JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Repeat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Repeat Reply with quote

First of all many thanks to vickyg2003 for your PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Hold.rmdu file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9258. It works great. I am using the file in a custom Slingbox Pro-HD controller for my PS3 Media Center.
I have hundreds of media files that I need to navigate through and using the up/down button to step through one file at a time is very tedious. My question and request is if it is possible to add a repeat function for the up and down buttons in the above RMDU file, that would allow me to scroll quickly through my files. I am seeking the same functionality that is in the Sony PS3 BT remote that allows you to hold down the up or down buttons and scroll through the files. I understand how to use RMDU files in RemoteMaster but I am lost when it comes to building new protocols.
Thanks very much,
Merv
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a long time since I wrote that protocol, and I can't find the thread. I seem to recall that there was a power on issue that needed a LONG hold. So you could take advantage of that. Perhaps define two functions "PAGE UP" and "Page Down" , that use the long hold parameter with enough repeats to show as many titles as will fit on a screen.
Merv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: ps3_Bluetooth_with_var_Hold Long Up Down Reply with quote

I have spent two days unsuccessfully trying to implement an up/down scrolling function using the CH+ and CH- buttons contained in a custom Slingbox Pro-HD controller by adding LONG Up and LONG Down functions that use the long hold parameter that vickyg2003 refers to. Example RMDU and txt files of my many attempts are at-

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11633

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11634.

The result from every approach that I have tried is the CH+ and CH- buttons do nothing and the previously functioning up/down buttons no longer work and the left/right buttons exhibit multiple repeats and max out.

The thread that addresses the original files, developed by VickyG2003 is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=100324&sid=00ec213eb99cd3b915b05572eefb1252

The file that I am modifying is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11513

I would be very grateful for any help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your RM file. Something is terribly wrong with that file. All the hex for all the buttons got corrupted.

Start with a fresh session of RM, and open MY RDMU file and start over.

RM HATES the KM txt files for this two byte protocol and corrupts everything.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Merv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Repeat Reply with quote

I cannot thank vickyg2003 enough for her help with this modification. After spending days unsuccessfully trying to implement an up/down scrolling function, her advice was right on target. I made all my modifications from within RM and the changes worked perfectly. This modification is targeted for a Custom, Cable TV Box, Slingbox Pro-HD controller. The Channel Buttons provide a "short" scroll and the Page Buttons provide a "long" scroll. The final working RMDU file has been updated at-

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11633

Thanks Again-
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Glad it all worked out

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: