JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

unextended multiplexor for URC-7950?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by tranx on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started again and how is this now? http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12180

With that configuration loaded into the remote, it blinked once when TV button pressed and Ch+, which seems something new!
(it has dawned that it is because, in Uk, we have Tv via an aerial on the roof, but in US the regular Tv is via Cable. So 'TV' button = 'CBL' button)

Then changed the TV set up code back to 2004 and it looks good:-

So far I have understood that I could somehow designate two keys, one to switch to alternative device (in this case presumably whatever is configured in device with set up code 1107) and the other button to switch the TV device back to the set up code 2004 configuration...

It looks as if the Channel up and the channel down buttons will do this, and suppose that is what pressing Ch+ was about. As it is, new TV device has Ch+ and Ch- commands pre-installed and I just need to put in others by entering OBCs...

Thank you very much binky mdavej and vicky Very Happy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your file still isn't quite right. TV 1107 and Ch+ is temporary for patching the remote to enable multiplexer functionality. After you press Ch+, 1107 and the associated protocol can be deleted entirely. The other new protocol must stay (appears to be missing in your RMIR file). No need to worry about OBCs. Just use the Special Functions tab to configure the multiplexer. However, I can't seem to make this work myself. Perhaps I have the wrong RDF.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right thanks. Just had a quick look before going out but, without knowing what to expect, only noticed that there were no new options in the special functions tab, and perhaps that explains it. Will have another go at getting the files into RMIR.

Here's what I think is the URC-7950 rdf which I have been using, normally, without problems http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12181 - in case it is the same as the one you have...
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd try image http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12182

Had trouble knowing what to put where but this is the latest state of play, still no options for 'type' in special functions, if it matters.

binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to use TV/1107 anymore. That only had 2 functions in its upgrade and that was to Enable the Patch(CH+) or to Disable the Patch(CH-). Enable the patch means to use the device setup table as is in RAM. Disable the patch means to load in the device setup table from EEPROM at every keypress.

You should have the Protocol 01FE Unextended Device Multiplexor loaded and a device setup upgrade that references 01FE.

Code:

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FE (S3F80) UnExtended Device Multiplexor for patched RCRP05B/URC-39931/URC-7950
 00 00 02 08 63 02 00 06 C0 67 F5 03 C0 83 C0 04 F6 05 D8 AF
End

Upgrade Code2 0 = 04 4D (TV/1101) Uses UnDevice Multiplexor Protocol 01FE. CH+=SAT/1238 CH-=SAT/1563
 01 FE 00 21 04 B8 05 FD
End

The above device upgrade will assign CH+ to be SAT/1238 and CH- to be SAT/1463. After you switch to TV/1101, pressing CH+ will set SAT(device mode index 0) to 1238.

You can also assign TV/1101 CH+ as a part of a keymove. So assigning SHIFT-SAT to TV/1101 CH+ will change the setup code on SAT to 1238.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binky, apologies that the terms are still confusing and that is beyond me.

I think that, after I got the blink of the light when pressing Ch+, deleted 1101 (and at the same time agreed in a popup option to removal of something said only to be associated with that), and replaced the setup code for the Samsung Tv, I have been able to load:-
Quote:
Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 FE (S3F80) UnExtended Device Multiplexor for patched RCRP05B/URC-39931/URC-7950
End

- that was by going to tab Protocols, New, Import protocol upgrade, paste it in the box, ok - a new entry appeared in protocols 'manual settings 01 FE' and 'PID 01FE' (then 'protocol code' numbers). Following is the image saved at this stage 'Stage Three':- http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12183
- may I ask if it is ok up to that point, or what needs to be redone?

Next, tried to find somewhere to put:-
Quote:
Upgrade Code2 0 = 04 4D (TV/1101) Uses UnDevice Multiplexor Protocol 01FE. CH+=SAT/1238 CH-=SAT/1563 01 FE 00 21 04 B8 05 FD
End

...it won't offer 'OK' option if I go to Devices, New, Upgrade RAW, and try to paste it there. Nor will it satisfy New, Import protocol upgrade, where I am invited to enter 'protocol upgrade code' (well it goes in when I paste it, and disappears but after 'ok' first time the 'ok' button is greyed out.

Tried it again a few times and somehow got to this:-
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you can bear with me as I don't use RMIR that frequently if at all.

I downloaded "latest 4 one stage missing partial multiplexor Image SR URC7950 F8000.ir" and loaded it using rmir(remotemaster 2.02a).

I click on the Protocols Tab, select entry #1, and then click the delete button. This deletes the manual 01FE entry.

I click on the Devices Tab. Click on the New button. The Device Upgrade Editor pops up. Click on Import Raw button and an Import Raw Upgrade window pop appears.

Code:

Upgrade Code2 0 = 04 4D (TV/1101) Uses UnDevice Multiplexor Protocol 01FE.
 01 FE 00 01
End

Copy the above(From Upgrade to End) and Paste it into the "Upgrade Code:" box. The Setup Code and Device Type are now filled in and the box should only contain "01 FE 00 01".

Code:

End

Copy the above(From Upgrade to End) and Paste it into the "Protocol Code for Unknown PID 01 FE ** Required **" box.

The box should only contain "00 00 02 08 63 02 00 06 C0 67 F5 03 C0 83 C0 04 F6 05 D8 AF".

Click on OK button to close out the Import Raw Upgrade popup.

Click on OK button to close out the Device Upgrade Editor popup.

Another popup appears, "Unassigned Device Upgrade". This is because there is no device button that refers to this device upgrade(TV/1101). This is ok. Click on Cancel button to dismiss.

Click on Special Functions Tab. Click on New. You should now see Bound Key and Parameters in the popup window. Within the Parameters section should be Type: Multiplex and Device Type: and Setup Code:.

For Bound Key: Device=TV, Key=TV, Click on Shift check box.
Parameters: Device Type=TV, Setup Code=1208.
Click on OK button.

The Special Functions Tab now has 1 entry.
TV, SHIFT-TV, Multiplex, TV:1208, 04 B8

This means when in TV mode and you press SHIFT-TV, the remote will load the TV/1208 setup code into the TV mode device slot. Subsequent keypresses will be using this setup code.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the walkthrough. That all went fine and produced the predicted results Smile (although I can't get the multiplexor to work yet)
The only slight hiccough was with:-
Quote:
I click on the Devices Tab. Click on the New button. The Device Upgrade Editor pops up. Click on Import Raw button and an Import Raw Upgrade window pop appears.
Quote:
Code:
Upgrade Code2 0 = 04 4D (TV/1101) Uses UnDevice Multiplexor Protocol 01FE.
01 FE 00 01
End

Copy the above(From Upgrade to End) and Paste it into the "Upgrade Code:" box. The Setup Code and Device Type are now filled in and the box should only contain "01 FE 00 01".
- at that stage there was still some text in the "Upgrade Code:" box, which had to be deleted before pasting in the 'Upgrade Code2 0= 04 4D' etc., which I think is what had thrown me before.

. . . . . . . re.
Quote:
The Special Functions Tab now has 1 entry.
TV, SHIFT-TV, Multiplex, TV:1208, 04 B8

This means when in TV mode and you press SHIFT-TV, the remote will load the TV/1208 setup code into the TV mode device slot. Subsequent keypresses will be using this setup code.
Noted that at this stage the TV/1208 setup code does not apparently refer a useful upgrade i.e. it has no keys defined in the layout tab.
I have concluded that this is just an illustration, and that a fresh device upgrade could be loaded, and then tagged as 'Device Type' 'TV' and with 'Setup Code' 1208. Then, for example, pressing Shift-TV would configure the 7950 with the keys for that fresh (replacement 6th) device. Is that right please? and if so, in this example would the 6th device have to use the same protocol as the Samsung TV-type setup code 2004?

On those premises, loaded a duplicate Samsung F8000 Tv upgrade, modified its setup code to 1208, and changed the designation of one command in the layout, but after reloading the remote and pressing Shift-TV in TV Mode the command was unchanged and everything worked as before. Leaving the 6th device as 1101, loading the Tv device into that slot, changing a button, and pressing Shift-TV in TV Mode makes the Tv bring up a small box with 'Mode Picture', so it's doing something, but don't think there was a difference in behaviour apart from that. The same if no F8000 upgrade was loaded into 6th device with code 1101, but either the command's OBC, or its EFC5, was added to a function in the otherwise empty function list, and allocated to the button. (Tried to do it with RMIR 2.02a but can't get it working at the moment, so have been still been using 2.2Beta 1.5u).
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct in that TV/1208 was just an example. I don't have a list of device setup codes you want so I couldn't use your exact example.

The General Tab lists your 5 device slots. You fill these slots(buttons) with a device type and a setup code.

The device type/setup code refers to a built-in table of setup codes or to the device upgrade table. RMIR and IR.exe modify the device upgrade table. This device upgrade table of setup codes contains more devices than listed in the General Tab. Keymoves use this by referring to 1 specific entry in the built-in or device upgrade tables even though you are not using those setup codes in the General Tab.

Let me describe the chain of events that should be happening.

You define a keymove in TV mode on the SHIFT-TV button that uses the multiplex setup code TV/1101 to assign TV mode(device slot) to setup code 1208.

Embedded into the keymove is the TV/1208 encoding(04 B8 in hex). This setup code(TV/1101) uses the multiplex 01FE protocol upgrade to process its functions. The 01FE multiplex protocol knows the setup code doesn't have any functions assigned in the setup code and uses the 2 bytes(04 B8) from the keymove to fill in one of the device slots in RAM memory. The device slots are listed in the General Tab.

So this multiplex operation basically overwrites the current setup code in RAM with the one supplied in the keymove. You can create a keymove with the multiplex protocol to load AUD/2013 into the TV mode slot. Subsequent keypresses in TV mode will send IR commands to your Panasonic Home Theatre system.

Of course, all of this assumes you've patched your remote correctly. You may need another program(or device upgrade+protocol upgrade) to dump the contents of your remote to make sure it was patched correctly.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that is very clear. I see what I was doing wrong and that several extra devices can be loaded and appear only in the device tab, with no additional device slots in the general tab. Also nearly see how any one of those devices can be specified by the keymove so the multiplexor setup code(TV/1101) can use the multiplexor program [device upgrade+01FE protocol upgrade] for the keys of an existing, or extra device, to be transferred to RAM.

[following paragraphs superceded & edited out]
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few more tries it works Very Happy Thanks again!!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12193

In TV mode
Shift-TV = TV buttons control SAT
Shift-Stop = TV buttons control TV

binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear. Good job confirming the patch and unextended device multiplexor work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: