JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eyemax ht-04cd security dvr protocol needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really confused. If the signals are capturing dittos, why is it saying NEC indstead of NEC1.

If you are having trouble with your bins, zip all your files (ICT, RDMU, Bin) together and post them in the diagnosis area with a link here.

As you mentioned JP1 has a crazy learning curve, and newbies often miss a step here or there.

Alan usually posts a readme file with a bin, that helps users figure out where they have gone wrong. The section below comes from Alan's Readme(DVR) file.

Code:
There are 2 ways to install these BIN files into your Slingbox.  You can either use the web-based Slingplayer (http://watch.slingbox.com) and use the Setup Slingbox option, or you can use the standalone Slingplayer (available from http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us or http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop)

If you want to install using the Web-based player then Sling have provided instructions at http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000320.html.  Once you have installed the remote continue reading this file for extra information.

Alternatively, if you are using the standalone program then here are step-by-step instructions.

1.   Put the 2 BIN files into the correct location:

PC Version:
     -----------
     Put the two BIN files into your C:\Program Files\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ folder.
     (For WIN7 use C:\Program Files(x86)\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\)

Mac version:
     ------------
     Put the two files into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant     
     /Contents/Resources/SBAV/ folder
     (Note that The Contents dirs won't show up unless you do a "Right-Click -> Show Package
      Contents" when navigating into an app's "Contents" directory.)

2.   Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'. Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Standalone DVR' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device).

3.   This time use 'Other' as the Manufacturer and the Model and in the next screen scroll to the bottom of the Code numbers, select 'Custom' and then type V2010 (NOT v2010, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window (or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC).  Then complete the setup as normal.  Note that some devices (Comcast DTA for example) do not support Power On/Off so will fail the power test.  Just ignore it and carry on.

PROBLEMS ??
-----------
If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?

2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ?

4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

6.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?

7.   If nothing works check out http://remotes.slingbox.com where you might be able to build your own remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...checking checklist:

I am using the web interface for Slingbox to import the .bin files. I really just want to take a remote with a known protocol and see if I can just get it to work. Then I would know that something is going on with the off the wall remotes that I have for the dvr's. but here is the link of the .ict file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11643

1. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ? NO

2. Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) YES

3. After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ? NO

4. Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash)

YES with link to short movie clip of the Slingbox IR in action:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11641

5. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ? On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly. YES

6. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ? YES
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I wanted to check your work. I know how to create a bin from a ICT, but I wanted to see your bin/rdmu.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made so many of these things I am losing track...but here are the bin and rdmu files...I made them with only the power and menu buttons for time sake.

rdmu:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11645

bin:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11644
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no wonder it didn't work.

The signals you posted the first time used a custom protocol, (manual settings)

The signals in the current ICT are NEC signals.

You need to select NEC1 from the Protocol dropdown.

Problem is that NEC1 will have a repeat (ditto).

So you are probably need to manually update your protocols ini with Alan's non-repeating NEC1 protocol entry or you may get multiple numbers and arrows with 1 push.

diysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>The signals in the current ICT are NEC signals.

Yes that is what shows up when I enter them in...If I hold down the remote button I get dittos

>You need to select NEC1 from the Protocol dropdown.

I have tried NEC1 and NEC2 from a previous post and was told to use the NEC1 but that did not work either.

>Problem is that NEC1 will have a repeat (ditto).

>So you are probably need to manually update your protocols ini with Alan's non-repeating NEC1 protocol entry or you may get multiple numbers and arrows with 1 push.

From the ict it says no repeats...I deleated the ones that had dittos.

But from what you can tell I am creating these files correctly?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diysteve wrote:

But from what you can tell I am creating these files correctly?

No, you are doing just about everything wrong.

Creating an rdmu requires you to be precise.

You have the wrong protocol and the wrong obcs. Exactly why would you expect these to be correct?

First you posted non-working codes for us to duplicate, and then you wondered why they didn't work as a bin.

Now you are creating bins with different protocols and obcs.

I know we have a tough learing curve, but keep in mind that an IR signal is a precise timing pattern, so we need working codes to start with.

diysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this has been a great learning experience so far...but the bins with different protocols and obcs was b/c I wanted to try out the other dvr that WAS coming up with a known protocol so I thought that one would be easier.

Because of these off brand dvr's that I have maybe this is not the time to be learning how to do all of this b/c I don't have the learning curve down enough yet to see what a working one looks like.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: HALLELUJAH! IT WORKS! Reply with quote

HALLELUJAH! IT WORKS! ok I think I am onto something...First off...no one mentioned that dittos were a good thing so I was just pushing the remote with one tap so that there were no dittos. When I pressed the heck out of the button I came up with 6 dittos and it finally said NEC1 (missing link 1)

(missing link 2) Even though it says that in the Parm box to enter a 0 for default, leave it BLANK and it works without it.

I also checked other .ict files in the download area which helped me figure out what these files are supposed to look like which is how I determined what I was missing.

Soooo..now that I have my second DVR working which is cool by me the first one is still screwy I don't know how to make sense of what the “gap” protocol means or how to interpret it in RemoteMaster but here is the .ict file that I captured.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11646
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: