JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR To-do List and Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

One of the things that I never wanted to fix in extinstall was how it dealt with the setup info that is packaged (or not) in an extender release. The old version of Extinstall would populate the entire IR file with the fill byte (i.e. FF) and then go and then put things from the "old" and "extender" files in.

But for some reason it does NOT populate the setup codes and then when IR or RMIR opens the file it gets invalid setup codes and invalid device types (i.e. device type F and setup code 4095) It is for this reason that I package all zero setup codes with all of the JP1.3 extenders.

As I'm working on a new extender I thought I would just require that RMIR be used with the extender and then not package all zeros, which then would not destroy setup codes on the upgrade. I built a pagkage without data in the setup area and tried it with RMIR and unfortunately got the same results.

I know when you guys put that feature in you ported the then existing Extinstall so that's probably not an unexpected result.

Also, it duplicates macros on buttons that have definitions in the old IR file (i.e. I package the extenders with default macros on the device buttons but if one was there you now have two macros on the same button in the macro list)

Any time you have a chance to change the behavior of extinstall, these two things would be nice to fix....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: