JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp DT-200 Projector Upgrade Code Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terschen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Sharp DT-200 Projector Upgrade Code Help Reply with quote

I'm looking for help getting upgrade code for a Sharp DT-200 DLP projector. The learned signals show up as device code 13 (frequency 38277) and list 2-3 entries each (the second one listing "back half"). I have plugged the EFCs into Keymap Master using the available "Sharp" or "Sharp DVD" protocol name, but have had no luck getting the upgrade code to work in my RCU810 remote (the other upgrade codes I have uploaded all work fine). I'm wondering if I do not have the correct protocol name (to match the frequency of 38277?), if the multiple entries shown in the learned signals is messing me up, or some other stupid move on my part is to blame? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sharp protocol sends the same command repeatedly while you hold the key but within that repeat it alternates between two different versions of the command, one of which is reported by that decoder as "back half". It is fairly common for either the learning or the decoding to miss the overall pattern and see multiple half signals rather than one whole signal. As long as the command (OBC) is the same in all the halves of one signal nothing serious is wrong.

Many Sharp TVs and projectors use the Sharp protocol with device 13 . This is not the Sharp DVD protocol (Why did you think you needed to try that?).

I don't know why it wouldn't work when you tried the Sharp protocol. If you need more help, you should zip together the saved text file of the upgrade from KM and the saved image from IR in the state in which you tested that upgrade and upload that zip to the diagnosis folder (and post the name of the zip back here). Someone will look at those and spot the error.

Usually I'd also ask for an eeprom image of the learned signals as well, but I assume any expert looking at this has access to the standard Sharp projector signals in one of many files in the JP1 group or at RC.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention what protocol IR.exe says the signals use, does it display one? It sounds like you were just guessing when you tried the two Sharp protocols, this isn't really the right way to go about it, IR usually says what the correct protocol is.

If IR doesn't display a protocol, please post your IR dump in the Diagnosis folder, then someone (most likely John) can take a look at it and see why it wasn't decoded.
terschen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem turned out to be a basic mistake on my part. I don't know how I did it, but I had all the wrong EFCs entered. I swear I entered the correct ones initially, but I must have clobbered them somewhere along the way. After hours of trying all sorts of things, it turned out I was ignoring the obvious error. Thanks for your help guys.

PS. I have one remaining question on another piece of equipment, but I will post a new message so it gets logged correctly. I would appreciate your help on that one also.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, just be sure to load your KM file into the File Section when you're done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: