JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TT cable / JP1 EEPROM Interface connection issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terschen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: TT cable / JP1 EEPROM Interface connection issue Reply with quote

I have not changed my remotes for ~2 years and now I can't get IR (or RM) to communicate with any of my remotes. I had used serial cables for years, then back around 2007/8 I switched to Tommy Tyler's USB cable and JP1 EEPROM Interface (using URC-9910 remotes with a Win7 PC). I used that configuration successfully since then (I remember Tommy helping me with something to get it working initially). I have tried a bunch of things the past few days unsuccessfully (IR settings, drivers, jp1test, batteries, 180 degree flip, etc.). Device Manager recognizes the cable/interface (USB Serial Converter). I'm using the JP1.x setting in IR (believe that's correct...tried all JP1 options also) but continue to get "Failed to open JP1.x interface". JP1TEST shows "NO JP1.2/3 COMPATIBLE REMOTE FOUND!". FTDI driver is 2.8.30.0 from 7/12/2013 (installed it after deleting the old one and letting Windows auto install by recognizing the cable/interface). Anyone have anything more I can try here? Thanks!
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to use the JP1 USB interface selection with the 9910 (it's not a JP1.x remote).
terschen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I understand the 9910 is a JP1 remote, but I believe Tommy's cable / interface uses the JP1.x config...also noted on the site as:

"Both the flash and EEPROM interfaces operate with IR or RMIR configured for "JP1.x". ("JP1 USB" configuration is not used.)"

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

The JP1 USB option in IR is greyed out with this cable / interface.
terschen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other suggestions to try?
terschen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Plugging in the cable, going into Device Manager and uninstalling the driver, unplugging the cable and then plugging it back in to reinstall the driver worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: