JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please need expert advice on RCA RCRP05BR Macro for PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebrain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Please need expert advice on RCA RCRP05BR Macro for PC Reply with quote

Here’s my watch PC macro coming from my watch TV macro. I believe I’m missing just one step from completing the PC macro. I believe the Yamaha is where the problem is.

Devices
RCA RCRP05BR

Yamaha RXV465 (AVR) w/ discrete code 176 4
Samsung PN58C500 (TV) w/ discrete code 0812
PC w/ discrete code 1972

1.press mode AVR (which is already programmed as discrete because it’s already on and stays on).

2.set AVR to HDMI 3 red button (which I have a button programed on the RCA for PC).

3.mode PC

4.power on PC W/ main power , W/ DVR mode Windows Media center code Video 1972

5. I believe TV is already set w/ a discrete TV code 0812 because it’s already on and stays on.

Result is AVR switchs to HDMI3 (which is PC) PC comes on, TV loses audio and stays on TV channel.

Any expert advice is appreciated STB
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone w/ advice please.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
are you saying this sequence works manually, but not as a macro?

If not, find the sequence that works manually and program that in.

Really, isn't it about time you broke down and bought a cable so you can actually see what you are doing?
thebrain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Steve,
are you saying this sequence works manually, but not as a macro?

If not, find the sequence that works manually and program that in.

Really, isn't it about time you broke down and bought a cable so you can actually see what you are doing?
Vicky no it won't work manuelly.

I beleive the problem is w/ the Yamaha
when in watch TV macro the setting are

TV settings
Yamaha YAM is set to "AV 1

PC settings
Samsung TV Samsung TV is set to "HDMI 2"
Yamaha YAM Yamaha YAM is set to "HDMI 3"

eventualley I get the cable when I have time currently will be satisfied w/ 2 working macros TV / PC.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vicky no it won't work manuelly.

Before you can expect a macro to work, you must have a sequence of button presses that do what you want. Putting a sequence of presses that do not work into a macro will not magically cure your problem.

So... You don't have a macro problem. You have a problem with a button press that does not work and it isn't clear from your post what it is. You should know what you expect each button to do. Press them one at a time, in sequence, and watch what happens. If the right thing happens, press the next one in sequence. When something does not work as you expect - that is the problem that needs addressing. Pressing anything else will just confuse things.

Now that you have it isolated to a single button press that does not work as you expect try the sequence again, but when you get to the problem one, use the original remote and see if it functions as you expect. If it does, you need to figure out why the RCA is not sending the same command. If it does not, maybe your expectation is wrong.

When you have it clarified, post you question and the RMIR file that fails here and maybe someone can help.
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil I understand trying each button manuelly then programing the macro.
I don't have the orginal Yamaha remote however the Yamaha doe's switch to the corect HDMI ports I'm thinking this AV1 port is messing things up.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I am still guessing here, but from bits and pieces of your earlier posts, I think what you are saying is that the TV needs to switch to HDMI2 as input when you want to watch the PC and this isn't happening. You didn't mention that step in your first post, so I don't know exactly where your problem lies.

I assume that the Samsung TV has a discrete code to switch its input to HDMI2. Is that assigned a button? Have you tested that button? Is that button in your macro or your manual procedure you are trying? Why do we have to keep guessing about what your problem really is? Why do we have to keep guessing about what things you have tried?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last suggestion. Many devices won't let you switch to an HDMI source if the connected source is not turned on. But it is really unclear what the actual problem is here. We are totally reliant on what you post and you don't seem to be providing complete information. we don't have an it or rmir file for documentation. You seem to be skipping steps as you mention turning the TV to hdmi2 source but don't include it in your macro steps
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last suggestion. Many devices won't let you switch to an HDMI source if the connected source is not already turned on. So it might be wise to turn on the PC before you connect to it.

But it is really unclear what the actual problem is here. We are totally reliant on what you post and you don't seem to be providing complete information. We don't have an ir or rmir file for documentation as we sould if you were using JP1 tools. You seem to be skipping steps as you mention turning the TV to hdmi2 source but don't include it in your macro steps.

Quote:
PC settings
Samsung TV Samsung TV is set to "HDMI 2"
Yamaha YAM Yamaha YAM is set to "HDMI 3"

Quote:
Result is AVR switchs to HDMI3 (which is PC) PC comes on, TV loses audio and stays on TV channel.

This seems to indicate that the Yamaha will tune to HDMI3 even when the PC is off but which step of your macro is set Samsung TV to HDMI2?
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Here’s my progress working TV & PC Macro kindof. Reply with quote

Here’s my progress working TV & PC Macro kindof.
TV Macro
mode AVR
Live button (which turns on AVR)
input AV1 (button #4)
Mode TV
Main power (turns on TV)
then Manuelly press toggle (on demand button)

PC Macro
Mode AVR
HDMI3 red button
Mode PC DVR button
Main power
Mode TV
Toggle (on demand button)
Mode PC
I allway start w/ watch TV this Macro works fine except I can't seam to add the toggle (on demand button) to sequence, I can live w/ manuelly adding toggle.

From watch TV Macro I press PC Macro also works fine and there's no need to press the toggle button manelly.

The only problem is going from PC Macro back to TV Macro the TV powers off I need to resolve this issuse.

I believe the TV should stay on w/ its discrete code 0812 blick test confirms code results

TV 0812. since the TV stays on when I jump from TV to PC this must be a discrete code?
I am reduced to going back to TV from PC manelley
Here’s the sequence I’m using
Mode AVR
TV button (switchs AVR input back to AV1)
Mode TV
Toggle (on demand)
any advice is apresheated STB.
thebrain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone there I still waiting for advice.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you present quite a challenge.

Normally we are working with more abstract problems in the forum. You are having trouble with things that should be pretty obvious. We've provided all the discrete codes you requested, but you don't seem to know what a discrete is. It makes it really difficult to help you.

Quote:

TV 0812. since the TV stays on when I jump from TV to PC this must be a discrete code?

no, you are pressing the TV/MAIN POWER button in the TV macro. 99% of the time, the UEI implementation of Main Power is a toggle button. (Yamaha is an exception to the rule) When you are in TV mode, pressing the Main Power will alternate between turning your TV on and OFF.

In previous postings, we gave you codes for discrete on and discrete off for your Samsung TV. But without a cable, there is no way to assign these codes to the main power button, because the main power button is one of the few buttons that doesn't allow keymoves. If you used the Discrete ON instead of the Main Power, you wouldn't have the TV turning off when you run the TV macro. Did you bother to assign "tv discrete on" to a key with a keymove?

The reason the on Demand needs to be pressed manually, is that your TV needs to be on for a few seconds before it is ready to receive the command. Re arranging your macro, so that there are other keypresses between the power on, and the On Demand Toggle might be able to fix this problem.
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vickie OK my TV Macro needs a discrete on button (besides the main power button)
Samsung TV
TV 0812
On 00001
Off 00253
procedure for turning TV on w/ discrete code
1. press TV mode. in devices on the top.

2.press & hold setup untill I observe 2 blinks from TV mode.

3.press 994

4.press setup

5.press 00001

6.press any button for discrete TV on
then substitute the current main power for discrete TV on power doe’s procedure sound correct for entering a discrete code for TV? I’m thinking I need a step 7 setup to save what I’ve just entered?

?.I’ll leave the TV main power button alone so I’ll have an option to manelly turn off / on TV just leave it out of the TV macro.

Thanks Vickie for the surport
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:
Hello Vickie OK my TV Macro needs a discrete on button (besides the main power button)

Yes your macro needs a Discrete_On button, instead of the Main Power.

[quote]
Samsung TV
TV 0812
On 00001
Off 00253

3.press 994

4.press setup

5.press 00001

then substitute the current main power for discrete TV on power doe’s procedure sound correct for entering a discrete code for TV? I’m thinking I need a step 7 setup to save what I’ve just entered?

[quote]

No when you press a button, the keymove will be saved.
However if you want to save it to a shifted button, step 6 would be
"press Setup, then the target button"

Quote:

?.I’ll leave the TV main power button alone so I’ll have an option to manelly turn off / on TV just leave it out of the TV macro.

The remote will not allow keymoves to be placed on the main power, so you really don't have any choice but to leave it alone.

So if you want the "Watch TV" macro to power on your equipment, this will do it.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Vickie so my procedure will work.

3.press 994

4.press setup

5.press 00001

?

I was thinking I had to enter the 5 digit 00001 code as a EFC?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: