JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Motorola vip 1853 - need pronto hex
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spicemint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: motorola vip 1853 Reply with quote

hi all,

i have the vip 1853 as well. I'm looking for hex codes of the device all over. I have a IR transmitter and want to send IR signals using lirc (on linux) but need the hex codes, can someone provide those to me please?

thx!!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it is all in my posting from October 28. Just select "LIRC" as the export format, and add "frequency 56000" manually (as 3FG writes), (This is a bug that has been fixed in the development version.) I assume that you are really after LIRC codes, not primarily the hex codes. If you actually require the Pronto hex codes, select text (or XML) as export format, and make sure that the "Pronto" checkbox is selected.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf, really? Is that pronto hex selection going to produce the LIRC file that Leo showed? I was sure that was going to give me a list of pronto hex. I read the stuff about having to add something about local host and ports? I thought I couldn't create a LIRC file unless I was a LIRC user, with a LIRC engine. I am totally confused by all this. I would really like to learn how to use your tools. The IRMaster itself is really pretty cool, and there are features here that I can't get anywhere else. I'd like to know how.

You know eventually I do learn. It took me an eternity to understand what a protocol was. I read for 6 years before I started asking questions and then it took me another 4 years to be able to get to the point where I can write them. I'd really like to get a working knowledge of your tools.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, I'll go crawl back under my rock. Found what I was looking for. I had read the help and got really, really confused. Avoid help and file manipulation is pretty easy.
spicemint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Actually, it is all in my posting from October 28. Just select "LIRC" as the export format, and add "frequency 56000" manually (as 3FG writes), (This is a bug that has been fixed in the development version.) I assume that you are really after LIRC codes, not primarily the hex codes. If you actually require the Pronto hex codes, select text (or XML) as export format, and make sure that the "Pronto" checkbox is selected.

thx for the help Smile and indeed, i want to create a lircd.conf file, did what you said and ended up with a file like the one from Leo, post from 11 april.
I added the frequency line you mentioned and added the following to my lircd.conf http://pastebin.com/jTDZbvRk
then i tried to send some codes using irsend like this:
Code:
irsend SEND_ONCE canalsatld d000f027s000

tested with a few but the motorola vip1853 does not react at all to the signals, what might i be doing wrong?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm understanding this correctly you didn't enter 37 in the d field. These were canalsat device 37 Sub device 0 signals.
spicemint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
If I'm understanding this correctly you didn't enter 37 in the d field. These were canalsat device 37 Sub device 0 signals.

thx for pointing that out, re-did it with device 37 this time, new result that I added to lircd.conf is here: http://pastebin.com/5sWah0Wq
still no reaction though, can anyone confirm that this really works with the motorola vip1853?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@spicemint: your file looks ok.

@vicky: IrMaster computes the signals from IRP-notation + parameters and saves in one of many different formats, Pronto Hex and LIRC being just two. So you can produce the "lircd.conf" from scratch. BTW, I am not the first doing this; in the LIRC distribution there is a Python script, I think it is called pronto2lirc, that generates a lirc file from Pronto code.

Quote:
You know eventually I do learn. It took me an eternity to understand what a protocol was. I read for 6 years before....

So, do not forget that what first sight looks scary can be understood by some ("some") effort. Wink

BTW, the LIRC raw format ("begin raw_codes") is, as opposed to the other LIRC formats, not at all hard to understand, just the final silence that is missing, that is instead the "gap" parameter in the header.

Quote:
I had read the help and got really, really confused. Avoid help and file manipulation is pretty easy.

That is not a very helpful statement. Assuming you are taking about my stuff; if you have better help texts to suggest, or even can point at what is not comprehensible, I would be happy to consider your suggestions.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spicemint,
It may be worth trying a frequency of 38 KHz. Sometimes the cable provider asks for a different frequency.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Quote:
I had read the help and got really, really confused. Avoid help and file manipulation is pretty easy.

That is not a very helpful statement. Assuming you are taking about my stuff; if you have better help texts to suggest, or even can point at what is not comprehensible, I would be happy to consider your suggestions.

Once I digest this I will write up something. Your software is easy to use. It offers some features that are really nice for dealing with other IR enthusiasts. Wav file and lirc file reading and creation for starters. I assume that since this is java based it will run on more platforms than irscope, so this gives people a way to plot signals when irscope is not an option. Seeing signals is really important for some of us. One of the other tools, Irscope I think, deals with short form pronto hex, does irmaster? The generation of a range of pronto hex is much easier with irmaster, than makehex and is again java based which opens it up to cross platform use. In the past I made a file for make
hex to generate some oddball pronto hex signals for a non-jp1 visitor. Now I just create an executor and shoot them at my widget. I have a feeling that this might be where irpmaster comes in. Since widgets are now impossible to get, this is an important feature.
I see that you also import ICT files. I assume this is only for single ict's not for the kind that holds a whole set of signals that we use for sharing info in the forums. Is this correct?

And what is lintronix? I have seen other references to that but don't know what it is.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spicemint,
It seems to me, that when I was looking into purchasing an IRBlaster setup to work from my PC, that the blasters had a frequency rating. Some were good for normal frequencies in the 38K range, and that for high frequency signals , ie 55K, I would need special IRBlasters.

Have you read the documenation on your IR emitters to see if they are rated for a high frequency?

Also, did you check that the blaster is working by viewing it through a digital camera? (i.e. your cell phone)

Also are you sure you have the blaster placed properly?
spicemint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I made sure my IR transmitter is working, needed to re-solder, tested and receiving and sending signals works but not with my motorola vip1853 remote control, the remote control itself seems to be manufactured by ruwido but no model number on it, looks like this:
[url]http://www.kpn.com/is-bin/intershop.stat…dsbediening.png[/url]

tried using irrecord but get different results ands sometimes error about "No toggle bit mask found.But I know for sure that RC6 has a toggle bit!" see different results:
http://pastebin.com/WBjU04x7

or
http://pastebin.com/MwH2K2rz

or
http://pastebin.com/8X6mk8su

how to get this darn thing working?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the only thing that I get out of this is that at one point, it has a timing pair of +430-520 that it thinks might be a leadin. and signal lengths of 27, 34, and 20.

That could be canalsatld but the timings seem to be a bit off.the lead in pair should be 330-660, and +660 -660 would be more of a double wide on off pair, somewhere in the middle.

Could you double check your Motorola Model Number, Motorola VIP 1853 is reported to have CanalsatLD, and we saw that in the other user in this thread and we have slingbox confirmation on this code. We've seen Motorola use a variety of different protocols, CanalsatLD, TDC, Nokia32, XMP.

I'd love to see this be something as simple as a transposed model number, or a scratch on the label that is making one of the numbers appear to be something that it isn't. (been there done that on more than one occassion).
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have too much respect for the way LIRC handles "non-raw" IR signals. It appears that irrecord (probably correctly) identifies the protocol as a bi-phase protocol with the same timing as RC6. So it tries to identify a RC6 signal. Which goes wrong.

Use the -f option of irrecord to force it into raw mode.

The url of your remote was munged by the forum, please retry.

I would also like to know what driver "ya_usbir" is (that does not appear to be a standard LIRC driver).

@Vicky: Technically, am IR LED is not band width limited, but capable of frequencies from DC to many, many MHz, probably GHz. I cannot recall I have seen an IR sender (as opposed to receiver!!) capable of 38kHZ and not 56kHz ,or vice versa. A short look at the specs of GlobalCache (20-500kHz) and IrTrans (15kHz-1MHz) as well as some IR repeaters by Smarthome verifies this.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:

@Vicky: Technically, am IR LED is not band width limited, but capable of frequencies from DC to many, many MHz, probably GHz. I cannot recall I have seen an IR sender (as opposed to receiver!!) capable of 38kHZ and not 56kHz ,or vice versa. A short look at the specs of GlobalCache (20-500kHz) and IrTrans (15kHz-1MHz) as well as some IR repeaters by Smarthome verifies this.

Yes, I don't remember if it was an IRTransceiver, or an IR Repeater system that had the freqency limitation. I just remember checking all of my signals to make sure I could fit in the lower band.

I never pulled the trigger on whatever it was. I didn't end up with the closed door cabinet that I had wanted (so no repeater). and I never ended up exploring lirc, because I found out that OnDemand was included in my HOA monthly dues, it just wasn't made clear in the HOA communications, and Comcast was very happy to give me less than I was paying for! Laughing Once OnDemand equipment was in place, there was no need to record the stuff, when I could just pull it up OnDemand.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: