JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung dcb-i560g
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Samsung dcb-i560g Reply with quote

Hello, I just bought a Samsung DCB-I560G without a remote and i need good codes. WAV file is best for me.

1. Device: Samsung dcb-i560g
2. Type of device: cable
3. Year: i dont know
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Kameleon URC-8060
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9319 Only the numbers work. No power or Menu.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? 1174 from ''the robman''
file
10. Learning remote question?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes. nothing works at all.

MOD EDIT: ... and the genesis of this upgrade, in case someone wants to take a crack at it: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12816

Last edited by kristy_brasov on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristy_brasov, Before we revisit that horrible protocol, could we see the WAV file that you created, and the IR file that you created it from? I'm really hoping you made an error . That would be a lot easier than trying to figure this thing out!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have upload the wav file here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12071

Is very possible that i have made some mistakes because is the first time i learn and use this stuff.

Sorry for my english.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kristi,
Thank you for posting the WAV. You have done everything correctly. So we'll have to look into this further.

I see that you are from Romania, so I've google translated this from English to Romanian and back, so hopefully I am expressing myself correctly.
------------------------
Hi Kristi,
Vă mulțumim pentru a posta WAV. Ați făcut totul corect. Așa că va trebui să se uite în acest departe.

Văd că ești din România, așa că am tradus Google acest din engleză în română și înapoi, deci sperăm că am eu exprima corect.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google translation in romanian is 85% good but i understand english 100% so you can write me in english. In have difficulties only writeing in english.

I found on amazon that a replacement remote for this samsung also works on other satellite and cable receivers: Samsung DCB i560G, Philips DIS 2221, Thomson DCI-12 PRE, Thomson DSI-12 PRE-ND, Humax iFox and is called Original Premiere remote PRC - 20.
Maybe someone have files for those devices. I searched file selection but no result.

I saw that robman in his picture he has done something with key 0 to 9 and those key are the only ones working maybe he can fix the other keys too.

Thanks any way for the interest.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These signals are now decodable with the latest tools. They decode as Humax 4Phase 7.32 .
I installed the upgrade in a remote.
I tested the Numbers, Power, Menu, UpArrow, DownArrow, LeftArrow, and RightArrow.
All the signals match the decodes.

I am unfamilar with the 8060, but I see in the "GENERAL TAB", that there is an unusual channel CH setting. Perhaps you have triggered something there, since only the numeric keys seem to work for you.
kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keys workig are : 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 0. Ch+ Ch- and the key PP that changes between last seen channels.

Very important for are also Menu, directional key and Select.

In can test wav file designed only for one key if you can extract somehow form this KM using your tools.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this would be so easy. We would just use the humax protocol and fill in all the. OBC.

I was wrong. The Humax protocol is broken and I don't know how to do the hex conversions by hand

We need 3Fg or Rob man to give some guidance.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember the history here, but roughly speaking RMIR, protocols.ini, and DecodeIR v2.44 were updated to change to D:6, S:6 from D:7, S:5, but the upgrades weren't. Or something like that. We also renamed the IR protocol from Humax to Humax 4Phase.

Anyway, I have uploaded a revised upgrade for the Humax Fox C, which does load correctly into RMIR and seems to shoot the correct signals. Presumably it will work for the Samsung also.

Once we've established that the upgrade works, then we'll probably need to clean up some of the other upgrades, so that we have functioning ones for the other brands/models. If we don't do that, we'll have a mismatch between any decodes and the device.subdevice numbers in the older upgrades.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps something is wrong with my protocols.ini, but I don't know how to figure out if there is a version later than the one I have. But what Kristy needs right now is to be able to test all the OBCs to see if we can find the Power and Menu keys, since our decodes do not work. But when I enter the OBCs they change into jibberish. The OBCs in that file change into jibberish. I thought I had the latest and greatest, as I updated all of this stuff in April, but apparently I got a bad version of some file because 75% of the OBCs are garbage.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very latest version is at Source Forge, but the ones distributed with 2.02a or newer all should work.
Code:
[Humax 4Phase]
PID=01 DD
CmdParms=OBC:7=0
DefaultCmd=00 00
CmdTranslator=BitExpander(0,3,0,1,4,03,01,08,0C) BitExpander(0,1,12,0,4,01,08)
DevParms=Device:6=7, subDevice:6=32
FixedData=C3 1C 83 33
DeviceTranslator=BitExpander(0,3,4,0,4,03,01,08,0C) BitExpander(1,3,16,0,4,03,01,08,0C)
Notes=
Code.S3C80=2C 5E 42 8B 0E 8F 00 08 08 00 34 00 00 00 00 00 26 B5 73 F6 01 46 56 06 FD F6 01 0A 7B F5 AF
If this corresponds to the entry in your protocols.ini file, then we need something more descriptive than "jibberish" and "garbage".

The upgrade referenced in the first post in this thread was prepared before we understood the Humax 4Phase IR protocol. Rob wrote the executor on partial learns, and I believe that he only really had confidence in the number keys.

I strongly encourage kristy to make a wav file from the upgrade I posted. These OBCs have been tested with the Samsung receiver, I believe.
kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made the wav file from upgrade Humax Fox C and nothing works.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12079
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shoot, I haven't looked at that yet,
and what I have is an image that gives you 127 possible choices minus the 11 that you already had.

I didn't test these to see what they shoot though.

I prepared this file for you,
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12080

kristy_brasov

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i loaded \ transfered the wave you created to my remote. Codes 1174, 0001,0002 are not recognized by the remote so i can not activate and use them. Code 0003 can be selected and use by the remote but nothing works.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristy_brasov wrote:
ok, i loaded \ transfered the wave you created to my remote. Codes 1174, 0001,0002 are not recognized by the remote so i can not activate and use them. Code 0003 can be selected and use by the remote but nothing works.

Doh, I made a rookie mistake and forgot to add the protocol.
Try again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: