JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung HW e450 Soundbar code for Xfinity Red Ok Button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigger1955

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Samsung HW e450 Soundbar code for Xfinity Red Ok Button Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung HW E450
2. Type of device: Soundbar
3. Year: 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Xfinity RED ok button
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? No
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? NA
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. I am somewhat confused. The codes I find are four digit while the remote requires a five digit code.

I have the soundbar conncected from the optical output. I would like to be able to control the on and off operation as well as the volume from the Xfinity remote control
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this thread, the Directv receiver upgraded the UEI made remote with code 32609.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lookup Tool is so easy to use that many people don't read the instructions. Most UEI remotes use a 4 digit setup code, but the remote has to be in the correct device mode (TV , Cable, Audio, etc.) in order for the setup code to work. Others, like Xfinity, use a 5 digit setup code in which the first digit implies the type of device. You'll see that in the Access column.

I believe the E450 uses the Samsung IR protocol, device 48.15. The standard Comcast/Xfinity red button remote can't send device 48. There is a new model, which looks identical, but which has newer setup codes. You can use the 983 command to blink back the remote signature to determine if you have the newer version. The old remote will blink back 3039, while the new remote blinks back 2556.

If you have the new remote try setup code 32609 or 22609. If you have the older remote, a $20 JP1 cable will allow you to upload an upgrade which sill control the soundbar.
biz79

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have a similar problem and was researching potential options/fixes when I ran across this thread.

I have a Samsung sound bar hw-f550 (2013 model) and the Comcast silver remote with red ok button that blinks back 3039.

I tried the codes that 3FG linked anyway and confirm that they don't work with my remote (obviously, since 3FG explained they wouldn't but still was worth a shot).

Since the codes failed, I'm interested in the JP1 cable option, but haven't done a lot of research yet.

I thought that I read somewhere that even with the working code on a Comcast remote, at best, I would only be able to turn my sound bar on/off. But if I have the JP1 cable, would I be able to program the Comcast remote to also change the volume of the soundbar, and add other functions that the the soundbar remote already does?

Thanks in advance,
Biz
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the following functions for the HW-C450:
Power (toggle)
Mute
Vol+
Vol-
S/W Level
Sound Mode
Auto Power
O/A Input
S.Vol
DRC
AV Sync

Samsung is pretty good about carrying the same codes over to subsequent models, so I expect all of these IR signals will work. The Comcast remote is not a learner, so you would have to experiment to find any other functions. The above functions all fall in an OBC range of 112 to 126, so other functions are likely to be close to these.
biz79

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info 3FG!

I just got my jp1 cable in the mail and am starting to soak in the information from guides and similar forum posts, while I have some free time at work.

To get the functions that you described above for the HW-C450, do I just follow the help guide on uploading an upgrade since one already exists for the HW-C450? Or is there more to it since the setup code is not known by the comcast 1067b remote.

Here's a summary of the help guide steps i was planning to follow:
Summary 1 - Loading an Upgrade

Download the upgrade file from the File Section.
Load it into KM using KM's "LOAD" button (in the Setup sheet)
Change the remote to your remote.
Enter any addition functions that you have codes for in the Functions sheet.
Re-arrange the buttons as you see fit in the Buttons sheet.
Copy the code blocks from the Setup sheet over to IR.
Assign the new setup code to a device button in IR and re-load into your remote
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing to do is to use the RMIR instructions and software. It's much easier to use, and you're less likely to leave out a step. RMIR is under active development and is the software that most of us use. When you get to a high level of JP1 expertise, you might find IR to be useful.

I would start by simply loading the upgrade. If the upgrade is missing some functions, then we can try to figure out the missing OBCs.
biz79

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEEET SUCCESS! 3FG - Thanks so much for your help! You are the man!

As you suggested, I uploaded the hw-c450 profile to my Comcast remote and can now control the more important functions of my soundbar!

The main ones included with the older profile were Power toggle, Volume +/-, Source, DRC and Smart Volume. These alone cover most of my daily uses with the Soundbar.

Since the comcast remote isn't a learning remote, will it be difficult to get missing functions from my hw-f550 remote added to this profile? There's 4 more functions I'd like to add: subwoofer +/-, Sound effect, and 3d Sound plus.

If it's too much trouble, I definitely could make due with these Very Happy
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's time to experiment. Look at the OBC values for the 450. They are 112, 113, 117, and 119 through 126. Since 114, 115, 116, and 118 are missing, add 4 new functions to the upgrade, fill in the additional OBCs, and see if the sound bar responds. If it doesn't, try just below 112 and just above 126.
biz79

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I fiddled around w/ the OBC codes like you suggested and managed to find the rest of the missing features.

Would you suggest that I create an upgrade file to add to the database? If so, do I just click on the profile and save as?

Thanks so much 3FG! Time to watch some TV now Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biz79 wrote:
Nice! Would you suggest that I create an upgrade file to add to the database?

Yes we encourage everyone to upload their RM or KM files. In the beginners forum there is A sticky about creating a better upgrade. It covers the recommended naming convention and such.

Creating a better upgrade

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: