JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRPS04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: RCRPS04 Reply with quote

I noticed that RCA has a new remote: RCRPS04

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remotes/4-5-devices/?sku=RCRPS04GR

There is also a 6-device version:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remotes/4-5-devices/?sku=RCRPS06GR

Just wondering if anyone has seen these and if they are JP1 or not? I'm hoping the "RCRP" may mean it is.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the manuals, and these do not appear to be OFA remotes. The programming is completely different.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last page of the 4 device remote manual does say AudioVox, and the codes use the standard UEI codes, but there is no information on the mighty keymove, and without a keymove the experience is just not the same. The keymove is king!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess until someone buys or can somehow get hold of one to see if it has a header in it, we'll never really know. The pictures of installing the battery in the manual didn't seem to show room for the header.

I didn't think it's UEI as programming device codes doesn't have a SETUP button, but instead involves holding down POWER and DEVICE to enable entry mode. The code search is completely different.

The codes do seem similar to UEI, but it seems to be a 5-digit variation where the first digit gives the type (1 for TV, 5 for cable, etc...) Or is that how some newer codes are? Even my RCA RCRP05B uses 4-digit codes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyross wrote:
The codes do seem similar to UEI, but it seems to be a 5-digit variation where the first digit gives the type (1 for TV, 5 for cable, etc...) Or is that how some newer codes are? Even my RCA RCRP05B uses 4-digit codes.
Some JP1 remotes use 5 digit setup codes, where the first digit tells you if its TV/Video/Cable/Audio.... This one seems to do that too. If it had the mighty keymove, that it would be interesting even if it was not a JP1 remote. I have a couple of Big Easy's that I support via keymoves from the remotes button entry. If it had a keymove, I'd take a chance and pick it up. Keymoves rule! Unfortunately doesn't look like it has a keymove so I'll pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: