JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Roku LT Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjhong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Roku LT Codes Reply with quote

1. Device: Roku LT
2. Type of device: Set-top streaming device
3. Year: 2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes, I have a USB JP1 cable
6. Still have original remote? No. It got lost. So I'm trying to replace it with my URC-8910.
7. Checked the file section? Yes, ROKU LT rdmu file that iboston posted: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10235
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Some older stuff about a Roku SoundBridge.
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but code shows up as invalid when I use them in IR.

Tools: IR v8.03, KM v9.22, and RM v2.02 Beta 1.5w

I've also read through the Roku 2 HD forum post: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14040

I tried the Roku LT .rmdu file posted by iboston. I've also tried to create my own device using Keymap Master v9.22 using the information from the previous forum post. I tried both NEC1 and NEC2 versions of the following:

Code:
Nec2; Dev 234, Sub Dev 194
EFC's
198 Back
187 Home/Menu
201 Options
104 FWD scan
148 REV Scan
005 Inst replay
249 Up
155 Down
246 Left
088 Right
087 OK
036 Pause/Play
010 Crackle
043 Netflix
103 Pandora

Upgrade Code 0 = 77 FE (SAT/2046) Roku LT (KM v9.22)
 5A 00 82 FE 57 00 A8 BC 79 2D B5 01 00 00 00 00
 00 00 67 33 87 4B AB 3E 79 99 E1 CD D3 55     
End

Can anyone help me figure where I'm going wrong?

I first programmed our URC-8910 seven years ago. It worked great, but we slowly swapped out old devices for new ones, and ended up with two other remotes and a cheat sheet so my wife and kids could figure out how to use everything. Since I haven't done any JP1 programming in years, please be gentle. I may need some hand holding before I'm back up to speed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to see the actual files. For me, it is easier to look at the RMIR file which contains the entire image of the upload to the remote, and also has the RMDU information.

Please upload to the Diagnosis area of the File Section and post a link to it here.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This device is looking for a NEC1 frame, flips the last function bit and then sends NEC2 frames while the button is held down.

Is there any more of a model number than ROKU LT?

Since there are no keymoves, you were not prompted to assign it to a device button. Did it get assigned?
kjhong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG and Vickyg2003,
Thanks for the quick replies.

Model Number: 2400X (sold as the LT).

The RMIR file with the entire image for my remote is here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11569

Quote:
This device is looking for a NEC1 frame, flips the last function bit and then sends NEC2 frames while the button is held down.

Since there are no keymoves, you were not prompted to assign it to a device button. Did it get assigned?

I don't understand the NEC1/2 frames part. But I assigned the Roku device to the AUX button. You should be able to see that in the RMIR file.

I appreciate the your help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjhong wrote:

Model Number: 2400X (sold as the LT).

The RMIR file with the entire image for my remote is here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11569

Everything looks good. The code is assigned, the values are correct.
I don't have any AAA batteries right now, so I can't load this up to make sure that everything work, but the file looks really clean.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand the NEC1/2 frames part.

The original poster had mentioned that these codes are not really a NEC1, but the NEC1 worked. I did a capture of the signals to see what was happening, and could see behavior described. I was rather surprised that the simple NEC1 would work. I would have done a custom protocol, because that is what I do.

I looked for an alternative code, but the Roku LT, XS, XD all seem to use the same code.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I will get some AAA batteries when I go for groceries tomorrow, but I expect these to work. We could customize the protocol, but I don't think that will make a difference.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe two stores didn't CARRY AAA batteries! I finally got to another store and picked them up. I can see the problem, but I'm not familiar enough with the URC-8910 and its extender to figure out quite what is going on.

The Upgrade appears to be NEC1 234.194 but its sending Nec1 234 signals.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Can you believe two stores didn't CARRY AAA batteries! I finally got to another store and picked them up.

As usual Vicky going above and beyond. =p
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyrolan wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Can you believe two stores didn't CARRY AAA batteries! I finally got to another store and picked them up.

You don't know the half of it. I don't have a car, so I'm on my bicycle. Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I found the problem. Somehow the Roku's fixed data is 00 A8 BC when it should be 20 AB BC.

Open the device upgrade, and CLEAR the PARAM field the fixed data fixes itself and everything should be good to go.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The Upgrade appears to be NEC1 234.194 but its sending Nec1 234 signals.

That's because a parm value of 0 has been entered. The parm should be left blank.
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Vyrolan wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

You don't know the half of it. I don't have a car, so I'm on my bicycle. Laughing

JP1 helping maintain your figure!
kjhong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Okay, I found the problem. Somehow the Roku's fixed data is 00 A8 BC when it should be 20 AB BC. Open the device upgrade, and CLEAR the PARAM field the fixed data fixes itself and everything should be good to go.

The Robman wrote:
That's because a parm value of 0 has been entered. The parm should be left blank.

This worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick replies. Ya'll are awesome. Should I post my new device upgrade file somewhere?

vickyg2003 wrote:
Vyrolan wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Double kudos to vickyg2003 for truly going above and beyond the call of duty!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjhong wrote:
Should I post my new device upgrade file somewhere?

We don't need your RMIR file but we do encourage people to load RMDU files that they create. However, in this case you downloaded the file from the file section to start with. Did you end up adding any new functions that weren't in the original file? If you did, then yes, please upload it, but otherwise we have it covered with the original file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: