JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adding to Macro for URC-9910b
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the helper help you in the open forum, or in private messages.

You've asked about this equpimpent before, are these the things being controlled by this remote?

Samsung SMT-H3362
    Samsung LN40A550 (component1 - HDMI2 etc.)
    Onkyo Home Theatre upgrade to URC-9910
    Panasonic DVD-S53 DVD player
    Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250-HDC
    JVC HR-S3901U VCR Device Upgrade

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Did the helper help you in the open forum, or in private messages.

You've asked about this equpimpent before, are these the things being controlled by this remote?

Samsung SMT-H3362
    Samsung LN40A550 (component1 - HDMI2 etc.)
    Onkyo Home Theatre upgrade to URC-9910
    Panasonic DVD-S53 DVD player
    Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250-HDC
    JVC HR-S3901U VCR Device Upgrade

Yes, that is the equipment and the help is The Robman. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11286&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15
It's strange why M1's not sending commands although the indicator flashes each time it's pressed. I'll check RM-IR to see if it's disabled but I'm not sure if that's even possible.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on your prior conversation, and the first post in this thread, it sounds like you had the M3 setup up as the SET button to get arround the recessed SET key. Neither of the IR files you posted have that functionality. It would seem to that you are not at the starting point that you thought you were. You have 2 M1 setups, but I'll bet you had more of those too.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Based on your prior conversation, and the first post in this thread, it sounds like you had the M3 setup up as the SET button to get arround the recessed SET key. Neither of the IR files you posted have that functionality. It would seem to that you are not at the starting point that you thought you were. You have 2 M1 setups, but I'll bet you had more of those too.

Actually, SET is/was the set button initially setup by RobMan. I put a dab of glue from a glue gun to raise it. Now that M1 does not work, I think its recent dysfunction is what sparked this thread. The 1st IR link (11-27-12.ir) is what I currently use. M1 is the target key for devices CD and CBL with TV as the source. Instead of beating a dead horse, is there a way to determine why M1 is not function properly? A used urc-8910 is on sale at eBay which I'm considering but if I can fix M1 etc. I'll go that route too... Again, thanks for your time and support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just merged the two threads as the new one is really a continuation of the previous discussion.

I've also just re-read all of the old threads to get back up to speed, but I'm lost. Why did the macros that previously worked, suddenly stop working?
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I just merged the two threads as the new one is really a continuation of the previous discussion.

I've also just re-read all of the old threads to get back up to speed, but I'm lost. Why did the macros that previously worked, suddenly stop working?

Sorry for this but it the continuation stems from M1 key. The macro stopped working because the M1 key no longer works (as of 2-3 wks ago). A while ago I had an issue with a broken RF puck that required disassembling the RC; however at that time the macro(s) still worked. I replaced the IR/RF kit with a NextGen that works flawless... except for the now current M1 dysfunction.

Currently, M1 is not sending commands; tested with replacing M1 files stored on the PC. When M1 pressed the RF indicator flashes red but set commands do nothing; displaying only the last used command. Is there a way to trace/repair M1?

I've found a urc-8910 on sale at eBay (supposedly 100% working) that I'm considering but if there's something better than the urc-8910/9910 that's jp1 capable then I'm game... Sorry to re-drag you into this mess but thanks for your time and support.

p.s. 5:15PM EST
This is super strange! M1 is now working as originally setup (Robman). Last nite I "did" disassemble the RC and clean the pcb (esp M1) with electronic cleaner and wiped the M1 button with denatured alcohol. Maybe it needed the time lapse to dry but as of now all seems to work as intended

Still if there's a remote that's jp1 compatible that's equal to/better than the urc-8910/9910 please inform me because only 8910s are available used.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of capable JP1 remotes, but you can't just copy your URC-8910 stuff over to them, you would need to build a new profile from scratch. So, if I were you, I would keep an eye out for deals on URC-8910 or URC-9910 remotes on ebay and grab yourself a few spares. Then, you can simply re-load your current IR file into the new remote and it will be an identical clone.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
There are plenty of capable JP1 remotes, but you can't just copy your URC-8910 stuff over to them, you would need to build a new profile from scratch. So, if I were you, I would keep an eye out for deals on URC-8910 or URC-9910 remotes on ebay and grab yourself a few spares. Then, you can simply re-load your current IR file into the new remote and it will be an identical clone.

Thanks for the advice; I think I'll grab the 8910 for a spare; don't need the 9910 as the NetGen IR kit has all I need.

The original macro you devised for me years ago is flawles; thanks!. I experimented with adding M1 to the end of both marcros (Shift CBL and Shift CD) to no avail. Would adding a Pause Phantom key + M1 at the end of the macro(s) work?.
current IR:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11550

I conclude M1 wasn't working previously because the contact(s) were grimy. A dab of electronic cleaner did the trick but I didn't allow enough time for it to thoroughly dry... once dried it's.... working!

I appreciate all the noteworthy help... not sure if I can close a thread.. but I think this has reached its end... again thanks Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many TVs have a warm-up period where they don't respond to remote signals and it sounds like that is the case here. Looking at each macro, they only have 2 quick steps after the TV POWER button, so that evidently is not enough time for the TV to have warmed up.

You would need to experiment to see how many seconds it takes for the TV to be warmed up enough to respond to a remote signal, then you could add a delay after the current steps in the macro before including M1.

However, if the warm-up period is long, you would need to stand there holding the remote pointing at the TV while the macro runs for 4 or 5 seconds, which I think could get to be a drag. Better to just press the M1 button when the TV is ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: