JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Set-Up Code Needed : Pace TDS865IMC (DStv/Multichoice)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
im2020

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Set-Up Code Needed : Pace TDS865IMC (DStv/Multichoice) Reply with quote

1. Device: Pace TDS865IMC
2. Type of device: DStv/Multichoice SAT decoder and PVR
3. Year: 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7781
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes (model J102201 labelled UEI Model A3)
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? Using SAT set-up code 0847 I have learnt various keys but they all show XMP Protocol. I have spent hours reading almost every post related to XMP protocol and remain willing to learn but haven’t yet found a “hook” which will get me on the first rung of the ladder towards creating my own IRMaster upgrade..
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but entering any set-up code listed for Pace or DStv or Multichoice under SAT or CBL returns an “Invalid” response
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Im2020,
So you have an XMP device. XMP signals use a hexadecimal scheme, meaning that any one signal is comprised of up to 16 different timing pairs. Because the UEI remote is only capable of storing 10 unique timing values, the learns ususally don't work. However our math wizard, mathdon, figured out a scheme that can usually decode the learns and give you the values you need to create an XMP upgrade

Since you didn't share what the decodes are I can't even give steer you to a file that might work for you. But its not all that hard to start from scratch.

When you create your upgrade, please post it in the file section in this forum.

Good luck

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
im2020

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt reply Vicky (and thanks again for the help you gave me 2 years ago with my Panasonic TV which needed a key held down for 1.5 secs to power it on).

If it helps you to give me a steer, set out below are four of the learned codes.

If these don't help can you give me a pointer to where I can find mathdon's scheme and how to use it.

Thanks

Channel Up 1 XMP 71 17 134 86 254
2 XMP-R 71 17 134 86 254

Channel Down 1 XMP 71 17 133 85 230
2 XMP-R 71 17 133 85 230
3 Gap-202-9880-147 32 0

Menu 1 XMP 71 17 37 25 235
2 XMP-R 71 17 37 25 235
3 XMP:139.060-1C1F44471F912500

Power 1 XMP 71 17 15 0F 058
2 XMP-R 71 17 15 0F 058
3 XMP:139.060-1C1F444716910F00
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Checked the file section? Yes

When I used the JP1-Master-1.10 worksheet to find XMP 71 17 files, I found an exact match on your model number

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11330

So that makes me believe that you missed the "File Search" icon at the top of the page. When I was looking in the various sections alphabetically I could never find my files because they were in a different category, or in the slingbox area.

[/quote]

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
im2020

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky, but I did find this file very early on in all my searches and got quite excited. But when I changed the remote from Slingbox to URC-7781 RemoteMaster said

The selected protocol "XMP (Slingbox)" (01 6C : JP1 Slingbox) is not compatible with the selected remote. This upgrade will NOT function correctly. Please choose a different protocol.

Was I deterred too easily? Is there some way round this do you think?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im2020 wrote:
Thanks Vicky, but I did find this file very early on in all my searches and got quite excited. But when I changed the remote from Slingbox to URC-7781 RemoteMaster said

The selected protocol "XMP (Slingbox)" (01 6C : JP1 Slingbox) is not compatible with the selected remote. This upgrade will NOT function correctly. Please choose a different protocol.

Was I deterred too easily? Is there some way round this do you think?

Start 2 RDMU Sessions with this protocol.

On the second one, change the protocol to XMP instead of XMP(Slingbox)
Then check to make sure the OBCs on the two images are the same.

Once you use XMP you should be able to change the remote to 7781 no problems.

Make sure you add your upgrade to the file section, so the next person doesn't have this issue.
im2020

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As before, Vicky, you're a star. I was too easily deterred although I would never have thought of changing the RM protocol without your help. It all seems to be just what I want but I'll change a few button mappings to more logical selections and then add the upgrade into the file section.

Once again, many thanks.
im2020

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM upgrade added to File Section as :

Pace TDS 865IMC (for Multichoice DStv HD PVR 2 P).zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: