JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telesystem TS-7510 HD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Telesystem TS-7510 HD Reply with quote

This device is decoding as Gap... in RM. The ICT file at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11419 contains learns for the Power button, the numeric buttons and the Channel Up/Down buttons.

Could someone do their magic and produce a manual protocol ? If the OBCs match I can do the rest myself, otherwise I will have to do a full ICT for all the functions. The OBCs decoded as:

Power 247
0 255
1 127
2 191
3 63
4 223
5 95
6 159
7 31
8 239
9 111
Ch+ 119
Ch- 183

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Alan

This appears to be a simple protocol. The device repeats, the subdevice repeats, the function is sent and then complemented.

D:8, D:8, S:8, S:8, F:8,~F:8, 1, ??leadout time

The thing I am missing is the leadout time. There are not enough long presses for me to determine if its a set lead out time, or a lead out time as total.

As far as the OBC's, they are not going to be as decoded.

If you want to dig then out yourself, you can change the IRP form to hex and then look at the next to the last two digits (are they called digits in a hex number) and then enter that into the hex code, or I can do it when you provide some long press learns.

Code:
Power :   {A=0xCACA353510EF}      OBC=16
Zero :   {A=0xCACA353500FF}      OBC=0
One :    {A=0xCACA353501FE}      OBC=1
Two :   {A=0xCACA353502FD}      OBC=2
Three : {A=0xCACA353503FC}      OBC=3
Four :    {A=0xCACA353504FB}      OBC=4
Five :    {A=0xCACA353505FA}      OBC=5
Six :    {A=0xCACA353506F9}      OBC=6
Seven : {A=0xCACA353507F8}      OBC=7
Eight : {A=0x3508F7} bad learn      OBC=8
Nine :  {A=0xCACA353509F6}      OBC=9
12:   Channel Up :{A=0xCACA353511EE}      OBC=17
13:   Channel Down : {A=0xCACA353512ED}      OBC=18

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget what I said about the leadout time. I was thinking that there would be different numbers of 1's and 0's in the learn, but everything is going to have the same number of 1's and 0's becuase of the complement.

Partial file is located here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11420

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey that was quick Very Happy I'll get the user to check this one works.

How exactly do I convert the IRP form to Hex ?

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Crikey that was quick Very Happy I'll get the user to check this one works.

Well it was an easy one. No need to get someone who can decode, to figure out some complicated scheme.

Quote:

How exactly do I convert the IRP form to Hex ?

Al

In IRScope, in the "Advanced" menu, change the "IRP Data Format" to one of the hex options.

The second to the last byte contains the function code or OBC in hex. Since this is a simple MSB protocol that uses 1 byte for the function, there is no need to reverse or complement or bit shift, or use any special mathmatical tricks. Heck in this case you don't even need to convert to decimal since RM allows you to enter the hex directly and will calcuate the decimal for you. You can simply pick up the hex from the IRP and plug it into the hex column.

Lets take Channel Up
The irp gives this value for A
:{A=0xCACA353511EE}

The second to the last byte contains the obc. The OBC bye is 11h
If you did the hex to decimal conversion, it would be 16+1.
OBC=17

If you plug 11 into the hex column, you'll see the conversion happen.

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, I'll let you know how we get on.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck now that I look at it, I see that this is really
D:8, D:8, ~D:8, ~D8, F:8, ~F8, not that it makes a whole heck of a lot of difference, but I might have been able to do this without any assembly language. Not to quick on pattern recognition here. Rolling Eyes

And do let me know how it works. We both know that feedback is important here. I think it should go fine. I looked at the pictures and they were very close.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, it has been a week. Any word?

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
heck now that I look at it, I see that this is really
D:8, D:8, ~D:8, ~D8, F:8, ~F8, not that it makes a whole heck of a lot of difference, but I might have been able to do this without any assembly language. Not to quick on pattern recognition here. Rolling Eyes

You might have been able to. You could try selecting "dev-!dev-cmd-!cmd" as the Signal Structure and entering 2 [Device] Bytes. You would have to supply the device code in hex twice, of course, but it might work. However, I've never seen "dev-!dev-cmd-!cmd" used with 2 byte device codes, so I'm not positive what it would do.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Alan, it has been a week. Any word?
No, I sent a hastener yesterday. http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/20107?tstart=0
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
In IRScope, in the "Advanced" menu, change the "IRP Data Format" to one of the hex options. The second to the last byte contains the function code or OBC in hex. Since this is a simple MSB protocol that uses 1 byte for the function, there is no need to reverse or complement or bit shift, or use any special mathmatical tricks. Heck in this case you don't even need to convert to decimal since RM allows you to enter the hex directly and will calcuate the decimal for you. You can simply pick up the hex from the IRP and plug it into the hex column.
At long last we have a reply, I had to resort to a PM to get him. Turns out the partial remote worked so I just need to do the other buttons.

Vicky: Sorry to be thick but I don't see how to view the codes in the format you describe. After setting the IRP Data Format what do I select to see the hex ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
In IRScope, in the "Advanced" menu, change the "IRP Data Format" to one of the hex options. The second to the last byte contains the function code or OBC in hex. Since this is a simple MSB protocol that uses 1 byte for the function, there is no need to reverse or complement or bit shift, or use any special mathmatical tricks. Heck in this case you don't even need to convert to decimal since RM allows you to enter the hex directly and will calcuate the decimal for you. You can simply pick up the hex from the IRP and plug it into the hex column.
At long last we have a reply, I had to resort to a PM to get him. Turns out the partial remote worked so I just need to do the other buttons.

Vicky: Sorry to be thick but I don't see how to view the codes in the format you describe. After setting the IRP Data Format what do I select to see the hex ?

Its been a long time since I did worked on this. So long ago that I am in a different state, on a different computer. No notes here. But it looks like these are instructions for IR.

I must have extported this and used Rob's spreadsheet to convert them to an IR file.
Use Rob's IrScopeDecoder
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9051

From IRSCope export the files in UEI format and then get that data in to IR.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, might as well be Greek I'm afraid. Way over my head.

Rob: Can you help me view the IRScope output in the hex format Vicky describes ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just post the ICT and I'll pick them up.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Rob: Can you help me view the IRScope output in the hex format Vicky describes ?

Yes, first you need to read the following post as it describes how to convert an ICT file into an IR file. These are the steps that I follow every time I have to decode an ICT file (you don't need to follow steps 5 and 6).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14280

Once you have converted the file to an IR file:
1. open it using IR and go to the Learned Signals tab
2. Go to the Advanced menu item, select IRP Data Formet (about half way down), then select one of the two Hex options. (It doesn't matter which, but to exactly match what Vicky posted, select "Hex (base 16, prefix 0x)"
3. click on a learned signal to see the IRP in the "IRP Form" box.

Here's a zip that contains your original ICT file, the UEI export file and the resultant IR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11460

Note: the learned signals are saved on random buttons, look at the Note to see what they really are.

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: