thanks!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OARP05S is internally identical to the RCRP05B, so just use the RCRP05B RDF. The latest RDF is here, and also in SourceForge.
Both remotes have a signature of 3179.
pxpto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you 3FG.

I noticed you submited this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10764

Which is different from trunk (http://sourceforge.net/p/controlremote/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/remotes/rdfs/31793179%20%28RCA%20RCRP05B%20black%29.rdf)

Which one should I use?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one from the link is newer and corrects an error in the list of protocol executors. Just now, I updated SourceForge with the newer file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: