JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic PT-LB51U projector pronto hex codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biker.josh07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Panasonic PT-LB51U projector pronto hex codes Reply with quote

Hey there.
I am just a newbie so you will have to explain things in basic terms.I'm looking for the discrete pronto hex power on/off codes for this projector.

My "universal remote" consists of an Atmel AVR ATtiny85v that can be programmed and hooked up to some IR led's to act as a remote operated by one button.

I have tried two panasonic projector codes from www.remotecentral.com ;the 48 data bit and the 56 data bit and both havent worked.

I would also like someone to explain to me what a device code is.The only panasonic projector device code that I have found is 128.72,but surely this isn't the only one.

I have read that modern panasonic projectors use the Panasonic2 IR protocol.The .hex file that is generated from the makehex program requires knowledge of the device code,so this means that each function IR code is unique to that model,right??The Panasonic2 protocol is not generic.I have read the wiki on IRP notation but I need to read it more than once before I will understand it properly.

Also doesn't the pulse time unit differ between regions.ie. in North America the time unit would be 432us but Europe,Australia and New Zealand its ~454us.

If you are wondering why I need to know it is for a University project

Many thanks for your help.
JB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Panasonic PT-LB51U projector pronto hex codes Reply with quote

biker.josh07 wrote:
Hey there.
I am just a newbie so you will have to explain things in basic terms.I'm looking for the discrete pronto hex power on/off codes for this projector.

My "universal remote" consists of an Atmel AVR ATtiny85v that can be programmed and hooked up to some IR led's to act as a remote operated by one button.

I have tried two panasonic projector codes from www.remotecentral.com ;the 48 data bit and the 56 data bit and both havent worked.

Well that wasn't much of a link, we know where remote central is. We don't know what codes you tried that didn't work.

Quote:

I would also like someone to explain to me what a device code is.The only panasonic projector device code that I have found is 128.72,but surely this isn't the only one.

I have read that modern panasonic projectors use the Panasonic2 IR protocol.The .hex file that is generated from the makehex program requires knowledge of the device code,so this means that each function IR code is unique to that model,right??

Not typically. Usually the device code is stable for a manufacturer, although some companies change for every model. That is not typical. If that were the normal way, then universal remotes wouldn't be practical.

Quote:

The Panasonic2 protocol is not generic.I have read the wiki on IRP notation but I need to read it more than once before I will understand it properly.

Can I steer you to a beginners document that I wrote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6996

That should help you understand the IRP.

Panasonic2
IRP notation: {37k,432}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-4,2:8,32:8,D:8,S:8,X:8,F:8,(D^S^X^F):8,1,-173)+

I looked at three models the Panasonic PT-;B51SE, PT-LB51E, PT-51NT on the harmony website and these all used the Panasonic2 protocol.

The power button looked like this
Panasonic2
IRP notation: {37k,432}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-4,2:8,32:8,D:8,S:8,X:8,F:8,(D^S^X^F):8,1,-173)+

{36.6k,435,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-4,A:56,1,-71.3m)+{A=0b01000000000001000000000100010010000000001011110010101111}; Alt leadout form: ^139m

The is device 128.72 with an obc of 61.

Quote:

Also doesn't the pulse time unit differ between regions.ie. in North America the time unit would be 432us but Europe,Australia and New Zealand its ~454us.

I don't know how the region effects this, but Panasonic is reading out at 435, which is close enough to 432, to be 432.

Quote:

If you are wondering why I need to know it is for a University project

Many thanks for your help.
JB

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: