JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8308 R01
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radioFAB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: URC-8308 R01 Reply with quote

Hi all I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a workaround I have 2 URC-8308 1 is R01 the other is R02 after many hours of fun!!! I was finally told by One4all that the KeyMagic does not work on R01 because of a bug.
I did find a few references to this on this forum but my question is cab anything be done or is it a piece of junk.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a piece of junk, and you can make keymoves work if you have a JP1.2/1.3 flash cable. If you don't have an interface cable, one can be made for $20 or so.

See this thread and post, which provides a fix for the R01 remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is a learning remote. If so, sometimes you can use a learn instead of a key move, although the memory reserved for learns is limited, and some protocols don't lend themselves to learning because they need to toggle (rc5) or they have too many timing nuances (xmp).

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
It's not a piece of junk, and you can make keymoves work if you have a JP1.2/1.3 flash cable. If you don't have an interface cable, one can be made for $20 or so.

See this thread and post, which provides a fix for the R01 remote.

Many thanks for the reply that sounds interesting can you tell me more, there is no connection visible like other remotes just a battery screw cap.
No i don't want to learn there are too many keymoves to do.
Any help or pint me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread tells how to open the remote. But it looks quite difficult to open, and to install a connection to a JP1.2/1.3 flash cable.

Another approach is to convert the upgrade which fixes the keymove bug into a WAV file which can then be uploaded to your remote with the built in modem. One issue: any programming or previously uploaded upgrades will be over written by the new WAV file.

If you want to try this, we can provide you with a WAV file. We don't have much experience with the 8308, so I suppose there is some small risk of bricking the remote.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
This thread tells how to open the remote. But it looks quite difficult to open, and to install a connection to a JP1.2/1.3 flash cable.

Another approach is to convert the upgrade which fixes the keymove bug into a WAV file which can then be uploaded to your remote with the built in modem. One issue: any programming or previously uploaded upgrades will be over written by the new WAV file.

If you want to try this, we can provide you with a WAV file. We don't have much experience with the 8308, so I suppose there is some small risk of bricking the remote.

Your help is really appreciated thank you.
OK the sound option can the fix be added to a soundfile I already have which has my devices on, I have the R01 & R00 sound files, is it tagged at the end or the beginning of the original one4all sound file or is that not possible.
If not I'm willing to buy the lead and can use a soldering iron as I used to be a radio service engineer.
Peter
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post the sound file for both remotes, marking clearly which WAV file corresponds to the bad remote, then we should be able to combine the keymove fix into one new WAV file that has everything.

Or we can do a WAV file that only has the keymove fix, and after applying the fix, you can reload the original WAV file.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are, so once the fix.WAV has been applied uploading new wav files won’t remove the fix, if that’s the case that would be brilliant, all need is the file, but if a new file will erase the fix then I only need to send you the R01 that is the remote with the KeyMagic problem the R00 KeyMagic is fine.
I do have the email to be sent when there is a reply to the post but it don’t work, is it just me.
Peter
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't email me the file. Instead upload it to the Diagnosis Area of the File Section, and post a link to it here. That way others can also benefit. I prefer that you upload both remotes files, so we can compare them.

Are the two remotes labeled as R00 and R01 or R01 and R02? I had thought the older version was the one that didn't correctly handle keymoves.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wav files are made up for my equipment by one4all so they wont be of much use to anyone else, but of cause I don’t mind doing so, so just the fix would be better as long as it can’t be overwritten.
My original remote the old one R00 works KeyMagic but the second generation 01 don’t, I can check if you know the other code which gives you the led blink out as I done it on the phone with one4all
radioFAB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found out 100%, R00 KeyMagic works, R01 KeyMagic Does Not Work R02 I haven’t got one so I don’t know.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please upload the OneForAll WAV files. I want to make sure that I can reproduce them with our tools.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the problem remote R01 and the WAV file to use with it.
Can't work out how to link to the file, search for: One4All URC-8308
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I fixed your link so a search isn't necessary.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioFAB wrote:
Can't work out how to link to the file, search for: One4All URC-8308

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but my method of finding my link is to click on the "File Section" Link at the top of the page, and the newest files for the category are there for clicking. If I am looking for something earlier, I do a file search on my author's name.

Here is a link to your file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11969

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: