JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Controlling Audio Input for Different Devices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenrl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Controlling Audio Input for Different Devices Reply with quote

Hi, it has been almost 2 yrs since I have visited here and my urc 8820 with extender has been working fine as designed thru many iterations but now I want to do something new.

There are times when using a given device, lets say CBL, and I want to change from using the TV audio to using the AUD receiver. Ordinarily I have been simply commanding the AUD on and then having to select the proper input to get the CBL audio if I can remember what number to press.

I would like to have the command be sent to select the proper input after it is turned on. I am thinking that using the DSM protocol would do the trick but I am not sure, never having used it before.

The other option might be to use ToadTOGs to set what device the 8820 is controlling and then testing to see which one that is when turning on the AUD and selecting the input based on that. But I am running out of ToadTOGs, some being used for other purposes.

Any suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a bunch of different approaches to take here.

The most common would be to have no V_ command in the CBL Selection, so pressing TV followed by CBL would have Volume keys control the TV, AUD followed by CBL would have the Volume control would the the AUD while in CBL mode.

How many AUD device selections do you use?
DVD
CD
AUD Tuner
CBL

Instead of memorizing each of the input numbers, keymove the selection discrete into the same key in each mode. Then the burden, just comes to remember one key. No matter what mode you are in, pressing the same key will change the AUD input device.

Does that make sense?
greenrl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky,
Thank you for the interesting suggestion. Yes, it does make sense.
In the meantime, what I have done is to place four DSMs on the M1 button of the 8820 (not used for anything else) one for each of the devices I want to use the AUD sound for: TV, CBL, VCR, and PVR. The DVD is accomplished by a different macro.
The DSMs do the following:
Turns on the AUD to the proper input, lowers the TV volume, and reverts control back to the calling device. Seems to work pretty good and only requires one button push.
Let me think about your approach some more.
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: