JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please need expert advice on RCA RCRP05BR Macro for PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:
OK Vickie so my procedure will work.

procedure for turning TV on w/ discrete code

No this is not the procedure to turn on the TV, it is the procedure to assign the Discrete on to which ever key you chose in step 6.

Then whenever you push that key, the TV will turn on.[/u]

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky I attemped to program my TV w/ a discrete on w/ key #4 however if I press key 4 on it’s on it will turn on the TV (that’s allready off) just like the main power doe’s is this key 4 actualley a discrete power on? I’m thinking key 4 if it was a discrete TV on it would’nt turn the TV (that’s allready off) on.
Edit: I don’t think key 4 is a discrete on because I still can’t jump from PC macro back to TV macro the TV just turns off even though I added key 4 to the PC macro.
New PC macro
1.mode AVR
2.HDMI 3 red button
3.mode PC DVR button
4.main power
5.mode TV
6.discrete TV on button 4
7.toggle (between TV and HDMI) on demand button.
8.mode PC
9.setup for 2 blinks
Here’s how I programmed key #4 as a discrete on.
1.press TV mode. in devices on the top.
2.press & hold setup untill I observe 2 blinks from TV mode.
3.press 994
4.press setup
5.press 00001
6.press key 4
7.setup for 2 blinks
Or should I reverse step 6 w/ step 7?

Thanks for the surport
thebrain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky are you there I'm still confussed about this discrete on for the TV.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread you commented you aren't getting much help in this thread. The reason can be summed up by an earlier post by Vicky:
Quote:
Steve, you present quite a challenge.

Normally we are working with more abstract problems in the forum. You are having trouble with things that should be pretty obvious. We've provided all the discrete codes you requested, but you don't seem to know what a discrete is. It makes it really difficult to help you.

For that very reason, I hate to jump back in, but her comment about you not understanding what a discrete code is rings true - either that or you just had a typo. You said:
Quote:
if I press key 4 on it’s on it will turn on the TV (that’s allready off) just like the main power doe’s is this key 4 actualley a discrete power on? I’m thinking key 4 if it was a discrete TV on it would’nt turn the TV (that’s allready off) on.

A DiscreteON command is sent to guarantee that a device is on. If the device is off, it should turn on. If the device is already on, nothing should happen.

A DiscreteOFF command is sent to guarantee that a device is off. If the device is on it should turn off. If the device is already off, nothing should happen.

A Discrete<select input> command is to select a specific input on the device no matter what the current input state.

The use of a discrete code in a macro is to guarantee a known state of the device before sending other commands that depend on that state, or just to achieve what the user wants.
thebrain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
In another thread you commented you aren't getting much help in this thread. The reason can be summed up by an earlier post by Vicky:
Quote:
Steve, you present quite a challenge.

Normally we are working with more abstract problems in the forum. You are having trouble with things that should be pretty obvious. We've provided all the discrete codes you requested, but you don't seem to know what a discrete is. It makes it really difficult to help you.

For that very reason, I hate to jump back in, but her comment about you not understanding what a discrete code is rings true - either that or you just had a typo. You said:Phil w/ all due respesct I never wrote that I was'nt getting much help I am gratefull for any knowlegde you experts are willing to share
Quote:
if I press key 4 on it’s on it will turn on the TV (that’s allready off) just like the main power doe’s is this key 4 actualley a discrete power on? I’m thinking key 4 if it was a discrete TV on it would’nt turn the TV (that’s allready off) on.
OK so it looks like I do infact have the TV set for a discrete on However The TV still turns off jumping from PC macro to TV macro.A DiscreteON command is sent to guarantee that a device is on. If the device is off, it should turn on. If the device is already on, nothing should happen.

A DiscreteOFF command is sent to guarantee that a device is off. If the device is on it should turn off. If the device is already off, nothing should happen. Phil I'm not using a discrete Off for TV I'm using main power to turn off the TV.

A Discrete<select input> command is to select a specific input on the device no matter what the current input state.

The use of a discrete code in a macro is to guarantee a known state of the device before sending other commands that depend on that state, or just to achieve what the user wants.
Hopefully this issue can be resolved I hope I don't have to use 3 macros to jump from PC back to TV.
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone w/ advice?

even w/ the TV discrete on The TV still turns off jumping from PC macro to TV macro.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:
...even w/ the TV discrete on The TV still turns off jumping from PC macro to TV macro.
On the basis of this statement alone, without being able to understand he rest, a few thoughts:-

Either
1.) the Tv's 'discrete on' is not 'discrete'

Or
2.) Something else is turning the Tv off

If CEC settings have not been discussed it could be worth checking those, together with any other menu settings which might be causing problems: With a samsung Tv, even wth CEC (a.k.a. 'anynet') being off, anything connected by SCART, or involved in re-producing sound through the TV, might be affecting the Tv, or perhaps Tv power might be switched when an Hdmi signal goes off.

Regards
Chris
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
thebrain wrote:
...even w/ the TV discrete on The TV still turns off jumping from PC macro to TV macro.
On the basis of this statement alone, without being able to understand he rest, a few thoughts:-

Either
1.) the Tv's 'discrete on' is not 'discrete' I believe I have the RCAs key #4 programed as a discrete TV on because when I press #4 (when the TV is off it turns on when the TV is on and press #4 the TV stays on

Or

If CEC settings have not been discussed it could be worth checking those, together with any other menu settings which might be causing problems: With a samsung Tv, even wth CEC (a.k.a. 'anynet') being off, anything connected by SCART, or involved in re-producing sound through the TV, might be affecting the Tv, or perhaps Tv power might be switched when an Hdmi signal goes off.

Regards
Chris
Hello Chris yes the CEC is turned on.I havn't made a Macro for my Magnavox DVR yet. I manelly select the input on the AVR then turn Magnavox on I believe when I power down the Magnavox the CEC automatically switchs to TV becauce when powering down the Mag. I see a message disconecting anynet. I actualley want to resolve my issuse w/ jumping from PC back to TV before I make a Magnavox Macro.

I'll try to turn off CEC and see if that is the solution. if it is then I'll make the Magnavox Macro.
Thanks TB
thebrain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
thebrain wrote:

Either
1.) the Tv's 'discrete on' is not 'discrete'

Or

Regards
Chris
Chris I tryed to turn off the CEC anynet also turned off the auto off setting on the Samsung TV however the TV still turns off going from PC macro back to TV macro.

What is SCART?

Looks like I'm forced to have three macros to jump between the two PC and TV macro as disscussed in this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14648
TB
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry not to be any help.
(I believe that 'SCART' is the type of AV connection which was commonly used before Hdmi)
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Sorry not to be any help.
(I believe that 'SCART' is the type of AV connection which was commonly used before Hdmi)

See Wiki. The SCART connector was invented by the French, rumors say to be deliberately incompatible with the US. Sometimes called EURO-connector. It is a catastrophe in particular from a mechanical point of view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: