JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-10820N Extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to do it today, but got too busy. The RDF with the button changes is on my machine, but there is another change that needs to be made with the setup codes.

I'll get at this tomorrow.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the RDF to allow phantoms through 10 and corrected the device list.

The RDF can be found here.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8917

I also added the RDF to the extender zip file and also corrected the keyset document to accurately show what the phantom keycodes are.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dev_Cancel was not working. It has been fixed.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9561
ED18 was changed from 0B to 0A.

andyross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read this right, I should change ED18 in RAW DATA (IR) from 0B to 0A? On mine, ED18 is a C6.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This patch was for the 10820N extender. ED18 originally went out as 0B but should have been 0A.

The 10820B00 has ED18 as C6 and should remain that way until I get around to issuing a new extender with the FAV button fix and using the Dev_Cancel, type of HT setup instead of the X_Cancel HT usage.

Sorry for the confusion.

alfi33

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to use this extender with an 8820N. I've pretty much gotten it to do everything I want but it seems to regularly forget that it's extended. The LKPs I've set on the device keys just stop working. If I quickly and repeatedly (10 times or so) press the device key and then try my LKP again, often times it will work but not for long.

I'm sure I've got a loop or something wonky in there but I sure can't find it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Link to IR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11614

Alfie
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfi33 wrote:
I'm trying to use this extender with an 8820N. I've pretty much gotten it to do everything I want but it seems to regularly forget that it's extended.
Alfie

This sounds like it could be loose batteries or weak batteries. if a low voltage situation is encountered the remote will forget its extended.

I have added some light weight foam in my battery compartment to keep my batteries from shifting and that really improves the extender performance.

Do all the keys work at least once?

alfi33

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
This sounds like it could be loose batteries or weak batteries. if a low voltage situation is encountered the remote will forget its extended.

I tried brand new batteries and I get the same symptoms.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Do all the keys work at least once?

After a lot more button pushing, I've discovered how to make it happen (and that my comment about pushing a Device button 10 times to temporarily fix it is not entirely accurate). But I still don't know why it happens...

I've got LKPs on 5 buttons:
Power
CD
PVR
AUD
TV

The LKP always works on the Power button. But for the other four, it appears I have to be in that Device's mode for the LKP to work.

For example, after I successfully execute the LKP on CD, I can continue executing the LKP on CD over and over without any issues as long as I don't press any of the other Device buttons. But if I then try the LKP on PVR, it will not work...unless I press the PVR button once quickly first and then do the LKP on PVR.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, that's how it is supposed to work.

LKP's only work when you are in the target device mode.

Please note that your LKP that always works on the power button, doesn't actually reside on the power button. Its actually on Shift-L3.

What where you trying to accomplish?

Did you want this to be part of your device selection macro? If so it can't be on the device key.
alfi33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...well, that's good to know. Embarassed

Quote:
Did you want this to be part of your device selection macro? If so it can't be on the device key.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to be able to hold down a Device key while in any device mode and have it switch the right inputs of all my components and put the remote in the right mode. Is this not possible?

I'm switching from an 8820B to an 8820N. I'm using the Extender on the 8820B and I'm pretty sure I did it with this remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's a simple enough change.

Change the target KEY on your PVR-PVR special LKP
to be another key, such as Shift-Inupt on the end of your Device Selection macro.

Then tack that key on the end of your selection macro
PVR Dev_PVR;Set_Trans;Set_Chan;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other;Dev_AUD;Set_Vol;Shift-Input

It gets a bit trickier once you customize your device selection mode, because the key needs to be in a currently selected mode.

Good Luck
alfi33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help, Vicky.

I've got it working perfectly now.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: