JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One for All URC 8603 Xsight Touch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paoleela wrote:
Wow, does that mean, you are talking about the USB port of the Touch, if you talk about communication protocol?
This would be marvellous, a huge step.

Your situation is now looking more promising that it did two months ago. We have started to be able to read data from the Touch through its USB port and we have also changed our approach to USB communication so that we believe it will now work with Linux and Mac OS X as well as 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

It is very early days with this, but as you are probably the only person in this group that uses both Linux and a Touch, would you be willing to test some things for me when I have them at a testing stage?
paoleela

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can read from my previous post my Xsight Touch is broken.
I was close to drop the Xsight completely and go for a universal JP1.x
But since I already have a working setup for the Xsight Touch and there is the opportunity to maintain that with RemoteMaster, I'll get a replacement. I really appreciate your work and like to help. So after I have the replacement I can test that for you.
Looking at my strange setup, this is not only Linux, it is Gentoo using OpenJDK/Icedtea on amd64 but also on my ppc host.

Beside that I did not use RemoteMaster yet, though installed and starting fine. I'm still figuring out the JP1 FTDI connection for common JP1 use.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show that I am making progress in adding XSight Touch support to RMIR, here is an image from the RMIR download of my Touch:

At present it can read from the remote but not write to it, and there are only the General, Device and Raw Data tabs available. But it is a start, and it is believed that it will work with Linux and Mac OS X as it now uses javahidapi for communication, which is claimed to support all three platforms.
paoleela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm going for a URC 7781 (supporting 12 devices and currently very cheap in Germany ~16 EUR) after a hint of a german user and because the Touch was broken 2 times.
I can help you testing on Linux of course, but not with the Xsight Touch anymore. Since I will still need the RF-Feature of the Touch I might get one later again. I'm looking forward to see some support in RMIR therefore.
For now it was more important to get any basic remote supporting at least my 12+ devices.
supertommy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no news yet? I m going to buy a new remote and can' t find the right one
in europe there are few models with jp1/1x
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
paoleela wrote:
Wow, does that mean, you are talking about the USB port of the Touch, if you talk about communication protocol?
This would be marvellous, a huge step.

Your situation is now looking more promising that it did two months ago. We have started to be able to read data from the Touch through its USB port and we have also changed our approach to USB communication so that we believe it will now work with Linux and Mac OS X as well as 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

It is very early days with this, but as you are probably the only person in this group that uses both Linux and a Touch, would you be willing to test some things for me when I have them at a testing stage?

I'd like to finally get my ARRX15G working, and I'd be happy to test a Windows 7-64 ap. I've got a lot of logic and firmware experience.
DirecTV since 1994 // HR20-700 (1TB) // HR21-700 (1TB) // Samsung PN59D7000 // Denon AVR3808CI // Panasonic DMP-BDT110 // Roku XDS // WD HDLive // RS15-1994 JP1.0 remote // Wired Ethernet // BA Micro90x 5.1
supertommy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the xsight touch 8603 is working? with rm ir? all features?
and the xsight light?

i m still waiting for you to buy my new remote
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's coming along nicely. Getting very close on all of those. Graham has done a fantastic job.

I don't know why you say there are few JP1x remotes in Europe. I've always been jealous of all the great JP1x remotes you have over there compared to the US. You don't like any of these?
http://www.oneforall.com/en_UK/productline/1/universal-remotes/2/comfort

I'd love to have one of these, but we can't get them here in the US:
http://www.oneforall.com/en_UK/product/1/universal-remotes/3/advanced/25/digital-12
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I'd love to have one of these, but we can't get them here in the US:
http://www.oneforall.com/en_UK/product/1/universal-remotes/3/advanced/25/digital-12

Yes, this is the baby what I'd recommended to paoleela:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/One-for-All-URC-7781-Digital-12-in-1-Universalfernbedienung-/190810406624

It is $ 22.00 plus shipping to US with insurance $ 11.00.

If someone like it ...

Uwe
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or:

urc-7781.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: