JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05BR will I need 3 Macros to jump between 2 Macros?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebrain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Hmm, I thought we were looking for discretes for working codes, but apparently we don't have working codes.

What exactly are we trying to do here?
we have working codes so far for TV,PC,AVR and possiablley DVD (magnavox).

I would like the discrete codes so I can assign a Macro to each mode key like
pH7_jp1 has the remote setup. like in post 5.

Thanks TB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your Blu-RAy you need Video Code 1516

In order to get your CBL button to send a Video code you need to redefine the device button with a 992 command.
Redefining a Device button

Your setup is getting very complicated. I think that you said you didn't want to get into programming, but if you download IR or RMIR you could document your setup so that you can more easily communicate what your remote is doing when you need expert help.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
thebrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky this is my plan to start with four macros assigned to the prelabled lighted buttons.TV,PC,DVR & BD.

I'm thinking since the lighted buttons (acording to the RCA instructions) can't be assigned a macro then assign the macro to the lower keys then just do a reassign to the lighted keys?

watch TV macro1
1.press mode AVR
2.power on w/ live button
3.set to AV1 button #4 (which I have a button programed on the RCA for)which is actualley HDMI2 (output of AVR)
4.mode TV
5.power on TV

watch PC macro2
1.press mode AVR
2.set AVR to HDMI 3 red button (which I have a button programed on the RCA for PC)
3.mode PC
4.power on PC
This gets me to my PCs desktop so I have the option to use PC for browsing the net of regular PC stuff.
I have the RCAs light green button programmed to open WMC and the adjacent + button to close WMC.

See Vicky the reason I thought I needed 3 Macros to jump between 2 macro because I did'nt know about discrete codes.(still don't know how to incorporate them into the macros)

watch DVD (Magnavox515 DVR)
1.press mode AVR
2.set to HDMI port #4
3.I believe the 515 will automaticalley turn on by just activating the HDMI port though the CEC of TV

The Sony BD play works the same on HDMI port 2 AVR input.
1.press mode AVR
2.set to HDMI port #2

Thanks TB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically before I start planning macros, I have all my devices up and running with the remote. Too my way of thinking you have the cart before the horse.

The CEC stuff is beyond my expertise level, although I see that has come into play 2 times this week so I should see if any of my new equipment has CEC capability.

I still think it would be a good idea to document where you are going by using IR or RMIR to do your planning. As I said it really makes communications with the JP1 experts easier than sifting through a whole lot of threads.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
thebrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky I have the macros for TV & PC working correctly.
The Magnavox's macro is. (from TV or PC)
1.press mode AVR
2.set to HDMI port #4
3.toggle power
when I go to a differnt device TV or PC the CEC of the TV automatically turns off the Mag. However go to Sony from Magnavox the Sony comes on but the Mag. also stays on.
So I'll have some adjusting between Mag. and Sony for unused devices staying on.

As far as the CEC looks like when I go from Magnavox or Sony to watch TV or watch PC then both turn off though CEC. if I go from Sony to Mag. or vice versa both need to be powered off. I'll sort out the Sony steps also.

I looked over the JP1 web. site for IR RMIR documenting
not sure how this should be documented is this a excel spreadsheat? do you have a link w/ instructions?
Thanks TB
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky I have all 4 Macro working they are'nt Macros yet they are just key
press's
Hopefully w/ you'r expert help and discrete codes I can have each macro assigned to each lighted button.

watch TV macro1 assigned to TV code 0812
1.press mode AVR
2.power on w/ live button
3.set to AV1 button #4 (which I have a button programed on the RCA for)which is actualley HDMI2 (output of AVR)
4.mode TV
5.power on TV (w/ main power button which is also a power toggle)

watch PC macro2 assigned to DVR code PC 1972
1.press mode AVR
2.set AVR to HDMI 3 red button (which I have a button programed on the RCA for PC)
3.mode PC
4.power on PC (w/ main power button which is also a power toggle)
This gets me to my PCs desktop so I have the option to use PC for browsing the net of regular PC stuff.
I have the RCAs light green button programmed to open WMC and the adjacent + button to close WMC.

Mag Macro3 assigned to DVD code Mag 06751
1.mode DVD
2.Mag toggle power (main power Key on RCA is also a power toggle)
TV will automaticalley turn on though CEC
3.mode AVR
4.power on AVR w/ Live button
5.HDMI 4 input (- under7 key on RCA)
6.mode DVD

Sony Macro4 assigned to CBL
1.Sony power toggle (Key #3 on RCA)
TV will automaticalley turn on.
2.mode AVR
3.power on AVR w/ Live button
4.HDMI 2 input (blue key on RCA)

additionale infor.
blick test to confirm codes results
TV 0812

Yamaha 1476

PC 1972

Mag 06751

I had to learn the Sony power toggle (Key #3 on RCA) so I could'nt preform the blick test.

I looked over the JP1 web. site and the net for IR RMIR documenting
not sure how this should be documented is this a excel spreadsheat? do you have a link w/ instructions?

as far as documenting I'm looking over remote master.
Thanks TB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung TV
TV 0812
On 00001
Off 00253

Yamaha RX-V465
Audio 1476
On 12485
Off 11973
hex has to end with 00 so obc's needed to be recalculated

Media Center
Video 1972
suspend 00050 ??
On 00075 ??
off 00099On ??

Magnavox 515
Video 0675
no known discretes

Sony Blu Ray BPX37 BD
Video /1516
on 00113
off 00109

Polk SubWoofer DSW1KProSub
This is probably going to be an RC5 code, and will need to be programmed to an RC5/5x combo
with EFC's since the learns may be problematic because the Toggling protocol
probably will use Audio/1289 as a base. This Polk Audio code probably will not work out of the box, but you can get most RC5 codes to shoot from this code. I couldn't find your model anywhere. are you sure its DSW1kProSub?

thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Samsung TV
TV 0812
On 00001
Off 00253

Yamaha RX-V465
Audio 1476
On 12485
Off 11973

Media Center
Video 1972
suspend 00050 ??
On 00075 ??
off 00099On ??

Magnavox 515
Video 0675
no known discretes

Sony Blu Ray BPX37 BD
Video /1516
on 00113
off 00109

This is probably going to be an RC5 code, and will need to be programmed to an RC5/5x combo
probably will use Audio/1289 as a base. This Polk Audio code probably will not work out of the box, but you can get most RC5 codes to shoot from this code. I couldn't find your model anywhere. are you sure its DSW1kProSub?

Vicky I only know how to enter a one code, (the first #) here's the procedure I used.
1.turn device on that's being programmed
2.press the mode to be assigned.
3.hold setup for two blinks of mode key
4.enter code
5.test remote on device.

Vicky I searched the net https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=9&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=how%20to%20enter%20a%20discrete%20codes%20in%20RCA%20&tok=wYgXp51RpMnJ9YKsmtR68A&pq=how%20to%20enter%20a%20discrete%20codes%20in%20rca&cp=45&gs_id=8&xhr=t&q=how%20to%20enter%20a%20discrete%20codes%20in%20RCA%20RCRP05BR&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=how+to+enter+a+discrete+codes+in+RCA+RCRP05BR&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=2528df10ddb125d5&biw=1145&bih=566
?1. I hate to ask .what is the procedure for entering in the two on/off discrete codes?

?2.what is OBC

Samsung TV
TV 0812 the blink test confirms this code allready programmed
On 00001
Off 00253

Yamaha RX-V465
Audio 1476 the blink test confirms this code allready programmed
On 12485
Off 11973

Media Center
Video 1972 the blink test confirms this code allready programmed
suspend 00050 ?? the ??marks are confussing me
On 00075 ??
off 00099On ??

Magnavox 515
Video 0675
no known discretes so this macro will have to include turning off unused devices correct?

Sony Blu Ray BPX37 BD
Video /1516
on 00113
off 00109

Vicky yes my sub. is Polk Audio DSW1000 ProSub sorry I should have wrote it as 1000 instead of 1K.
here's the link
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/dswmicropro1000
the sub will be the sixth device so will you still be able to add it to the RCA?
Thanks so much for all the surport
TB

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:

Vicky I searched the net I hate to ask .what is the procedure for entering in the two on/off discrete codes?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote:

?2.what is OBC

The OBC is the original button code. We used that to compute the EFC's to work with the setup codes.
Quote:

Vicky yes my sub. is Polk Audio DSW1000 ProSub sorry I should have wrote it as 1000 instead of 1K.
here's the link

Ah, Harmony has a DSWMicroPro1000, maybe one of our harmony members can let us know what the signals are for this device.

Quote:
the sub will be the sixth device so will you still be able to add it to the RCA?

If you had a cable, you could have up to 8 setup codes.

Even without a cable, you can still set up a few functions, and I would guess you only need on/off and volume for a subwoofer.

If this was a non-toggling protocol, you could just do a couple of supplemental learns. But I believe this will end up being an RC5 signal, and if it is, the learns may not work because the protocol needs to toggle with each push of the button. Learns are "static" so they won't toggle (change) with each subsequent push. So it would be best to set these up with keymoves (994). What we do is temporarily change the setup code to the Rc5/5x protocol, set up the keymoves, and then change the setup code back to the device you want to control. The keymoves remember the setup code that was in effect when they 994 command was issued.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebrain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky I only know how to enter a one code #, (the first #) here's the procedure I used.
1.turn device on that's being programmed
2.press the mode to be assigned.
3.hold setup for two blinks of mode key
4.enter code
5.test remote on device.

I hate to ask .what is the procedure for entering in the two on/off discrete codes?
This thread you link to is my first thread here two years ago was basically turning on and off the Yamaha AVR.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

it does'nt mention anything about entering discrete code's I remember you saying these codes need to be backed in I would like to know how thats done?
Vicky when I'm ready to build my macros will they have to be built on a non lighted button then relocated (or reasigned)to the lighted buttons?
the DSWMicroPro1000 sub. is not a priority the discrete codes are.
Thanks TB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:

I hate to ask .what is the procedure for entering in the two on/off discrete codes?
This thread you link to is my first thread here two years ago was basically turning on and off the Yamaha AVR.

it does'nt mention anything about entering discrete code's I remember you saying these codes need to be backed in I would like to know how thats done?

Steve, YOU describe how to enter a discrete code in that post..... What did you think you were doing with the 994 instructions in that post? A discrete code is just a code where you enter a state like ON or OFF without having to toggle between the two. You merely assign the codes to a button and then access that button in your macro to force the state you want.

thebrain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Vicky I understand the force on/off issuse and the discrete on for a device thats on to stay on. I don't forsee a need for discrete off since I can power off (or is there a differance between power off and discrete off I'm thinking there is becauce power off could be a power toggle thus making it a power on if the device is allready off) I possiablly forsee a need for discrete on.

I'll have to incorporate a force off for unused devices when jumping inbetween macros and add all devices to each macro w/ only the desired device on the rest forced off?

Seams like the TV and AVR stay on no matter what macro I jump to (TV seams to automatically change to TVs tuner) so discrete codes for on/off arn't nessasary for TV and AVR.(woops AVR allready has a discrete on w/ the Live button) Maybe the CEC is causing the TV to stay on?

I'll mess around w/ the power states of my devices then build the macros and report back.
I forsee only having to force the Mag. & Sony off when jumping from either Mag. or Sony.

Vicky what do you think about the sub.?
Thanks again for all the surport TB
thebrain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Ah, Harmony has a DSWMicroPro1000, maybe one of our harmony members can let us know what the signals are for this device.

Quote:

If you had a cable, you could have up to 8 setup codes.

Even without a cable, you can still set up a few functions, and I would guess you only need on/off and volume for a subwoofer.

.[/quote]Vicky I'd like to try to learn a few commands of my sub on/off (which will be part of my macros) and volume up/down (will be associated w/ a device sub) to the RCA.

however the learn procedure requires a mode button (I have all the mode buttons assigned to other devices).
I'm holding off on building the marcos untill we resolve the sub issuse.

Vicky the orginale remote is a small credit card sized remote.

Thanks TB[/img]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter about mode. Just learn to an unused command, like PIP Move in TV mode or an unused color button. Better yet, learn to a shifted key.
thebrain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Doesn't matter about mode. Just learn to an unused command, like PIP Move in TV mode or an unused color button. Better yet, learn to a shifted key.

Dave glad to hear advice from you. I tryed to look over some of my initial posts on the RCA from a couple years ago to refresh my memery unsucsessfully.

1.I'm thinking all shifted keys are below the exit and guide buttons?
when you say "Doesn't matter about mode"

is a mode press the shift? so for each mode one button can have multiple functions? example mode audio I program key #3 for power on Sony BD and key #2 for power off, I'm thinking main power will just turn off the AVR.

Then I can change modes and reassign another function to both keys #2 & #3?
so each shifted key actualley has five functions?

2.I'm still confussed about the instruction stating a lighted button cannot be assigned a macro so how is this acomplished? I'm thinking assign the macro to a lower key then do a key move to the lighted key?

3.in audio mode I was planning on using the +/- toggle (guide) for the subs. volume and #6/#5 for on and off.

4.what would suggest I use the on demand key and Fav for I was thinking of a toggle between TV and PC however w/ correctly working macros I could save these keys for something else that's used often. I don't really have favorite stations I'm assumming this is what was intended from RCA not sure what the on demand was intended for remember I'm not using cable.

5.I currently have the yellow,blue & red buttons in mode audio assigned to HDMI 1-3
thinking of changing HDMIs (in audio mode) to #s 1,2,3. I'm trying to keep all what's switched w/ the AVR in audio mode so I can keep track of buttons functions.

Then somehow use the red key for netflix,blue for Hulu, yellow for ESPN the shift modes and reuse for net favorites. I'm thinking this is possiable w/ JP1 keystrokes (made possiable w/ JP1 programming?
Thanks TB
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: