JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advanced codes for VIZIO TV Model E3D470VX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhowdy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Advanced codes for VIZIO TV Model E3D470VX Reply with quote

1. Device: VIZIO E3D470VX
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RadioShack Kameleon 15-2133
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes - Found 2 KM files that work somewhat - I have tried the VIZIO MasterFile and the one for E Series.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes.
9. Partially working setup code? Yes - see answer from #7
10. Learning remote question? Good idea, but no JP1 cable.
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes.

Using the KM files from the file section, I am able to get code 0178 to work some of the basic functions for the TV such as power, volume, channel+/-, mute, etc. However, I am trying to get keys such as the arrows and particularly the Input and Menu to work. I believe the code I need is 1758, but not sure how to accomplish this. I am new to the world of JP1 and don't have a real interest in purchasing a cable, so I am using the built in wav upgrade feature for now. The Kameleon remote was purchased at a thrift store for $0.99 and appears to work well. If I am successful with this, I would like to figure out how to add the new codes for some of my other equipment and somehow merge the wav files.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't clear to me whether you are entering keymoves using the 994 command or generating a WAV file. In either case, the EFCs for the arrow, Input and Menu in the Vizio Master file are correct. You can also see these EFCs for TV 1758 in the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page).

There's a more complete set of discretes (taken from a RC thread) available as an upgrade for the SV472XVT.

If the EFcs aren't working for you, please describe how you are programming your 2133.
jhowdy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I have been doing it is by using IR to create/export a wav upgrade sound file from the downloaded KM files by cutting and pasting the Upgrade Code box(es) into IR. Besides that, I have made no alterations. IR does give me some sort of error with regard to devices before I export to wav. Should I be making changes to the existing EFCs before continuing? Sorry if I am missing something obvious here. As I stated, I am a newbie to this.

Oh... I forgot to mention the way I have been uploading the wav to the 15-2133. I hold down the P until it flashes and then press the Power button. From what I have read on this forum, it does the same as 997 as far as putting the remote in update mode.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try testing the EFCs by pressing P and then entering a 3 digit EFC while pointing the remote at the TV. Of course, the remote needs to be in TV mode with 0178 as the setup code. Check that the test procedure works by sending Vol+ using EFC = 183.

In this way we can separate any difficulties in making/installing a wav file from the question of which IR signal is needed. Assuming the EFCs are shown to work, but the wav upgrade does not, upload your wav file to the Diagnosis section.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhowdy wrote:
The way I have been doing it is by using IR to create/export a wav upgrade sound file from the downloaded KM files by cutting and pasting the Upgrade Code box(es) into IR. Besides that, I have made no alterations. IR does give me some sort of error with regard to devices before I export to wav.

The invalid devices message from ir only would be an issue if you export the entire image. If you are just exporting the upgrade portion, this does not come into play.

You state that you made no alterations. However when you open a km file, you need to make an alteration of sorts. You need to select the correct remote model and check the function assignments on the buttons tab in km, prior to cutting and pasting the output from km to ir. One of the most common km mistakes is to not change to the proper remote prior to doing the cut. Failing to perform that one operation can have strange results. The upgrade can fail completely or keys can get scrambled, depending on which remote was selected. We don't see that as often now that rmir has come up to speed. But in instances where you must use it, you must remember to do this step.
jhowdy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using IR to export the entire image to a wav file, not just the upgrade. I didn't realize that was an option. The majority of the functions now work like they are supposed to, except for the menu. For some reason, the EFC for the menu command wants to pull up the VIA dock (the bar with available apps for a smart TV). I fixed this by simply re-learning the button from the original remote using the 975 code. Now I am wondering, if I happen create additional upgrade files for my other equipment and export them to separate wav files, will they undo what I have already accomplished, or are they additive in effect? In other words, do they have to be merged somehow, or can I do them separately?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wav file will overwrite everything, so eventually you'll need to generate the entire image. But if you make a wav file for the entire image, all aspects of it have to be valid.

Regarding Menu, see this thread at RemoteCentral.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: