JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for URC7960 please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zepekenho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Codes for URC7960 please Reply with quote

hi all, I have a universal remote URC7960

I have correctly configured a Pioneer AV 921 and a Samsung TV but I have a problem with the codes of a projector optoma HD23 y WD TV Live media player streaming. I do not find the codes for these. if I can not fix I will have to return the remote but I like a lot. Thanks for your help
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC 7960 is a JP2 remote, which is new to me. However none of the UEI remotes that I am familar with have any of the Optoma codes, nor the WDTV codes built in. The upgrades in our file section for the Optoma and the WDTV Live, use a NEC1 protocol. This is good news for you, because the Nec1 protocol is a "learnable" protocol. I would suggest you resort to head to head learning and record the signals from your original remotes. The procedure is listed in your URC-7960 manual.

Good Luck
Zepekenho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much but for sincere being I am very very novice. you can to give a tutorial with the steps to follow itself? Thank you very much
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure is outlined on page 16-17 of the users manual. Below is a link to the user's manual.
http://www.oneforall.com/pdf/URC-7960_English_Manual.pdf

This procedure allows you to capture the signal from your OEM remote to corresponding buttons on your OneForAll. Fortunately the signals your devices use are compatible with this procedure.

There is a limit on the number of keys you can learn, so pick wisely. Typically you can capture all the buttons from 1 remote, but since you have two unsupported devices you may run out of room. I recommend that you start with the buttons you MUST have from each remote.

Here in the JP1 world this size limit is not a problem. We just convert the learns into upgrades, and then start learning anew. I don't know if the JP2 development is quite far enough along to do this at this point in time, but we will get there eventually.
Bricoliere

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved!
I have the same remote control (URC-7960), taken to replace a 7940 with the help of the forum was fine, but now has the keys consumed.
I downloaded everything I could find here, search for "7960", but the files xx.rmir give me a Java error.
The problem is that a Kiss (now Linksys-Cisco) DP-600 can not learn with "Learning".
I set the unique code suggested on DVD (2132), and it is with this that I learned the codes to function abnormally.
For example, the first press of button down works, the successive no.
This happens with all the keys.
I should add that I had previously taken a URC-3740, I returned because he behaved in the same way.
Since I have the file RMDU for Kiss of 7940, there is a possibility to import the code into a new RMDU for 7960, of which I not have a RDF working?
I specify that I updated both Java and RM.
thanks
EDIT:
I simply used the RMIR_Beta15v, with the old serial JP1 interface, and so I could load the codes of Kiss from the old file.
Since it is not possible to "Learning" from Kiss, JP1 is the only way.
Thanks to the forum, and The Robman, fabriw

Last edited by Bricoliere on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Here in the JP1 world this size limit is not a problem. We just convert the learns into upgrades, and then start learning anew. I don't know if the JP2 development is quite far enough along to do this at this point in time, but we will get there eventually.

Yes, device upgrades can be created and edited for JP2 remotes provided that the protocol is a built-in one. Actually, protocols that are not built in can be used if they have MAXQ610 code in protocols.ini, but it is unlikely that there are any such protocols at present. We are not yet in a position to construct custom protocols for remotes with the MAXQ6xx processors.
Bricoliere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: URC-7960 No key device select Reply with quote

On this remote control is no button for the device (TV, STB, DVD, etc..). Changing device with two buttons that are Last and Previus.
How do I choose a device from macro?
Thanks
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-7960 No key device select Reply with quote

Bricoliere wrote:
On this remote control is no button for the device (TV, STB, DVD, etc..). Changing device with two buttons that are Last and Previus.
Thanks

The 7960 is the EU version of the American OARI06G remote...on my OARI06G, there are "buttons" available for each device to directly select it. In RMIR, scroll through the buttons and I think you'll find ones for named "TV" or "SAT/CBL" or "Audio" or whatever. On mine, using those selects the device as if I used the left/right buttons to select it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-7960 No key device select Reply with quote

Vyrolan wrote:
Bricoliere wrote:
Thanks

The 7960 is the EU version of the American OARI06G remote...on my OARI06G, there are "buttons" available for each device to directly select it. In RMIR, scroll through the buttons and I think you'll find ones for named "TV" or "SAT/CBL" or "Audio" or whatever. On mine, using those selects the device as if I used the left/right buttons to select it.
Are you sure about that? My American OARI06G had scroll buttons for device selection just like the EU version. I've never seen any version of the "Smart" remote that has direct device selection buttons.

In any case, the OP can just pick the relevant device in RMIR like you said.

OARI06G:
Bricoliere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the remote OARI06G there are 6 phantom button: TV* Sat/Cbl* DVD* Audio* Media* DVR/AUX*.
On 7960 there are 6 phantom TV* STB* DVD* AMP* MP3* GAME *
There are 6 such devices, then they should be.
But I have no codes OBC, (in any of its RDF) and do not see how learning them.
If you have them, you may write the codes OBC?
And link for button with asterisk.
Meanwhile, thanks Vyrolan
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you need codes? Just pick the button. For example if you want a macro that sends TV channel 123, your macro would be TV, 1, 2, 3.
Bricoliere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Why do you need codes? Just pick the button. For example if you want a macro that sends TV channel 123, your macro would be TV, 1, 2, 3.

But of course!. You're right. I never thought of.
Sorry, I'm newbie. Embarassed

Thanks
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I meant...there are "buttons" in RMIR named by the devices that do the direct selection...but they aren't actual physical buttons. That's why I had "buttons" in quotes. =p
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: