JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Punch Through Unassigned Device?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingofthekicks20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Punch Through Unassigned Device? Reply with quote

So I'm almost done fine-tuning my universal remote. Just need a little help with audio. My equipment:

-Comcast 1067 jp1.2 Universal Remote
-Panasonic P50S1 TV (using code 10250)
-Samsung BD-D3500 Blu-Ray Player (using code 20199)
-Comcast's Xfinity Motorola RNG200N Cable Box (not sure the code, came programmed)
[b]-Vizio S4251w-b4 Sound Bar[/b]

So here's my problem, I only have three programmable devices that I assigned to my TV, blu-ray player, and cable box. I was able to program the soundbar's audio + AND audio - using my vizio's manual. But I still want to program the soundbar's input selector and ON/OFF.

So my question is can I 'punch through' these buttons from an unassigned device (my vizio soundbar)? How would I do this?

I dug up the codes for the sound bar from another post:

Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 11144 (2 blinks)
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00169 - Vol Up - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00168 - Vol Down - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00037 - Mute - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00165 - Power - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00164 - Input - Should get 2 blinks

If I could program the soundbar to turn off with the "All Power" Button that'd be great too.

Thank you in advance for your help!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you working with a cable or without?

There are many ways to do most of what you want, however the All-Power thing will be a no-go on this remote unless you use the extender.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume no cable. But there is a technique where you temporarily assign the Aux setup code to some other device, then key copy to another device mode, then change the setup code back to what it was before. The Aux device commands you moved remain intact.
kingofthekicks20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help! mdavej, I was able to do exactly what you said. I assigned my aux device to my soundbar and programmed the input switch. Then I reprogrammed aux to match my blu-ray player. It works beautifully.

Now my only issue is with coding my Panasonic P50S1 (10250). Searching through threads it appears I'm not the only one with this problem: I am unable to assign input changes with the click of one button. I've tried all the codes for 10250, so it looks like I'll have to find a work around. Otherwise, not the worst thing in the world, I'll have to live with switching to the 'tv' input on my remote, selecting 'input', then down-arrowing to the proper selection.

Thanks for the input all.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some upgrades with discrete codes that work with a Panasonic Combo. You have a Panasonic Mix Combo built in. I'm not quite sure how that differs from a straight combo, but I calculated some EFC's that that may work with setup code 10650. (TV/0650 for other remotes)
61749 Discrete Input - Composite 1
61237 Discrete Input - Composite 2
62261 Discrete Input - Composite 3
16181 Discrete Input - PC
54561 Discrete Input - HDMI 1
55585 Discrete Input - HDMI 2
55073 Discrete Input - HDMI 3
15393 Discrete Input - Component 1
16417 Discrete Input - Component 2
20021 Discrete Power On

Test them, before you set them up as keymoves.

Change the TV setup code 10650
Then select the TV key
Press setup, followed by the 5 digit sequence
(make sure the remote is pointed at the TV when you press the last digit)
and see if any of them work.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: