JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony TV 0000 discrete ANT codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scsedenafro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Sony TV 0000 discrete ANT codes Reply with quote

I have a JP1 learning remote (OFA 8811), and also my original remote for my Sony TV (device code 0000). I have found discrete codes for everything I need to program my MX 500 except discrete codes for the ANT A/B switch. On the original remote it is a A/B toggle. This switches between the AUX input and the VHF/UHF input. TIVO and the descrambled video signal comes in through my AUX input. I need the discrete codes to improve the Wife Acceptability Factor of the new setup. I would like to be able to have my wife press one button with a macro for switching on just TV, automatically select the analog signal (VHF/UHF input) so she can do fast channel surfing without the ususal TIVO delay. If anyone has the discrete codes for this TV to select ANT input A and ANT input B, please post. I think I have looked everywhere including JP1 lists and cannot find.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, what you are calling the AUX input is the same as what everyone else calls VIDEO1, and what you're calling VHF/UHF is what everyone else calls TV mode.

If that's the case, then these EFCs should work for you...
034 Video 1
243 TV (or)
113 TV

as found here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0000
scsedenafro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, Rob, but that's not it. I use the Vid 1 to switch from "normal" TV to a Vid 1 input when I view a DVD or a VCR tape (DVD/VCR signal is routed though my AV receiver, and then out to TV Vid 1 input); I use the TV code you listed to switch back from Vid 1. My TV has various Video 1 though Video 6 input connections as well as three co-ax connection points labeled: (1) AUX; (2) To CONVERTER; and (3) VHF/UHF. I have my cable connection going to coax port (3); the cable box is connected to coax port (2); and my TIVO which gets the descrambled signal from the cable box is connected to coax port (1). The Sony TV remote has a ANT button, which allows the TV input to switch (toggle) between coax port (1) and coax port (3). I am looking for discrete codes to select coax port (1) AUX when starting up TIVO; as well as a discrete code to select coax port (3) UHF/VHF when starting up TV without TIVO to allow fast channel switching for my wife...(the things we do for love). Any thoughts?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, they're making these TVs more and more complicated, eh? Just out of curiosity, does your cable box have regular a/v outs? If so, why don't you connect it to one the VIDEO inputs on the TV?

Anyway, back to your original question, have you tried these codes to see what they do...

112 Antenna/Aux
115 External Antenna

If one of them is a discrete code for AUX1, you could create a macro to get you to the other two inputs.
scsedenafro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 112 toggles between AUX and UHF/VHF inputs, and Code 115 just turns off the AUX port, and somehow changes channels in the process. Anway, no cigar on those codes.

But....your suggestion to run an input straight to the other Video terminals on the TV, which do have discrete codes could be just the ticket. I will give that a shot, when I figure out how to move the big momma TV wedged into my AV cabinet.
Thanks - I'll let you know how this turns out.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend taking it a stage further. I would split the A/V outs from the cable box, then connect one set directly to the TV and connect the other set to the A/V inputs on the Tivo. Then connect the A/V outs from the Tivo to another one of the A/V inputs on the TV.

That would just leave the raw cable feed going into one of the RF inputs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, I have split the cable discussion off to it's own thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: