JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ROKU upgrade for URC-6690

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronmon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: ROKU upgrade for URC-6690 Reply with quote

1. Device: ROKU XD (and others)
2. Type of device: Media Streamer
3. Year: 2012?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6690
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No

I have been using the ROKU KM file "Roku_2_XS" [Robman-Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 pm] on a 15-2104 (and 8910) and it works great! But now I need it on a URC-6690, and I can't get it to work. I assume the protocol is different for the processor, but not sure what to do with it. Suggestions? Again, The KM file works great for the other remotes.

There was a post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14040
That seemed to come close to an answer (I noticed the above Roku_2_XS was referenced there), but did not see another resolution.

I noticed there are RM files, but over the 8 years I have played with this stuff, I have never gotten RM to work. Tried again on a new PC; won't launch (RMIR appears to work however). But that may be for a future post, really just looking for a 6690 KM fix - can you help?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the problem with using Rob's upgrade is that it was made for a Samsung processor, while the 6690 uses a Motorola. So the executor won't work.

However, Rob used a custom executor, to match a kind of toggle behavior he saw in the learns. By now, based on Slingbox and Harmony, it is clear that simply using NEC2 as the protocol and the OBCs from Rob's upgrade will work very well.

So you can use KM; select NEC2 as the protocol, and enter in Rob's OBCs. Do not use EFCs, because these are different between Rob's custom executor, and the standard NEC 005A executor.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to need a different cable then your jp1 remotes use, since the urc-6690 is jp1.3 remote.
ronmon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will give it a shot tonight.

Also, I have the other cable. I have been using the 6690; I just need ROKU on it now. Thanks for pointing that out however.

This forum is great!
ronmon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It initially didn't work, but with the information you sent I went back to the thread referenced in my initial post. I noticed it had: "Nec2; Dev 234, Sub Dev 194". When I added the Dev & Sub Dev, it worked Great!

Thanks again!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: