JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BIN codes for Philips DVP 3150V
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
byrdley20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: BIN codes for Philips DVP 3150V Reply with quote

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am looking for the BIN codes for a Philips DVP 3150V. It is also called Philips DVP3150V/37. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a basic remote. If it works tell me what other functions you need (There are about 50 ancillary functions and I don't want to waste time analysing them all ) Laughing

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11418
byrdley20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm out of town this weekend, but will try it out when I get home on Monday. I'm just needing very basic functionality - power, channel up/down, number pad. I really think that's it. I'm just using it to get cable TV. I'm not even using the VCR or DVD features. I'll let you know how it goes! Again, I appreciate it!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This unit uses RC6 for the DVD functions and RC5 for the VCR functions. It is probably better to divide this into two upgrades for a regular remote.

Here is a complete list of the functions for this unit using the RC5/6 combo. There are close to 80 functions!
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11428

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrdley20 wrote:
Thanks! I'm out of town this weekend, but will try it out when I get home on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes!
Waiting patiently to be told Smile
byrdley20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, alanrichey, I finally got around to testing it today. Unfortunately, it's not working. When I install it and test the Power button in the Setup Assistant, I get an error that says "Custom remote code not found. Please try a different code." I chose the custom code and entered V2010. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions here -> http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_Custom_Remote_Controls_and_use_them_on_your_Slingbox

If it matters, I'm using an old Slingbox AV.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you follow the instructions I included in the Remote ?

That message means it is not seeing the BIN files. Are you sure you have them in the right place ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrdley20 wrote:
If it matters, I'm using an old Slingbox AV.

Alan, could this mean he needs the OLD bin version?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, I just imported the binary files that you created into RM and it appears that you forgot to assign the functions to the buttons.

I searched the file section to see if you loaded an RMDU file so I could fix it for you, but didn't find one.

Byrdley20, I found a file for the Philips DVP-3750v_37 which uses the same protocol/device code, and also doesn't have any buttons assigned funnily enough, and used that instead. I used it to create a set of bin files, V2010 for the DVD and V2011 for the VCR, here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11430

I included JU bin files just in case the Slingbox AV is old enough to require them. I included the RMDU files in case you want to re-work the button assignments.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Al, I just imported the binary files that you created into RM and it appears that you forgot to assign the functions to the buttons.
Whoops, sorry about that. I must remember that this is one of the reasons for that error message Smile Thanks for stepping in, I'll wait for a report back before we continue.
byrdley20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman, I tried your BIN files, but I still didn't have any luck. I don't get any error now. However, the DVD/VCR doesn't respond to any commands. I double checked that the infrared blasters were plugged in and pointing at the right location on the box. Any other suggestions? I'm wondering if this box just isn't compatible...
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just to make sure, I have updated my original attempt with the buttons now mapped.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11418

Just give it a try
byrdley20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good news, bad news. AlanRichey, I tried your latest files out. It partially worked. The power button was able to turn the box on and off. But none of the other buttons functioned. The only ones I really need are power, channel up, channel down, and the numbers 0-10. Are you able to map those? I appreciate it! We're so close!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately those were the buttons I had already mapped. As Vicky pointed out, this machine uses 2 different IR protocols, one for the VCR (RC5) and one for the DVD (RC6). The power button is associated with the VCR functions. I had tried to build it using a protocol that combines the 2 types, but obviously only the RC5 part was working.

I've recompiled it using just the RC6 protocol, so that the power won't work but the other buttons should. That was we will know if the problem lies in the protocol or my learn.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&file_id=11418

What happens ?
byrdley20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that new one and now none of the buttons work. I would think the channel up/down and number keys would be associated with the VCR (RC5). Is it possible to build it using just the RC5 protocol?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: