JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast DTA 'Lang' code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Comcast DTA 'Lang' code Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up an RCA RCRP05B (with extender) for the bedroom to replace an 8811. For cable use, I have a tiny Comcast DTA (Thomson DCI105). On the 8811, it was controlled using an added device and XMP protocol.

On the RCA (using the DVR key for the device), I did figure out that the DTA works with the built-in Cable/1982 code, except for one key. That is the LANG key, used to change the audio feed. I use KM&IR for the 8811, but am using RMIR for the RCA.

In KM, the device (dev 62, sub 16, OEM 68, final toggle 0, XM type 2), LANG is listed as OBC 130, EFC 00030, hex 82 for the 8811. I tried to use the EFC and hex codes to do a keymove for LANG using Cable/1982, but it doesn't work. (DVR/Guide to Cable/1982, raw data says 07 BE 00 82).

I tried creating a new device in KM with the RCA and codes, and tried to see if any of the codes changed, although I'm not certain what codes should stay the same, and which would change. With the 130 OBC, the EFC changes to 19015, and the hex to 0082.

I even tried, in RMIR, to make a new device for just the one key, and it still doesn't work.

Is there any easy way to figure out what the proper code would be on the RCA, or if it's even possible to do it without creating my own device? I looked at some downloads, but they are all pretty much the same.

It's not a big deal, but I'd rather not create a whole device just for one key. Also,
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned the Lang signal from a DTA, and it is XMP-1 62.16 OBC 130. This upgrade by Rob for the DTA gives the same value.
For Cable 1982, the EFC is 22213.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That did it. The hex comes out 82 00 instead of 00 82. I remember there being some issue once with the XMP modes being backwards somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: