JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade Files - Cross Reference - jp1-master
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Files - Cross Reference - jp1-master Reply with quote

We have just created a spreadsheet that lists the details of all the upgrade files in the file section. You can search by brand, model, protocol or anything else.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8487

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:13 am; edited 5 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just updated this spreadsheet to version 1.02.

One of the new features is a column (column B) which contains links to the file in question on this web site. You can use the drop down menu in cell B1 to determine whether the link is a View, Edit or Download link.

The next column contains links to the files on your local harddrive (this is assuming that you have downloaded them all). Cell C1 contains the actual address of the main folder on your harddrive. It's a drop-down menu also, this is to allow you to enter more than one address. I use it to switch between Work and Home. The first 5 characters are the label, the rest are the address.

I have also fixed a lot of files and I have entered the PIDs for all of the protocols.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just released version 1.03.

I have now gone through all the files that use the $016C protocol as "Manual Settings" or "Dreambox" etc and have converted them to use the proper XMP protocol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.05 is complete.

All the upgrades that use $012A now use the MCE protocol.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: JP1 Master Opinions wanted Reply with quote

It has come to my attention that many of the seasoned forum visitors don't know about the JP1 Master spreadsheet. I find this to be an indispensable tool. I think one of the reasons it is overlooked is the name.

Do you know this spreadsheet exists?

Do you use the JP1 Master 1.10 spreadsheet?

Where do you think it belongs?
    Tools-> Main
    Tools-> Programs
    Device Upgrades

What do you think it should be named?

JP1 Upgrade Summary
    JP1 Device Upgrade Catalog
    JP1 Upgrade Xref
    Don't change a thing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 Master Opinions wanted Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Er, I do now? It appears to have been downloaded 21064 times so I guess a few other people haven't had any trouble finding it, though.

vickyg2003 wrote:

Hadn't until now. But I agree it is useful. I think in a previous posting I suggested that those uploading upgrades should include the Protocol, Device Number etc. in the file description so it was easier to index them. For anyone with way too much time on their hands they could make a spreadsheet with all the button codes from those upgrades - surprisingly the difficult bit is not in extracting the data but in deciding what a function is called (Aspect, Aspect Ratio, Screen Format etc.) for each device.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Where do you think it belongs?

Tools -> Main

vickyg2003 wrote:
What do you think it should be named?

JP1 Upgrade Summary
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: JP1 Master Opinions wanted Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Er, I do now? It appears to have been downloaded 21064 times so I guess a few other people haven't had any trouble finding it, though.

Well that's not a clear indication of how many people are using it. The spamming network appears to pick up anything that has links in it. Every once in a while, I run a check for files I have posted, to see if there was anything to clean up. I was astounded to see that one of my documents had been downloaded 10,000 times. When I went to check to see what was so popular. it was a spreadsheet with a couple of thousand links in it. It was sent to someone in a PM link, and neither of us thought to delete it.

Quote:

vickyg2003 wrote:

Hadn't until now. But I agree it is useful. I think in a previous posting I suggested that those uploading upgrades should include the Protocol, Device Number etc. in the file description so it was easier to index them. For anyone with way too much time on their hands they could make a spreadsheet with all the button codes from those upgrades - surprisingly the difficult bit is not in extracting the data but in deciding what a function is called (Aspect, Aspect Ratio, Screen Format etc.) for each device.

no kidding. Even across the JP1 RDF's that I used to name the functions for the LookupTool that was a huge undertaking.

Quote:

[quote="vickyg2003"]Where do you think it belongs?

Tools -> Main

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, great job Vicky (and others) have done! Very Happy

As a principle, I am of the opinion that this sort of information belongs in a Wiki, or other form of online browsable documentation. I hate to have to download a document, saving it, possibly unzipping it, and then fire up suitable viewer program, just in order to determine what file I really want. Since the document is a dynamic one, there is always the hassle to determine if the already downloaded file is up-to-date, or if I need to download a newer one.

Secondly, there are documents, and there are tools. Although sometimes the demarcation can be non-trivial (a program containing a data base, or a spreadsheet containing macros for example), this is definitely a document and not a tool. It should therefore not be archived in the Tools section -- people do not look for a document there.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully I've rarely used it, in fact I had forgotten that it was there. It's easier for me to just go to the files section and find what I want than making sure that I have the latest EXCEL sheet.

But if you continue to maintain it I would call it a catalog and keep it at the top level of the upgrades section.

something like JP1 device upgrade catalog or some such.

BTW, what would be really cool would be for RM/RMIR to know of its existence and open the thing from the web if you want to search for an upgrade for the device you have. Since the links to the upgrades are already there, the tools could use this as a database

So for example, I'm trying to find an upgrade for a Yamaha receiver. I tell RMIR to search for an upgrade, fill in the appropriate boxes, it reaches out, finds this file, parses it, and returns the results to me. Then I click on the one I want and it automatically downloads and imports it.

Even better would be for RMIR to put stuff back, automatically, every time someone creates an upgrade. It would go out, check for something that has identical codes in it and if so manage/merge comments, etc if there is nothing there it saves it and updates the database.

yea, I know, Graham and team have other things to do with their time and no, I don't have time to work on this stuff. I barely have time to redo my remotes when I change a piece of equipment.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify:
As much as I'd like to take credit for it, this is not my work. 3fg is the other of this spreadsheet. I just use it EVERYDAY.

My problem with it, is that it seems to be generally unknown by all but the hardest-core forum junkies. It is really a great resource.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's JP1-Master_1.11.xls with all upgrades (except UEI official and WAV files) and also Slingbox RM files. File dates up to May 17, 2014.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That is one of my favorite jp1 tools. It really stream lines the search process. Well done!

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1Master has been updated to version 12.

The recent change of host site has required some changes in the way we scrape the files from this site. Additionally, a user needs to be logged in to the site in order to download files. So in the spreadsheet, when clicking on the view link, your browser should open to the download page for the file, and you'll need to click the Download button in your browser. If instead the browser opens the forum main page, please log in to hifi-remote.com/forums, and be sure to check the "Log me on automatically each visit" check box.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1Master has been updated to version 13.
A user needs to be logged in to this site in order to download files. So in the spreadsheet, when clicking on the view link, your browser should open to the download page for the file, and you'll need to click the Download button in your browser. If instead the browser opens the forum main page, please log in to hifi-remote.com/forums, and be sure to check the "Log me on automatically each visit" check box.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1Master.xls has been upgraded to version 14.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: