JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha RX-V465 setup button only up nav, & no OK RESOLVE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebrain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V465 setup button only up nav, & no OK RESOLVE Reply with quote

Yamaha RX-V465 setup button however only up nav, & no OK

3FG was nice enough to provide these instructions to get my setup and power on buttons functionale on my Yamaha.
"Assign Setup code 1476 to the Audio device button. Let's choose the Guide button to perform the Setup function. (There is a button labeled Setup on the remote, but that's for setting up the remote, and it isn't programmable. We're going to use the remote's Setup button to program in the 465's Setup function)

Tap Audio
1) Press Setup until the remote blinks twice
2) Enter 994 (2 blinks)
3) Tap Setup
4) Enter 62661
5) Tap Guide
The remote should blink twice and now tapping the Guide button will send the Setup function to the receiver.

The Power button on the remote will shut off the receiver, but won't power it on. You will need to program another button to turn on the receiver. I would use the Live button (adjacent to Power) and assign 12485 to Live using the above procedure. Or, if you prefer a Power Toggle function, assign 36741 to Live.

I choose the live button for on and main power for off

Yuu can program in any 465 function using the above procedure.

[Note to JP1 experts: The Setup function EFC is 62661 (NEC 122 OBC 132. Bit 5 in the hex data must be zero in order to get the subdevice sent correctly.] "

The setup button will take the Yam. to the setup menu and allow me to navigate only up & down I don't have right or left navigation (to change values) also no OK button (to save settings).

Will these right, left and OK buttons need to be learned? or is there a code?
I kindof what to limit the learns to only when I have to use a learn to conserve memery.

additionale info.

1. Device: Yamaha RX-V465
2. Type of device: AVR audio reciever
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCAPO5b
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? yes
10. Learning remote question? no
11. Have you tried the no

Thanks TB

Last edited by thebrain on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - is your remote not RCA RCRP05B but RCAPO5b?
2 - Yamaha is nasty,
I don't have 465, but perhaps my 567 is similar.
Here the 5-digit EFCs are different and also Rob cooked up some protocol, but I don't recall any details.
In any case, take a shot at these 5-digit EFCs which I just copied from the below linked file
Setup 62693
Left 15077
Right 14053
OK (Enter on my 567 remote) 09957

Yamaha RX-V567(RCRP05B).txt
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9583
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,
TB is trying to setup his RCRP05B without using a cable. The EFCs you've given work fine if loaded in an upgrade, but bit 5 of all the hex data has to be cleared in order for the executor to send the correct subdevice number when programmed manually.

He already has the correct EFC for Setup (quoted in the first post) and the RCRP05B does send the correct signals for arrow left and arrow right. I guess that at some point, TB assigned some other EFCs or perhaps a macro to those 2 buttons. He can either clear the buttons using the 994 and 995 command instructions, or assign EFCs
left 15045
right 14021
The RCRP05B doesn't send any signal from the OK button, so he should assign:
Enter 09925

Note that these EFCs are different than yours by 32.
thebrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Liz and 3fg I look inside the battery compartment and see RCRP05B.

Yes I am just starting out w/ the RCA so currently just entering codes.
I have only assigned a code to one button thats above the guide and exit, the Live button to power on the Yamaha. all the other buttons above the guide and exit are pre mapped after I entered 1972 code in DVR mode for the windows media center.

I use WMC the most so I have'nt had time to thoughly test each of my remaining playback devices the Magnavox DVR and the Sony BD.

I tryed all the codes from the instruction sheet for the Mag.
none worked Vicky sugested 0675 (which I think is a EFC since it's 5 digits) in DVD mode, blink test revelves 06751.
and can confirn that the left, right arrow functions so doe's the OK.
However the Mag is missing the menu button this is for up and down navigation (used the orginal remote to get menu and the RCA nav. up/down doe's work.

Besides the menu and the HDD, DVD and title seams like all other Mag keys are working apparently I'll have to program unused keys
I'd like list to be the title have'nt decided on the other buttons yet. I'm welcome suggestions.
I'll chech the Sony BD Nav. and report back.

Thanks alot you Guys for the surport TB
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so nobody else gets the wrong idea, the correct Mag setup code is 0675 as Vicky said. There is no such setup code as 06751.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Ouch. Sorry. I had no idea about bit 5.
thebrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Liz,
TB is trying to setup his RCRP05B without using a cable. The EFCs you've given work fine if loaded in an upgrade, but bit 5 of all the hex data has to be cleared in order for the executor to send the correct subdevice number when programmed manually.

He already has the correct EFC for Setup (quoted in the first post) and the RCRP05B does send the correct signals for arrow left and arrow right. I guess that at some point, TB assigned some other EFCs or perhaps a macro to those 2 buttons. He can either clear the buttons using the 994 and 995 command instructions, or assign EFCs
left 15045
right 14021
The RCRP05B doesn't send any signal from the OK button, so he should assign:
Enter 09925

Hello 3FG
Problem resolved.

I used this procedure, only for the OK button, strangely enought when I was able to get into( w/ the OK button) the sub rotinue of Yamahas setup,
for config,level,distance,EQ,test tone etc.

I now have right and left navigation, so I can change and save values.

There was no need to program left and right navigation.
Tap Audio
1) Press Setup until the remote blinks twice
2) Enter 994 (2 blinks)
3) Tap Setup
4) Enter 62661
5) Tap OK
The remote should blink twice and now tapping the Guide button will send the Setup function to the receiver.

? in step three when I 3) Tap Setup is this a shifted key?

Thanks alot you all remote experts this makes my day.

Next I'm consentrating on sorting out the unfriendly Magnavox.
TB
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in step three when I 3) Tap Setup is this a shifted key?
No, the press of Setup in step 3 tells the remote that the number entered in Step 4 is an EFC. If you want to assign an EFC to a shifted button, insert a press of Setup just before step 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: