JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung UN40EH6030FXZA TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
km

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Samsung UN40EH6030FXZA TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung UN40EH6030FXZ
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-9910B01
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? TV/0060
10. Learning remote question?

TV/0060 gives basic function, but no input select. Since I have the original remote I have learned that code. However, its a code for toggling through the inputs and what I really want is individual input selection codes. I need this so I can make one smart button select the type of remote and at the same time select the input.

11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?
Yes, but I may not fully understand how to use it to solve my issue.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesthis post have what you need? If not, tell us which discrete input you're looking for.
km

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I want two different HDMI's and 1 Component, and there are labels in that listing that seem appropriate.

What I'm running in the URC is a download that I constructed years ago, and not having a cable used the audio method to install it in the URC. It's been so long ago that I no longer have the config files or tools, and fear screwing up the other devices.

Is there something short of starting all over that I can do to get the 3 keys I need?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual way to augment a setup code if you don't have a cable or don't want to use a WAV file is to manually enter keymoves using the 994 command. The linked instructions won't be quite right for your remote, but the idea should be the same.

If your WAV file included keymoves for the TV device, assigning new ones will overwrite those, but presumably you don't want/need the old ones (should they exist) anyway.
km

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm confused by several things.

First, I don't think I can use the Samsung device referenced earlier, it has a 5 digit setup code and my URC-9910 only has 4 digit setup codes.

Even so it looks like the 0060 setup code I have been using has some EFC's for input1, input2, etc which might work. However, I haven't been able to use the 9xx commands. The doc says hold the setup button until the red led flashes twice. I hold the "SET" button and the led never flashes. What does happen is the display puts up the scrolling menu: code set, man search, IR lean,etc. Typing any 9xx commands just give invalid.

What am I missing?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km wrote:
I'm afraid I'm confused by several things.

First, I don't think I can use the Samsung device referenced earlier, it has a 5 digit setup code and my URC-9910 only has 4 digit setup codes.

If a remote uses 5 digit setup code,the first digit just represents the device mode. It is not an issue.

Quote:

Even so it looks like the 0060 setup code I have been using has some EFC's for input1, input2, etc which might work. However, I haven't been able to use the 9xx commands. The doc says hold the setup button until the red led flashes twice. I hold the "SET" button and the led never flashes. What does happen is the display puts up the scrolling menu: code set, man search, IR lean,etc. Typing any 9xx commands just give invalid.

What am I missing?

What you are missing is that you have an LCD remote and that has different instructions.

Press and hold the setup key
When the words [Code Set] is displayed
use the up arrow until the display says "keymover"
Press Select
"From mode" is displayed
Press TV (if that is where TV/0060 is assigned)
From key is displayed
Press SET followed by the 3 digit EFC
Press Select
To Mode (press the desired device key)
To Key (press the destination key)

LCD should say success

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change a 5 digit code to a 4 digit code by dropping the leading digit. For most UEI remotes, a leading 1 implies a TV setup code. However, the 9920 doesn't have TV 0702, so you''ll need to use 0060.. The IR protocols are almost the same, except repeating behavior. You'll probably have to press the volume key once for each step increase in volume, instead of just being able to hold down the button.

Keymove instructions for LCD remotes. Use the "current model" instructions.
km

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help!

First I tried all the EFC codes in 0060 with the word input in their description. Most did nothing, and a couple of them did toggles.

The I tried the (1)0702 setup code, and as suggested its not found in the irc-9910.

Then I tried the EFC's from the 10702 description for HDM1/HDMI2/Componet1 with the 0060 setup and that worked!

My next step was to put it on the corresponding device keys like I did with my old TV, and I struck out. Nothing in the URC manual about overloading the device keys. I guess I must have done that years ago with my WAV download.

I settled for using the macro keys to set the input and then invoke the device. This will do, but if there is some trick for getting the device keys to do double duty without a download, I would like to know about it.

Again, thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the newest of the new remotes allow you to do macros on a device key manually. Most remotes require an extender to do anything other than a simple device selection with the device key.

It sounds like you got into some pretty sophisticated stuff with WAV files,and now you want to go backwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: